“A beautiful hotel with fantastic service.”

Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace
Ranked #3 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Boston, Massachusetts
“A beautiful hotel with fantastic service.”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We recently stayed at this wonderful place. The hotel itself is beautiful and in a great location. Plus, the service was great. We are still talking about how much we loved it here and would recommend this hotel to anyone who travels a lot and knows quality when they see it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
I am extremely happy to read that you have enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay with us. Thank you for recommending our Hotel to all Tripadvisor readers and travellers!

I truly hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Gresham Palace.

Yves Giacometti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
santa rosa
Reviewed 6 December 2013

After a harrowing hour being( and getting more) lost as we drove around Budapest looking for the hotel, it was like finding paradise when we finally arrived. The hotel is gorgeous, the staff, lovely(altho we found the concierge staff, in general, not up to 5-star levels), our room more than spectacular, and location, overlooking a park, the Chain Bridge, and the Danube, magnificent. We had a wonderful dinner at the hotel restaurant, and the breakfasts were also great.

Room Tip: If view is an important consideration, ask for Chain Bridge view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bigtimegypsy
Thank you so much for your kind feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace this year in May. I was very happy to read that after you had been driving around in Budapest for at least an hour to find our hotel you finally got here successfully and you were so much impressed of what you saw, it is indeed a stunning palace with a very convenient location.

I am also thrilled to learn that overall you were pleased with the services provided by our staff. Nevertheless we noted that unfortunately our Concierge department did not completely live up to your expectations. I am very sorry to learn about that, as we constantly strive to offer an exquisite service, but we accept if there is room improvement and that we can benefit from the feedback of our valued guests.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future.

San Clemente, CA
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The hotel lives up to its reputation as one of the top hotels in the world. The door and front desk staff are welcoming (Daniel was especially charming), the hotel facilities are luxurious, the room was relaxing and comfortable, and the bathroom was out of this world!! L'Occitane products, bath salts, soft slippers and robes.....I never wanted to get out of the tub!

The location is great...step out the door in front of the Chain Bridge and look straight across the river to Buda Castle and Fishermen's Bastion - nothing compares to it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you so much for your generous feedback. I was delighted to read your kind words and I am glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. Equally pleasing are your comments about our professional doormen and reception staff. I will certainly share your praising words with all of them, especially with Daniel, our Doorman.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Gresham Palace.

Until next time,

Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We knew that being one of the top hotels in the world that we would most likely enjoy our stay while in Budapest. However, the hotel still far exceeded our expectations.

We stayed in the Crown Suite. A lovely room, well laid out, plenty of space. So comfortable with a lovely view of Buda Castle and the Chain Bridge from our balcony. The main problem was that we loved the hotel so much we had a hard time wanting to leave to see more of Budapest!

We had dinner, lunch and breakfast in the Gresham restaurant. The food was terrific and the service was friendly and attentive.

Budapest was a lovely city. I'm not sure I'd come back again for a visit unless we included the Four Seasons. That would make it worth another visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
I was impressed by your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Gresham Palace.

It is a great feeling to learn from you that we succeeded to create a memorable and unforgettable experience!

I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Gresham Palace very soon.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

After attending a concert in St Stephens Basilica, we walked to this bar to get some warming food and drink. Visited the Piano Bar in the lobby area. The hotel is in a stunning Art Nouveau building, the Gresham Palace and the service and food in the bar were excellent. We were looked after by Benedict who was attentive and very helpful. The piano player was also excellent worth a great repertoire of tunes and happy to take requests.

A perfect venue for our last night in Budapest.

YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
I am extremely happy that you stopped by to our hotel to indulge yourself with nice food and drink and to listen to piano music after a concert you attended in St. Stephens Basilica.

Thank you for pointing out the thoughtful and efficient service you received from our server Benedict as well as complimenting our piano player. I am glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our bar and lobby lounge.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and outlets.

Warm regards,

Reston
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I chose this hotel mostly because my husband loves the Art Nouveau style, but it turned out to be the worthwhile big splurge of our trip. It's a lovely building to explore. The location is right by the Danube and one of the pretty bridges. Our room was very luxurious, quiet, and well-equipped.
The concierge helped us with sightseeing plans, which we appreciated.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words posted online regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the location and the Art Nouveau décor of our hotel.
I was very happy to read that you were impressed with your stay with us! It feels so good to learn as well that our Concierges have done their best to ensure your satisfaction.

Woodland, California
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have wanted to see this hotel for sometime and having been to over 20 Four Seasons it is truly one of the prettiest. The main issue was that after a long day of travel, the first thing after hello, was the special on the Presidential Suite. After saying no, I was given the hard sell on the next level suite. I just wanted to go to my room which was just below a suite and relax.

Finally, I got to my room and there was no note, no bottle of water, flowers, nothing. In all my years of coming to the Four Seasons, there has always been a welcome card, with fruit or something.This was a first and when I asked even about the water, I was told you can get it in the minibar.

I was not happy and 5 minutes later I got a call to tell me about the Tower Suite opening up after telling me they were all booked during the week I was staying. I went to look at it and said I would stay in the room I have. He then offered it for less and I thought, am I in some kind of bazaar negotiating to buy something. This was not the Four Seasons I knew.

I called the manager, Mr. Giacometti, but he was going out of town and had the Room Manager, Mr. Zakaria speak with me who couldn't have been nicer. He made sure the rest of my stay went without any further incident and enjoyed having coffee with him everyday. He didn't charge me any extra for the room and did everything possible to make my stay enjoyable. I did mention that there shouldn't be such a young person at the front desk since it is the first point of contact for a guest and certainly not try and hustle you into upgrading. I did get the chance to meet Mr. Giacometti and he was very sorry about what had happened and comped the first night. I ended up staying 10 days because Prague had been flooded but didn't mind a bit since it such a beautiful city with so much to see.

Everything worked out perfectly in the end and would definitely say this is the best hotel in Budapest.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 4halex
I was happy to read you praising words of our hotel’s facilities and services! It is great to learn that you are a fan of Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts and you keep staying in our properties worldwide.

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace for your recent stay in Budapest. We appreciate your time to write such a detailed review nearly 7 months after your visit. We understand your time is valuable and it means so much to us when our valued guests give us feedback.

I am very sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your arrival experience, but I am glad and thankful that Mohamed Zakaria, our Director of Rooms was able to assist you throughout your stay. I am glad that he showed genuine attention and care to your concerns and that he succeeded to turn around the displeasing experience into a memorable visit.

We highly value your business and we will do everything possible to ensure that your next stay completely meets your expectations.

Warm regards,