“Just gorgeous.”

Ranked #3 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Just gorgeous.”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Wow! This hotel is gorgeous and our room is large and beautiful. The service level is top notch. Several people working here called us by name after we we're here only a few hours. Angela at the concierge desk was so friendly and extremely helpful. She recommended a great, authentic Hungarian restaurant. Food was delicious, wonderful service.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade. If available, they may give it to you. Also, choose a room with a River vi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathi K
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am extremely happy to note that you are enjoying your time with us and I appreciate your praising words of our beautifully restored historic building. It is great that our Concierges, especially Anita are able to contribute to a most enjoyable experience assisting you with appropriate restaurant and program recommendations.

Yves Giacometti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Budapest is somewhere that we have wanted to visit for a long time and having now done so, our experience was made even better by choosing to stay at the Gresham Palace. I honestly can't think of a hotel I've stayed in where the staff were so universally helpful and courteous. We arrived very late and I made a passing observation to the receptionist that it had been my girlfriend's birthday and the following day they came to the room with a great cake for her and a card. The room itself was great and we did use the spa and fitness centre which were also top-notch.

1 Thank TRS999
cumbria
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just had 4 days in Budapest with friends staying at Gresham Palace Hotel which really is a very nice hotel, very good staff, great location, cannot recommend it highly enough, well worth a visit, nice restaurant too, pretty basic on first appearance and slightly limited menu but the quality of food is really very good, we were advised to try Hungarian wine by Catalina ( restaurant manager and exceptionally good ) what great advice, we stuck with Hungarian wine all weekend and it really is very good indeed, great gym & spa / pool area, the staff are all really very nice - Another very great Four Seasons Hotel

1 Thank paumart
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
It is great to read your comments posted on Tripadvisor public website about your recent stay with us with your friends. I am glad that you liked the architecture and the location of our Palace, you enjoyed your dining experience in our Gresham Restaurant and you had the opportunity to pamper yourself in our Spa area.

I was also delighted to learn that the whole experience was enhanced by the service extended to you by our employees, especially Katalin Balázs, our Restaurant & Bar Manager. I am always pleased when our employees meet and exceed our valued guests’ expectation. It is truly because of our wonderful employees that we enjoy the reputation that we have earned as a company, worldwide.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Four Seasons Budapest is gorgeous. The rooms are large. You wouldn't even know you were staying in the heart of a major city if you have a courtyard room. It's typical Four Seasons excellence in a beautiful Art Nouveau building with wonderfully restored stained glass and ironwork.
The spa is excellent as well.

Room Tip: I cannot imagine there is a bad room in the place, but if you want a quiet room, ask for the courtya...
1 Thank sfnola
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I would like to thank you for your praising words in relation to our beautifully restored Palace. The transformation of this building into a Four Seasons Hotel was a tremendous task and the result is truly amazing, indeed. I am also glad to learn that our courtyard rooms offered a peaceful relaxation.

It is a wonderful feeling to read on Trivadvisor public website that you highly recommend our hotel, especially highlighting our Spa facilities.

I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Gresham Palace very soon.

Best regards,

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here two years ago and my memories of the Gresham were fantastic. You always wonder when you return if the experience will live up to the memory, and I am happy to report that it was even better. I honestly have not stayed at a hotel that does a better job overall of seeing to the comfort of its guests. Every person on the staff is friendly, helpful, and exceptionally well trained. The rooms were spotless, the breakfast buffet has a huge variety of options which you can augment with American style choices (pancakes, omelets, etc) if you prefer, and the location at the foot of the Chain Bridge is spectacular. The interior of the hotel is simply beautiful. It was extremely hot when we visited Budapest and to return to the lobby and sit in the tea area and have a drink was simply heaven. One day our son wasn't feeling well, so my daughter and I spent the day at the hotel instead of sightseeing. We had lunch in the restaurant and treated ourselves to dessert afterwards. DO NOT MISS THIS! The tortes and pastries are exceptional and the presentation is lovely. I mentioned to our waiter that my son wasn't feeling well and asked if he might bring us some crackers. He returned immediately with a beautiful assorted basket of crackers to take to the room. To be sure, this is not a budget hotel; but it worth EVERY penny. The hotel is just a short walk from the Vaci Ut (shopping area) and St. Stephen's church. Since our last visit, the street leading to the church has been developed and includes a tempting array of restaurants with outdoor seating, so you are literally minutes away from many great meals if you want to venture out of the hotel. My only criticism is that the traditional Hungarian favorites on the dinner menu had been re-invented in a deconstructed style. They were delicious, to be sure, but did not resemble the "comfort" food my mother and grandmother made, and which I remembered from our last visit. But that is a very minor criticism.

