“A Great Day of Spa Indulgence”

Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace
Ranked #3 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Budapest, Hungary
“A Great Day of Spa Indulgence”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

For the holidays, my wife and I thought we owed ourselves a little rest and relaxation, and what a better way than a day at the spa. And more specifically the spa at the Four Seasons. At we were not disappointed.

While we are not spa experts, we do have them occasionally both here in Budapest and while traveling abroad. The facilities themselves are excellent. A well-stocked locker room that was roomy and comfortable. A short walk upstairs (or elevator ride) took us to the floor with the pool, co-ed sauna and jacuzzi and separate steam rooms. All nice and in the comfort expected from a Four Seasons property.

And then the massage. In a word - outstanding. In detail - we selected the couples chocolate indulgence, more for the experience than anything. The massage was excellent and while I thought the chocolate was a bit overwhelming my better half loved it. The massage service was thorough with warm blanket wraps, warm shower (to rinse the chocolate off). All-in-all, the massage service and facilities were very good and highly recommended.

And one final topic. The service. Top notch. Outstanding. Personable. We felt very welcome as the masseuses checked our comfort occasionally as did he front desk and pool area staff. The service was not overwhelming in anyway, just professional and welcoming.

Well done Four Seasons Gresham Palace Spa Team. We'll be back!

Do yourself a favor and book an afternoon. Enjoy!

Jeremy

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
It was a pleasure to read your kind feedback about your day spent at the Spa of Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace. We believe as well that everyone deserves a little rest and relaxation and I would like to thank you for choosing our Spa to provide you with that. We were happy to see that you were satisfied with the Spa facilities and that you found the service provided by our colleagues professional, personable and welcoming, I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with our Spa Manager, Zsófia Hellinger and her staff who did such a wonderful job.
I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you and your wife back to Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace in the near future.

Best regards,

Yves Giacometti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Staff was very well trained. Very easy to make reservations on their website. Food was the best we hd in Budapest. Ask for a high floor the views are worth it. I hve stayed in many four seasons and this one is one of the best.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
I would like to thank you for your generous feedback about our Hotel posted on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you found the reservation through our website easy and that you had a memorable dining experience and were pleased with the views from your room as well.
Thank you for your patronage of Four Seasons, we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your time spent with us.

Kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We did not stay at the Four Seasons, but we ate an INCREDIBlE Christmas Day Brunch here.

The hotel is in a fantastic central location and is in a great spot to get to all sights.

The lobby is gorgeous and grand with a beautifully decorated Christmas tree.

For 16,000 Ft or 50 euros we enjoyed the most amazing brunch.

We arrived at the start, 11am and stayed the full 4 hours until 3pm.
We had an excellent table by the window with a view of the river.

There was an abundance of beautiful food. Meats, seafood, soups, eggs, omelets and the list goes on.
Unlimited soft drink, fresh oj, champagne were all included in the set price.
A kids corner and Santa were good entertainment too.
There was a very good brass band who played the entirety of the day.

The staff did a great job and our waiter went above and beyond to accommodate for our needs.

We couldn't recommend the brunch more highly for you special Christmas day meal.

**we ate at the Intercontinental buffet Christmas Eve dinner the night before for 30euros each and were very disappointed. Don't waist your time there - spend the extra and get amazing here!**

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Bec B
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
I would like to thank you for sharing your generous feedback on Tripadvisor regarding the Christmas Day Brunch at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace.
I was extremely happy to read that you were fully satisfied with the brunch and that you found the food to be beautiful and the staff accommodating.
There is nothing more motivating than to read feedback like yours, I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with Mr. Andrea Colla, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage and the rest of the team.

Kind regards,

miami
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We checked into the Gresham and were immediately impressed with the lobby and the staff.
Our room was large and most comfortable. But we were overwhelmed with our view over the Rhine looking straight on to the Chain Bridge..

The Location, the service and the lovely bar makes Gresham Palace woth a trip tp Budapest.

Room Tip: Ask for view over the Rhine
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest in October, 2011. We were delighted to read that you were pleased with the facilities, the service and the prime location of our Hotel and that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace in the future.

South East England
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Stayed at the Gresham Palace as part of 25th wedding anniversary trip including orient express. Excellent location next to the chain bridge, the view of the hotel from the other side of the bridge is spectacular. The rooms are very spacious and nicely decorated, staff very attentive, the meal we had in the restaurant was delicious, all round I would say worth spending out for the luxury.

