“The Absolute Best”

Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace
Ranked #3 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We have stayed in Budapest a number of times and decided to splurge and stay at the Four Seasons. Our room had a small terrace directly in front of the Chain Bridge....We had never experienced Budapest in this manner. The pool/spa on the top floor along with the restaurant on the ground floor were all first class. If you come to Budapest once this is the place....If you are looking for a good value or are making many trips to Budapest then there are reasonable cost efficient alternatives....

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you so much for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest. I was delighted to read that we managed to make a fine impression and show you Budapest in a way you have not seen it before. Your nice comments on our facilities and services are very much appreciated and I hope that you will choose Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace again whenever your travels bring you back to Budapest in the future.

Yves Giacometti

Write a ReviewReviews (2,547)

Reviewed 16 November 2011

Began a month-long European trip with 5 nights at the Four Seasons Gresham and
it set a very high bar for the other hotels to equal. We found the hotel to be perfect
in every respect. Our room was large, well furnished, very comfortable and afforded
us a view of the Danube. We found the staff to be very friendly and extremely helpful.
The doormen, front desk staff, restaurant and bar folks and housekeeping were
outstanding. Really enjoyed the breakfasts and looked forward to ending the day
with a drink in the bar. The location is ideal as anyone who has stayed here can attest.
Will be happy to recommend this property to anyone headed to Vienna. We hope to
have the opportunity to return in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

It was a real pleasure to read your comments regarding your recent five-night stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest and to note that you enjoyed your time with us. I was proud to hear that we managed to set a high bar for the hotels that followed. Thank you for your nice words concerning the location of the Hotel, your room and our staff whom you found very friendly and extremely helpful, I cannot wait to share your words with all of them.

We hope that you had a wonderful tour of Europe and that you have returned home with fond memories of your stay with us.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2011

The hotel foyer is very impressive and immaculate and the hotel is located in a beautiful spot of Budapest next to the Danube river. The hotel staff is excellent and treat you with a great deal of respect. The facilities are superb, including the beautiful spa area and exercise facilities. I travel to Budapest on business every few months and one the highlights is my stay at the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: If you can find a room that looks out over the Danube river you will really enjoy the view of the Ca...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

I would like to thank you sincerely for your patronage of Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest and for taking the time to share your compliments with us following your recent stay at our Hotel. It is great to hear that you were content with our magnificent foyer, the location, our Spa and last but not least the respectful service provided by our staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest in the near future.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

We chose to go to Budapest because Qatar Airways was now offering a direct flight from Doha. And what a surprise the city and this hotel was.

Gresham Palace was early last century, a residence for Budpest's well heeled families. It took two years to build then yet five years to restore more recently. The art nouveau gem has spectacular views of the Chain Bridge to the Buda side of the Danube. It's also close to some of the city's more funky eating and drinking holes, which the city is famous for and is walking distance to "Fashion Street", the stunning parliament house and the basilica.

Aside from the fabulous service and experience, the hotel is also perhaps the host beautiful in Budapest, its glamour overshadowing the more soviet era creations of the Marriott, Intercontinental and the Sofitel.

Although the guest rooms are smaller than we are used to in the Middle East, they have the kind of comfortable elegance you come to expect from the Four Seasons. Mine had a view of the bridge was on the second floor. Although the hotel was busy, I felt quite cocooned in the room. Servicing of the room was not only efficient but personal and the little treats left every evening were a great idea.

Breakfast in the Gresham competed well with the nearby cafes and the popular bar attached to it served expensive but well made cocktails and local wine.

The spa on the fifth floor is small but offered a range of traditional massages (swedish etc) but also has treatments using local ingredients and techniques. I had a 75 minute "special" using a blend of oils made for the hotel.

Where the hotel really shined was with its staff. The front office team were especially helpful and knowledgable, led by Husseyn, and made our visit not only seamless but a joy.

Room Tip: As for one with a view of the bridge. The interior rooms, while lovely, look onto the inside of the...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your generous feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest. I was delighted to read about your pleasant impression of Budapest and our Hotel. I appreciate your kind words regarding your room that you found comfortably elegant, and the offer of our restaurant and bar, as well as the services of the Spa. Thank you for favorably mentioning our staff, particularly our housekeepers servicing your room, the front office team and Husseyn who made your visit a joy. I enjoyed the opportunity of meeting you as well and sharing my views about this wonderful destination. I will take great pleasure in forwarding your compliments to all of my colleagues.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Beautifil hotel that I managed to stay at by default, the tour I was on wwere sent here because our schedduled hotel had overbooked us. What a lucky break that was. I cannot say enough about this beautiful hotel, its position on the river overlooking the old town, it interior decor, the rooms were lovely & the breakfast mighty

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your nice remarks regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest in May. I was very happy to hear that you were pleased and satisfied with your hotel you had to stay at „by default”. I appreciate your kind feedback on the location, the decor and our breakfast service.
We truly hope that next time your travels bring you to Budapest, Four Seasons Gresham Palace will be your first and only choice!

Reviewed 10 November 2011

I have been in Budapest maybe 50 times. Usually I staying private appartments or at the Le Meridien. I have been wanting to test the Gresham and so I did. Pros: Very nice staff that is attentive,and very professional. Location: good, but actually late evening not so nice anymore.
Liked the room, beautiful bathroom but for 250 euros a night I dont feel that this hotel can outshine the nice boutique hotels that will charge you 100 euros pr night in the same area. Overpriced roomservice. But nice gym and spa. I would recommend to go and look at the hotel but overall the gresham is a cold and not so interesting experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank moccamocca
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your remarks regarding your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest. I understand your time is valuable and it means so much to us when our valued guests give us feedback. Our goal is to ensure that each and every one of our guests leaves with a feeling of satisfaction and I regret that with you we failed to achieve that. As a frequent visitor to Budapest you must have a great advantage of being able to compare different accommodations, therefore please rest assured that I will give your comments great consideration in order to see where we could still improve.

I do sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity to show you our ability to provide a first class service that Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts are renowned for.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Incredible art nouveau hotel beautifully restored in central position overlooking the river to the old town. Walking distance of everything. Staff very helpful and friendly. The perfect stay and cannot recommend highly enough

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel’s architectural design and our staff that you found very friendly and helpful. I am also glad that managed to benefit from our great location.