“Pop on in.”

Ranked #2 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Arran
“Pop on in.”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Dropped in here for coffee and snacks (as one does), and immediately decided that we have to return to stay, irrelevant of cost! A very special hotel and considering we just walked in off the streets, mainly out of nosiness, everyone was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank campseat
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind words and feedback. We do our best to create a relaxing and inspiring experience for our guests and I am very glad to hear that we succeeded in your case so much so that you would consider staying with us upon your return to Budapest.

My very best,

Yves Giacometti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This is simply one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. It's now a home away from home for me as I visit regularly for business trips and won't stay anywhere else now in Budapest. The service is faultless, I am greeted by name each time I visit and treated like royalty. I'm always made to feel at home and given a warm welcome, which is lovely when I travel alone for business. The rooms are beautiful, even the standard rooms, although small, have the most comfortable beds and pillows and beautiful large and well equipped bathrooms. If you are lucky enough to be able to stay here in Budapest, you will never want to stay in another hotel. The spa and gym are fantastic and a welcome relief after a stressful day at work.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BizTravAnd
I am extremely happy to read that we managed to wow you and that you consider our hotel your home away your home when travelling to Budapest.

I can assure you we are the lucky ones to have such guests like you who take their valuable time and post their praising comments on the Tripadvisor website.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2012

The hotel was sold out when I was in Budapest so unfortunately I stayed across the bridge, I had dinner at the Gresham Palace almost every night of my week long stay. The service was fenomenal, the drinks stiff and the foie gras amazing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Normacha
Though unfortunately we did not head the pleasure to accommodate you in April as we were fully committed over that period I was truly happy to read that we managed to contribute to a delightful dining experience.

chester, nj
Reviewed 13 December 2012

This was one of the most wonderful hotels I have ever stayed in. The architecture & design were just amazing & is located in the most convenient area of Budapest. Walking distance to many historic sites & of course right on the Danube. I cannot say enough about the service & the staff. They will do anything they can to please & accomodate however they can. Restaurant was also top notch! If you have the opportunity to go to Budapest you must stay here, it made my trip!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cherilicious
I appreciate your generous feedback you posted on Tripadvisor some days ago. I am so glad that you were impressed with our beautiful building and its location. Thank you for highlighting our Gresham Restaurant. It will be my pleasure to share your compliments about the service with our entire team who did their best to ensure your satisfaction.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This is a magnificent historical palace on the Danube. It would be difficult to find a more beautiful setting in the world. Clearly the best hotel in Budapest (maybe Europe). Expensive, but a good value. Treat yourself to this lovely hotel. You deserve it !

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Danube view. It's worth it !!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TheOranges
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind notes and feedback. Great to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and that you felt that you have received a good value for your money in our Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Located in Pest the Fourseasons hotel is the Gresham Palace,the most beautiful palace in the city.
Just in front of the chains bridge,with Castle hill on the other side in Budha has a wonderful view of the Castle ,the Fishmen' bastionand St. Mathias Church and of course the Dnube.
Very beautiful inside with very nice rooms and wonderful bathrooms with of course all the toiletries.
Exceptional staff everywhere.
The food is also very good and very well presented.
In my opinion the best place to be in Budapest and one of the best Fourseasons i've ever experienced.Truly a 5 star.

Room Tip: Get a Danube view. Although more expensive they are worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank isabel a
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
I am extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your kind remarks about the architecture and the employees of our Palace. It was great to see that you liked your room, equally the bathroom and its amenities. Thank you also for highlighting your delicious dining experience.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 November 2012

The Gresham Palace is not an elaborate edifice built by some long deceased member or the nobility, but a gorgeous building built by an English businessman in at the turn of the 20th century.
It is perfect to house a great hotel.
Located overlooking the Danube, with a view back to Buda the Gresham Palace is in the heart of Pest.
Our large corner room on the first floor was large with very high ceilings and was airy and comfortable. Management managed to work in all the usual Four Seasons comfort with no blandness that sometimes come to just another Four Seasons room. And the view back across the Danube at the castles and history was magnificent.
The service was equal to the building and the room. Magda, the head concierge suggested that we take an hour evening cuisse of the Danube and pushed when we resisted, She must have had the same reaction in the past, She was right. The hour floating on the Danube with the history being narrated was perfect.
Her restaurant recommendations were equally perfect.
We loved the Four Seasons Budapest and look to returning. There is no place else we would stay in Budapest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room wiht a Danube view. The Firsat floor has the highest ceitings. 131 is faBULOUS.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank venamo
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. I was delighted to read your kind words and I am glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. Equally pleasing is your comment about the staff, especially our Head Concierge, Marta whose friendliness and willingness to assist is an integral component of our guest experience. I will certainly share your praising words with all of them, especially with Marta Andrasi, our Chef Concierge.