“Post-Card view of the Chain Bridge and the Danube River, Budapest, Hungary. Fantastic for all entertainment”

Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace
Ranked #3 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Riffa, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed for our 20th wedding anniversary. Romantic, ultimate luxury and location. Beautiful architecture and décor. Superb service and food. Upgrade for a suite overlooking the Danube. Definitely worth it! Oh yes, and the bed was ridiculous comfortable.

Room Tip: Upgrade for a suite overlooking the Danube. Breathtaking during the day and romantic in the evening...
1 Thank JubailKSA
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Warm congratulations for your 20th Wedding Anniversary! It is great that you have selected the Gresham Palace for such a special occasion, this way giving us the opportunity to contribute to your anniversary celebrations. Our aim is to provide an unforgettable experience for each and every one of our guests and I am happy to know that we succeeded in your case.

Kindest regards,

Yves Giacometti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

This is an amazing place to stay. It is elegance itself. It couldn't be more perfect in position. It is however the most expensive place we have ever stayed and not the very best! I know you are paying for the four season name and the position, but over £2000 for a 3 night stay which doesn't include any food we were a little disappointed. Yes we had a view of the Danube but the room itself wasn't that great. We were very lucky to be able to afford to stay there and the staff are lovely.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hazel B
Thank you for your kind words posted online regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that overall you were satisfied with the location and the elegance of our hotel’s décor, as well as with our staff.

Although your feedback was mainly positive, I was concerned, however, to learn that you felt like you did not receive good value for you money spent in our hotel, as you thought your room was not as great as you would have expected and the package you selected did not include breakfast in the rate. Please be assured that we take our guests’ feedback very seriously as it is our greatest tool for improving our facilities and services in order to best serve the needs of our clients.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest in the near future.

Best regards,

near London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had stayed in one Four Seasons before in Canada, and the Gresham Palace
confirmed their unparalleled standard. Service and staff delightful, nothing too much trouble, the odd small error (eg a missing bathrobe) remedied with profuse apologies.
Gorgeous room, and they took great trouble to allocate one that fitted our pre-arrival request for a quiet location. Elegant decor, great condition (though I would expect a coffee maker as standard in such a well-equipped room/hotel).
Restaurant also outstanding. Try and take in their "Power Lunch" fixed price menu, and make sure you have one of their signature lemonades. Gorgeous - so gorgeous I didn't bother with wine!
The building is one of Budapest's finest, a turn of the century beauty facing the famous chain bridge and Danube. Touch of art nouveau but converted tastefully - open, spacious, etc. Hard to fault!
BTW, lovely, though small, infinity pool in their spa on the top floor. A quiet but refreshing way to start the day, and with the best appointed changing facilities I've had anywhere!

Room Tip: You pay more for a front-of-hotel view of the Danube and the Buda, but it facesthe main feed road to...
1 Thank Marianne53
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace for your recent visit to Budapest. It is a great honour to read that we were able to affirm the unparalleled service standard you experienced before at one of our sister hotels in Canada.

It was a great pleasure to read that you found the hotel building amazing; your room as quite as you required, and at the same time elegant and comfortable. I was also trilled to note that you were pleased with the quality of our “Power Lunch” menu as well as you enjoyed an indulging spa experience, highlighting our well appointed changing facilities.

Please also be assured that we have taken good note of your comment regarding a coffee maker in the guest room. Your recommendation is highly appreciated and will be highly considered. In the meantime we would be glad to make a note in our reservation system of your preference for a coffee machine for the future if you consider. Feel free to contact my assistant Andrea Fekete, at andrea.fekete@fourseasons.com who would be glad to assist you with this request.

My greatest joy is to read that you received on outstanding service from our staff. It is truly because of our wonderful employees that we enjoy the reputation that we have earned as a company, worldwide.

Looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

.. it's hard getting up in the morning. Never been to Budapest before so lots to see, so you might understand why this can be a problem. My wife also had a complaint that it was to nice. And I agree that there is a limit to how nice a hotel should be. Gresham Palace is to nice.