A note about rooms: we did not ask for view rooms, although some visitors might enjoy seeing the Chain Bridge at night. After a long flight from California, we appreciated the absolute calm and quiet of the interior rooms that overlook a courtyard. The street in front of the hotel is hugely busy due to the proximity to the Chain Bridge and we didn't want to contend with any traffic noise.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Colleen D
Thank you for your amazingly detailed and generous feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Gresham Palace. It was great to have the chance of welcoming you back in our Hotel.

I really appreciate you taking your valuable time to share your experience with all the readers. It was great to learn that no matter you have already stayed with us before; you were again amazed by the beauty of our building and enjoyed the Four Seasons atmosphere.
I was excited to read that from the moment you arrived with your family, through dining with us, and exploring this beautiful city and resting in the peaceful comfort of our courtyard rooms after a busy day with sightseeing, your family enjoyed the whole experience very much.

I was so proud to learn the quality service you received in our Hotel sat it apart. This is very motivating for us to continue delivering the highest level of service and a personalized guest experience. We have been fortunate to amass a group of individuals who truly care about our guests and take great pride in their own performance.

I am sure many who plan to visit Budapest will find your review a valuable source of information.
I sincerely hope that we will keep coming back to us in the future.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 June 2014

First my positive feedbacks: Great (best!) location in Budapest, wonderful historic building, everything is in perfect shape, fantastic style! Staff very friendly and we got an upgrade because of some problems during our stay - many thanks for that! The pool and spa area is very nice - have a look at it and enjoy!
Negative: Pricing is even for Europe extremely high. In this situation a fast internet connection should not be produce extra costs! Complimentary nespresso caps are counted an limited on three for a double bed room....Is this the Four Seasons mentality?! Room cleaning was late and not on time even after my request - for that reason we got an upgrade - many thanks again to the management!!!! But in this level of pricing and the salary level in Hungary the hotel management should invest much more in the manpower! But the room service was excellent and fast! Bathrooms: Only one lavatory, shower and small tube but the toilet was not in a seperat room (not a real problem but remember the price!).
My advice: Choose the river view rooms in spite of the extra costs! The rooms in the 5. floor are located close to the pool, have a small terrasse and are not so noisy! Definitely my choice!!! The standard rooms are a litte bit dark (because of the windows of the historic building) and probably noisy - depending of the side street. So: Take it all or leave it!

Room Tip: Choose the river view rooms in spite of the extra costs! The rooms in the 5. floor are located close...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace for your recent visit to Budapest. I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to share your experience not only through the public channels of Tripadvisor website but also by filling in our internal Online Guest Feedback System, which we have also received a couple of days ago and replied to.

I appreciate your comments about your general impression of our Hotel in detail.
I was delighted to read that you found the Hotel building amazing and that you were pleased with your Spa experience. Thank you for mentioning that you received great service from our staff in general, especially highlighting our Front Desk employees who assisted you with your room upgrade.

Nevertheless I was truly sorry that you did not feel that you were getting the right value for your money. Our goal is to ensure that each one of our guests leaves with a feeling of satisfaction from their visit; unfortunately we could not completely achieve this in your case. You may rest assured that your comments were well noted and will be carefully examined.

Thank you again for your feedback and I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace should you travel to Budapest any time in the future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is quite simply the best I have ever stayed in. It helps of course that Budapest is also
incredibly fascinating. The Gresham, is pure unadulterated luxury, from the exquisite rooms to the beautiful soft bathrobes with the collars lined in palest pink silk. The views from the balconies in the rooms along the front are wonderful and you can watch Budapest as the light fades. The bar is not the least expensive in the world, but to be honest it is such a joy to stay somewhere where your every need is anticipated you just go with flow and deal with the financial aspect when you return home. We loved staying at The Gresham and we loved the cosmopolitan atmosphere of Budapest. Almost all things are possible in this incredible and historic city.

Room Tip: A room along the front of the hotel is a must.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank ladypeta123
I appreciate your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor some days ago. It makes me feel extremely proud to learn that you positioned our hotel so high on your list of favorites, as the best hotel you ever stayed at and you were also fascinated by the city of Budapest.

Thank you so much for highlighting the great service you received from our employees at the bar, who according to your feedback were able to anticipate your needs and offered you a wonderful service. I can assure you that there is nothing more motivating for them than receiving feedback like yours to continue providing services beyond our guests’ expectations.