“A perfect start” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
New York
“A perfect start”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed at the Gresham Palace for 3 nights prior to boarding our riverboat. I can't add anything new to the numerous glowing reviews for this hotel. It was so comfortable, luxurious and spacious that we really felt at home, especially after the warm personalized service when checking in. The only negatives were the wireless internet policy (only one device in use at a time) and the breakfast buffet which was a little meager (but included in the room rate when booking with Amex Platinum). We loved Budapest--had an excellent guide who gave us a tour of Art Nouveau buildings--the Gresham Palace is an outstanding example of this architectural period.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a room with a full view of the river and the bridge--definitely a plus!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
I was extremely happy to read that we managed to create a memorable experience and that you felt like home away your home at the Gresham Palace in Budapest.

We were delighted to learn that you found our hotel a stylish and remarkable place to stay at and overall you enjoyed the services and facilities our hotel has to offer. I appreciate you taking the time to share your opinions and thoughts with me.

Nevertheless we also noted your slight disappointment with our Wireless Internet policy. Be assured that we take your comments very seriously and appreciate your constructive feedback.

Yves Giacometti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

What can i say. Would I recommend it? Hell yeah, in a heartbeat.
Great location right on the heart of the city, just opposite the castle and Chain Bridge, walking distance to a lot of tourist attractions.

Well priced (by western standards) for what you get, and that is a lot. Big rooms, fantastic service, amazing food, free wifi in room, spa.

Going to Budapest business or pleasure stay here if you can afford it.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your passionate words regarding our beautiful Palace, our location and the attentive services you received from our staff.

I am extremely happy that we managed to contribute to a memorable experience.

Calne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here earlier this year and with snow on the ground the Four Seasons became a haven at the end of days of sightseeing. A beautiful building, fantastic service and some of the best leisure facilities you'll find in a city centre hotel. You could come here by yourself and still feel like you were in a romantic movie. Loved everything about it.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
It is so gratifying to read your feedback regarding your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest last year, especially to learn that you still cherish great memories of your stay with us since March. I also appreciate your kind words about the professional service provided by our staff!

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Woodstock, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

There is a reason that the Four Seasons Gresham Palace is rated as the top hotel in Budapest; it is the FOUR SEASONS! Everything about the hotel and the location was top notch and beyond expectations. First the locations is perfect. You have a view of the Danube and all of the splendor across the river in Buda. The Chain Bridge which is even more beautiful at night is right across the street and fills your view from the river side rooms. You are a very easy stroll away from a few areas that you will just want to walk, shop, people watch, eat and stop for a sidewalk coffee. The local food, people, and hospitality is wonderful.

Upon arriving at the hotel you are warmly greeted by a host of friendly bellmen, who unlike some other hotels where you feel intimidated to let them take your luggage, approach with a genuine desire to make you feel welcome. Check in was easy (we did have one issue here but it was eventually resolved professionally and to our satisfaction) and the room was fantastic. We upgraded to the Park Suite as our daughter was staying in the room with us and it made for a more comfortable experience. Only complaint about the room is that it may have been too big as we could barely see the television across the room.

The Concierge desk was extremely helpful and definitely gave us great advice as to where to go for shopping, museums, and restaurants.

The pool and gym were very useable and very attractively done. The pool was very cool, and the jacuzzi (while not hot enough) and steam and dry sauna were a welcome relief at the end of a day of walking.

Would definitely stay here again if we return to visit Budapest and after 5 days there, we felt there was so much more to see!

Room Tip: River side it worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
It is great to read your positive comments posted on Tripadvisor public website a few days ago about your recent stay with us. I was happy to learn that you enjoyed our hotel’s great location and magnificent views. Thank you for expressing your appreciation not only about the hotel’s physical aspects and facilities, but also about the service our employees are so proud to act with such level of passion with our guests. I appreciate your highlighting of our helpful and knowledgeable Concierge staff, our genuinely friendly bellmen and professional front office employees. It is truly because of our wonderful people that we enjoy the reputation that we have earned as a company, worldwide.