• Stayed June 2011
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace this June. We appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to contribute to your 25th anniversary celebrations. I was delighted to see that you were pleased with our facilities and services; particularly your room, your restaurant experience and the service provided by our staff, I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with them.
Kindest regards,

London
Reviewed 26 November 2011

This was a very special trip - 30th anniversary - so we wanted the best. The service was exceptional from start to finish. 5th floor rooms have a tiny balcony that affords a view of the Buda castle which is directly across the river from hotel. A superb location - stunning food in the restaurant, staff as friendly helpful and courteous as I have ever experienced. This has to be just the best hotel in Budapest on every level - location, restaurant, service, spa everything. Four seasons quality all over. Thank you to all the staff we had a very special 5-day stay. Oh and the bed was the most comfortable and sumptuous - a delight!

Room Tip: Everyone still smokes in Budapest - so they currently have smoking rooms - it changes next year. I d...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
I would like to thank you for your generous feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest. I was delighted to read that we managed to contribute to your happiness on your 30th anniversary. I am glad that you were pleased with the Hotel location, your dining experience and the staff that you found friendly, helpful and courteous. There is nothing more motivating to us than to read comments like yours, I will take great pleasure in sharing your kind words with all of our employees.

Kindest regards,

Chicago
Reviewed 23 November 2011

After 4 nights at the Gresham, I struggled with what rating to give to my review. As beautiful and centrally located as it is - and yes, the staff has been amazing, I really was disappointed by the overall "value" that this Four Seasons provided. Maybe I am spoiled by the Penn and the Park Hyatt, but I was simply not that impressed - disappointed is the best word that I can use especially given the raving reviews on TripAdvisor. To be fair, let me begin with the "good" which have been stated many times on TripAdvisor:
1. The building is simply amazing. Lovely design, looks dead-center at the chain bridge and centrally located.
2. Service is what one expects of the Four Seasons....outstanding
3. Restaurant food is atually very good (we ate there 3 nights) - prices are not cheapt however we felt it to be an overall good experience (and easy and not so heavy as much of the local fare).
4. Spa facilities are wonderful
5. View from the river facing rooms are great - HOWEVER - if you are sound sensitive, you can hear the street traffic especially on the lower floors (we actually moved from the 4th floor view room to an inside room as the street sound was too much for us).

The "not so great";
1. Our room (£400/NIGHT) was about 350 sf;
2. Our TV was the size of a computer monitor
3. THE ROOM was a basic "box" room with plain walls
4. Internet access was about £12/day every day.....
5. As is typical in most hotels that we visit, there is usually a coffee maker in-room and/or tea service in the lobby....nothing at Greshem.
6. Turn down had no treat - no chocolate or anything
7. Bathroom shampoo/soap -- nothing special

Although these items may seem insignificant, when I pay top prices and I stay at a Four Seasons, I tend to expect all the "extras". When they are lacking or missing -- it does get noticed!

My suggestion is to stay in a standard room.....don't pay the higher prices for a room with a view (as the windows are small and the street is loud).......or maybe consider a small hotel - which is likely what we will do next time.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Sandy4385
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace for your recent visit to Budapest. I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to share your experience and your general impression of our Hotel in detail. We understand your time is valuable and it means a lot to us when our guests provide us with feedback.
I was delighted to read that you found the Hotel building amazing and that you were pleased with your dining experience as well as the Spa. Thank you for mentioning that you received outstanding service from our staff. I was concerned to learn that your room with a Danube view did not provide the peaceful relaxation that you were looking for. Unfortunately, we were facing some challenges during the renovations of this historical building. Restrictions applied to any modification of the original features and spaces, however the graceful result usually compensates for the few shortcomings in the eyes of most of our guests. I am truly sorry that you did not feel that you were getting the right value for your money. Our goal is to ensure that each one of our guests leaves with a feeling of satisfaction from their visit; we failed to meet your expectations and for that I do apologize. You may rest assured that your comments regarding the size of the television, the cost of the internet use and the amenities were well noted and that these areas will be carefully examined, as your comments offer us a valuable opportunity to monitor and continually improve our facilities and services.
Thank you again for your feedback and I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace should you travel to Budapest any time in the future.

Best regards,