If I were to compare Gresham Palace to other 5-star hotels i've stayed at one thing that stands out is the personlized service. If you speak with either the consierge or the doorman they will it seems remember you. The doormen often greeted me with my last name which startled me at first, and the consierge would ask me how I enjoyed the restaurant the other day. You feel like more than "just another customer". I wish i'd tipped more.

Now this is a really high-end hotel. It's really beautieful, impeccable service and really expensive. Now what I usually worry about in these circumstances is "fitting in", or "not standing out". And for most part of my holiday i'll be out sight-seeing, taking pictures and just walking about. So this means comfortable clothes. I want to dress like a slob, but I also want a very good hotel were I feel comfortable. The best thing here about Gresham Palace is that it is also a tourist attraction so it'll be all sorts of people in the lobby at any given time during the day, which makes the hotel seem less stiff than it actually is, and I can blend in with my camera and sneakers.

The hotel also has a spa which we used for half a day. We had a 75 minute massage which was heaven and also reasonably priced. After the massage me and my wife wanted to have a swim in the pool, but we haden't brought swim clothes. I sent my wife to buy some for us in the spa lobby, but be careful it was very expensive. I think it cost us 70 000 HUF and it was the cheaper of the swimming clothes. A lot for 15 minutes in the pool. They do I belive have exposable swimming clothes. Overall the spa was excellent, with a pool, hot-tub, steam-room and sauna. Dried fruit and drinks like iced water with lemon, tea etc.

Our room was originally one of the smaller rooms, but upon arrival we upgraded to a bigger one with a view of the chain bridge. So when I say our view from the room was outstanding this will probably not apply for all rooms. But if you want to impress your spouse or lover i'd recommend an upgrade.

If I were to point out anything negative about Gresham Palace it would be the price. It is very expensive compared to other 5-star hotels in Budapest. However you will get what you pay for. And what your paying for is that little extra.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view over the Danube!
1 Thank Lanfear23
I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed the beauty of our building and quality of our hospitality. It was so nice of you to take the time to detail all the elements that made your time at the Four Seasons Gresham Palace so enjoyable.

It makes me so proud to learn that your recent experience in our hotel was especially enhanced by the service extended to you by our Concierge and Door Men team. Your kind remark regarding the personalized service in our Hotel that sets it apart is much appreciated and very motivating for us to continue delivering the highest level of service and a customized guest experience. It is true, our staff put a great deal of thought into how they care for our guests and it is very encouraging when their efforts are so recognized.

I regret however, that you felt this experience was quite expensive, highlighting that the some items like the swim suites you missed to bring with you on your trip were quite costly; but I am glad and thankful that overall you felt you did receive good value for your money in our hotel and you would highly recommend us to the travellers’ world.

Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is situated in a great location for Budapest sight seeing, spa fab and great afternoon tea with amazing china made especially for the royal wedding with beautiful butterflies lush❤️ right by the river great view friendly staff lovely food what's not to like ?

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your praising comments regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Gresham Palace. I was so happy to read that you had a wonderful and memorable stay with us.

I especially appreciate your feedback in relation to the Herend afternoon tea, since we have just recently launched this special promotion in association with this great Hungarian brand and I am glad you were one of the first guests who could enjoy this wonderful experience.

Willisau, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

After few days in Budapest, my decision to save the best for last was paid-off. This Four Seasons hotel is exactly the same like others... Very typical THE Four Seasons. It never goes wrong when you choose to stay at Four Seasons. They give you only the best experience during your stay and surely you'll promise to yourself that you'll come back. If you intend to stay at the Four Seasons, please maximize your stay. Great hotel to relax and enjoy the great food.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for your most generous feedback!

It is so gratifying to read your recognizing words and your praise of our service quality. Please be assured that we highly value your patronage and thank you for being such a loyal fan of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts!

We would be thrilled to have you back anytime in the future.

Kind regards,

High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel is in a great location to see many of the major sights in Budapest and then come back to a relaxing, elegant room. The concierge the great help and advice, in fact, all the staff was most helpful and courteous!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I was delighted to read that you were pleased with our facilities, location and services and you had a memorable stay.

Thank you for pointing out the efficient and attentive service provided by our staff, especially by our Concierges, whom you thought were helpful, knowledgeable and spot-on. It will be a great pleasure sharing your compliments with them.