“Memorable”

Ranked #3 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Dubai
“Memorable”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

You expect memorable service and facilities at any Four Seasons but between the location and F&B team, it made it even more so. If possible, request a room on the front side for the views of the bridge and Castle Hill. We loved our room and after staying in boutique hotels in Prague and Vienna, it was really nice being back in a Four Seasons and their luxuries. And the bed as comfortable as always. Since it was Christmas the whole area was decorated beautifully. The Hotel is blocks from St. Stephen's Basicilla and they had an incredible light show. Plus, a nice Christmas market. Definitely try the restaurant and the degustation menu with wines for dinner. Most memorable meal for us the month. And the bar with their fabulous drinks should be a nightly visit!!!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the front for views, if possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
It is great to learn that you have an extremely positive opinion about the Four Seasons, especially highlighting our hotel here in Budapest, as particularly liked by you mainly owing to our delicious cuisine, tasty drinks, comfortable beds and magnificent views from our front rooms. I am glad that we could contribute to your memorable experience in Budapest and we were able to enhance the already romantic atmosphere of the festive season in this charming city!

Yves Giacometti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace for 3 nights in December to see the Budapest Christmas markets. From the moment we arrived at the hotel, I loved it - it was light up beautifully from the outside. Inside it smelled like fresh pine owing to the enormous Christmas tree in the lobby. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating to us given I was travelling with my husband, my mother and my two small daughters (aged 3 and 4). Unfortunately my 4 year old got a terrible cold our first night, so we pretty much never left the hotel or ate anywhere else in Budapest, but there was a surprising amount for us to do in the hotel with two little children. The pool and spa areas were fantastic and they didn't have any fussy rules - we were able to swim whenever we wanted with the girls. The restaurant made us feel welcome and provided coloring pages and crayons for every visit as well as plastic cups and cutlery for the kids. When we needed medicine and a doctor, the hotel provided what we needed within the hour of request. Our room was clean and we had a gorgeous view of the Danube. Would love to visit again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kcbf
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us your most kind and detailed comments of your stay with us trough Tripadvisor public website, as well as through our internal electronic survey, which we have also successfully received. It was a wonderful way to start the year as we understand how valuable your time is, especially giving feedback through various channels. I am extremely sorry to learn that one of your little ones got sick during your visit to Budapest, but I am glad and thankful that we were able to assist when needed and keep your daughters busy with different pleasant activities.

Thank you also for the positive comments in relation to our employees. We have always known our people are our most valuable asset and your account of their professionalism only serves to confirm that belief. We are indeed fortunate to have such people working in Four Seasons Gresham Palace Budapest.

We would be thrilled to have you back anytime in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 December 2012

What can I say? This is a Four Seasons at its finest - it truly lived up to its name in decor, luxury, comfort and service for a very reasonable price (at the 5-star level). We arrived in Budapest after a long day of flying and immediately relaxed upon entering this historic building that is quite stunning on its own, even more so with holiday decorations. The check-in process was very quick and easy (a good thing because we were exhausted), the standard rooms were a perfect blend of functional and opulent, the bar service was very friendly and helpful and the drinks were tasty. I could have sat in the lobby bar all day, but the Christmas markets of Budapest called.

My only wish about my stay is that I would have liked to stay longer. We were only there for one night, so I did not get to experience the spa. I will return, however, because Budapest is a fantastic city with wonderful sights and friendly, welcoming people.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LindsayPaige
I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace over the Holidays. I am truly thankful for nice remarks regarding the hotel décor, its public spaces and your smooth check-in experience. It is great to learn that you enjoyed your time at the Hotel even if too short and that we managed to contribute to a memorable experience.

london
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is a magnificent property, previously a temple of British commercial success ( it was built for/by Gresham ) now a faultless example of Four Seasons' immaculate standards for service and hospitality. I was smiling from the moment I walked in and I kept my smile for the next two days. he architectural magnificence of the property was more than adequately supported by the professionalism, politeness and the warmth of the staff. The front desk was welcoming and quick at check in, efficient and resourceful during check out. The Concierge desk came up trumps each time with their recommendations for restaurants and managed to book me a city tour (with a fantastic guide) that suited my business schedule. So often you see nothing of the city that you visit on business but I am glad that this was not the case with Budapest. Some of the town might be draped in melancholy and decay but this is a beautiful and confident property, I would love to go back for a long w/e with the family and enjoy the experience again.

Room Tip: If you can, get a river view room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank LuxNomad
Thank you so much for this fantastic, detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. Your great description as to what one can expect when visiting the Four Seasons Gresham Palace is highly appreciated. I was extremely happy to read that you felt you had a fantastic stay with us and to see so many of our staff recognized in this way. While impressed I do have to say I am not surprised. They are all great and those you mentioned, especially our Front Office and Concierge team will get special recognition.

Arran
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Dropped in here for coffee and snacks (as one does), and immediately decided that we have to return to stay, irrelevant of cost! A very special hotel and considering we just walked in off the streets, mainly out of nosiness, everyone was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank campseat
Thank you for taking the time to share your very kind words and feedback. We do our best to create a relaxing and inspiring experience for our guests and I am very glad to hear that we succeeded in your case so much so that you would consider staying with us upon your return to Budapest.

My very best,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This is simply one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. It's now a home away from home for me as I visit regularly for business trips and won't stay anywhere else now in Budapest. The service is faultless, I am greeted by name each time I visit and treated like royalty. I'm always made to feel at home and given a warm welcome, which is lovely when I travel alone for business. The rooms are beautiful, even the standard rooms, although small, have the most comfortable beds and pillows and beautiful large and well equipped bathrooms. If you are lucky enough to be able to stay here in Budapest, you will never want to stay in another hotel. The spa and gym are fantastic and a welcome relief after a stressful day at work.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BizTravAnd
I am extremely happy to read that we managed to wow you and that you consider our hotel your home away your home when travelling to Budapest.

I can assure you we are the lucky ones to have such guests like you who take their valuable time and post their praising comments on the Tripadvisor website.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2012

The hotel was sold out when I was in Budapest so unfortunately I stayed across the bridge, I had dinner at the Gresham Palace almost every night of my week long stay. The service was fenomenal, the drinks stiff and the foie gras amazing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Normacha
Though unfortunately we did not head the pleasure to accommodate you in April as we were fully committed over that period I was truly happy to read that we managed to contribute to a delightful dining experience.