I am delighted that you also managed to discover so much of what Budapest as city has to offer, such as its gorgeous sights, its quality restaurants and welcoming warm people.

We look for forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

Calgary,AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Although we did not stay at this hotel....we were so cold from walking around that we wanted to relax in spa. The pools/treatment rooms/changing rooms were all perfect. I got a full body massage and it was one of the best I ever had...and I used to be an esthetician!

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank CentiniCalgary
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
It was a pleasure to read your kind feedback about your time spent at the Spa of Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace. We believe that everyone deserves a little pamper and relaxation and I would like to thank you for choosing our Spa to provide you with that.

It is great that you had a wonderful spa indulgence, mainly owing to the massage provided by one of our professional therapists. Be assured that I will be sharing your complimenting words with our Spa team.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here with my husband for two nights at the end of a business trip to Hungary. Having had an extremely busy week (and stayed in a hotel the night before that was not good) I was very tired when I arrived at my room.

From the minute I stepped into the room (and lay down on the bed) I started to relax, and an hour later, having jumped in the shower (on massage setting) in the huge bathroom, and unpacked, I felt fabulous. My husband arrived an hour later and we set off to enjoy our luxurious weekend.

The bed is enormous and it felt like floating on a cloud, so much so that for the first time ever I noticed the difference when I lay down on my own bed last night! That's never happened before (I make a point of having a v comfortable bed / mattress).

The room was excellent - a superior kingsize. We were offered a Danube view room for an additional 100 euros per night but we declined as we barely spent any time in the room anyway. Our room was huge and had everything we needed. You don't get any view in the interior rooms but really you don't need it if you're there for sightseeing.

We used room service a few times for drinks (hot water at night and coffee in the morning), everything came very quickly and efficiently.

In the morning we ate breakfast downstairs, although we had double juice and double coffee, we were only charged for one of each, which was v generous. My husband said the cooked breakfast was excellent. I had an omelette - it was not the best I've had, but I'm fussy about my omelettes and I prefer them spanish style rather than with the filling in the middle (I should have asked for it that way).

We used the concierge service a couple of times - I wouldn't usually have done this but we needed a place for lunch and dinner and the concierge convinced us to move away from the Lonely Planet and go with her suggestions. For lunch we went to Pest-Buda on castle hill, and in the evening we went to Cafe Kor, 5 mins round the corner - both were excellent.

On the Sunday we decided to go to Hemingway for brunch in Gellert - an LP pick, which was also good. It was so sunny and warm that we sat outside and I didn't make it to the Gellert baths - if you want to go, the hotel will give you a towel and slippers inside a bag so you don't need to worry about bringing your own.

Location wise - having stayed in 3 hotels in Budapest now, I would say the location right next to the chain bridge is ideal. I also stayed at the Corinthia and it's not a patch on this hotel, nor is the location as good.

Yes this hotel is not cheap, but I can't fault it in any way. Everything was perfect from start to finish. I have a feeling I've not stayed in any Four Seasons elsewhere, so I will be definitely using them again when I want a treat outside the UK in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank woganmog
I was delighted to read your detailed review on the Tripadvisor public website. It is great that you and your husband decided to relax and pamper yourselves in our hotel after a busy business trip spent in Budapest.

As the first Four Seasons you have ever stayed at, we were very impressed that we could pleasantly surprise you, even managed to go beyond your expectations in terms of quality and service. Thank you very much for pointing out the fine recommendations of our Concierges, who were spot-on.

It is great that you thoroughly enjoyed all that Budapest and the Four Seasons had to offer and that you even consider staying at one of our other properties when travelling in the future.

Kind regards,

Louisville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Lovely hotel in great location... It's an old palace that has kept the basic and grand charm w/o overdoing it.. Very expensive but it is the Four Seasons... My only issue is that the pool is awkward and not so user friendly...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank snooperdooper
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
I am so happy that managed to contribute to a memorable experience in Budapest. Although I was sorry to learn that you did not like the infinity pool in our Spa, I am glad and thankful you were fascinated by the atmosphere and the charm of our hotel and you would recommend our facilities and services.