“One of the most amazing hotels I have ever been to”

Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace
Ranked #3 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“One of the most amazing hotels I have ever been to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

It's true, I'm sixteen, but wouldn't that just make my argument stronger? I went to Budapest with my Grandparents and roomed with my cousins (both sixteen), and we could not have been more content. The building is beautiful, the beds are unbelievably comfortable, and it's in the perfect location for a nice walk. Amazing hotel.

Room Tip: Really, any room in this hotel is a good room. Pricier rooms are of course going to be nicer, but it...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Benjamin-Blumenstein
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
It is so gratifying to read your feedback regarding your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest last year, especially to learn that you still cherish great memories of your stay with us since September.

It is a great honor to learn that you consider our beautiful palace one of the most amazing hotels in the world you have stayed at so far! This is particularly appealing hearing this from a sincere, instinctive and experienced 16 years-old traveler.

Looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Yves Giacometti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We mainly saw the facade (day and night) and briefly walked through the imposing metallic gate doorways to see the inside - though we were 'chased' away as there was a big Turkish diplomatic delegation with plenty of burly guards!!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have stayed in a number of the "so called" best hotels in the world but I must say that the four nights I have spent here were absolutely superb. Wonderful and friendly staff, clean and very tidy room, what more could you wish for? Excellent value for money in a lovely city. If I was to stay in Budapest again, I would not even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your time with us so much that if one day you were to return to Budapest, you would only consider staying with us again.

I really appreciate your positive feedback about our employee’s friendliness. I am extremely proud that our staff repeatedly provided personal and attentive service. It is a great feeling to learn from you we succeeded to create a memorable and unforgettable experience!

Kind regards,

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in February. The room was lovely with a great view of Chain bridge and the river. We had the Valentines taster menu which was nice, not great but nice. The concierge, Marta was excellent - she recommended a couple of great restaurants for lunch and dinner, Cafe Kor for lunch and Tigress for dinner. She also recommended a tour which was really good, there were only 4 of us and our guide was really informative. The breakfasts were nice and the staff throughout were absolutely excellent. Room service was very swift too.
We had massages which were both excellent.
2 minor gripes - at the Valentine dinner, ask soon as we sat down they offered us an aperitif so we ordered Bloody Marys. They arrived quite quickly, but so did the 1st course literally the same time. This was particularly irritating as my husband opted for the wine pairing so he had a Bloody Mary with his 1st course and the wine came in between, mmmmm sort that out please it did let it down.
In the bar I ordered a Bellini and the champers used was flat, on a good note though I was actually just going to drink it without saying anything but the bar lady came over to check if I was enjoying it and I'm no good at pretending so I said it was flat, she whisked it away with a huge apology and it was quickly replaced.

Room Tip: The view of Chain bridge is really unbeatable
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank holidaychicLondon
Thank you for your detailed and mainly positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Gresham Palace. I really appreciate you taking your valuable time to share your experience with all the readers. I was delighted to see that you were pleased with your room facing the Chain bridge and the Danube. Thank you for pointing out our Chef Concierge, Marta Andrási’s excellent restaurant and tour recommendations. It is a pleasure to learn that you have found her as well as all our staff such a fine example of success. I will take a great pleasure sharing your complementing words with all of them.

Nevertheless I am sorry that we missed to provide a first class experience in all areas of the hotel. Please be assured that we noted your rightly disappointment with the hurriedly served aperitifs together with the 1st course of the dinner and that the drink your ordered at the bar was not properly prepared, although quickly replaced by the waitress. We perfectly understand your feeling of frustration in these situations. Please accept our apologies for missing the opportunity to get you right at these points.

We hope that you will grant us another opportunity to be at your service in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

you feel like you are a king. the concierge are very helpful.the view is amazing especially the river view.the hotel is the center of everything.the service is great and money wise it's expensive but it worth to try it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for such a positive feedback and for highlighting our Concierge services! We greatly appreciate it!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

A wonderful experience, the staff couldn't have been more helpful, knowledgeable about the city and and genuinely hospitable. The location is superb and a river view is recommended, even if a bit pricey. The breakfasts are historic. Warmly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I appreciate your generous feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Equally pleasing are your comments on our employees’ knowledge about the city and their helpfulness as well as the smart care they deal with all our guests and clients. I will certainly share your praising words with all of them.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Gresham Palace.

Until next time,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel was absolutely fantastic. The hotel was put together very well. I had a room overlooking the Danube River. The staff is impeccable. Well worth the price. The food is quite excellent as well.

Room Tip: Request a room on the front of hotel overlooking the Danube.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott R
Thank you for your generous remark regarding the facilities and services at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest. We are glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us last year in September. Especially appreciate your highlighting of our staff.

Kind regards,