“Very small rooms”

Novum Hotel Golden Park Budapest
Ranked #242 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Rooms at the hotel are very small. The hotel is in a relatively good location. The price is more than good.

The staff is friendly. Breakfast was decent. What is the biggest problem is the noise. All night next to the hotel passing ambulance with sirens. The hotel is on a busy boulevard, probably the all other hotels in a similar location have same noise problem.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aleksandar J

Reviewed 11 August 2014

First impression of this hotel was not favourable. The halls are very dark and dreary and the rooms are drab and unimpressive. But the bedding was clean and it was conveniently located. We used the nearby hop on hop off to travel close to the sites we wanted to visit and found this to be easy and enjoyable. The breakfasts I really didn't find appetizing, but I do recommend the little Italian restaurant attached to the hotel. Being close to the train station is a plus for some, but the noise (mostly construction) and overall ambiance wasn't pleasing. However, the room rates were fair, so I really wasn't expecting five star.

Room Tip: upper floors, further away from constant traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was in this hotel at New Year 2014. From the hotel you can easily get to main city square with a lot of xmas fairs. Near the hotel there was free and pay parking, and I hadn't any trouble to park my car. This is a classic hotel with long passages and plenty of rooms. Room was quite small and not very clean, slightly worn carpet on the floor and so on. But the price was attractive and I haven't feel any regrets about staying there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PavelDubrovskiy
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and me visited Budapest by train so hotel location was perfect because is across the street from Keleti Train station and also on the Metro station. Tram and bus stations were few meters from hotel entrance.
Before booking we read some reviews and decided to book room on the top floor which was good choice. Room was big enough on two levels between entrance and bathroom. We had nice panorama view, but it was also little bit noisy , because tram start station was under our window. When we close the soundproof window it was ok.
Hotel is rather big and there were some school groups arriving and leaving every morning and evening but reception staff was very fast and there was no crowds more than 10-15 minutes. At the restaurant and at the lobby free wireless was available.
Breakfast was buffet and with correct offer, but I would expect some more delicacies at the 4 stars hotel.
Staff was extremely nice, starting from the booking and ending with helping me to solve big problem when I was robbed in public transport. My wallet with documents was stolen and they help me to contact embassy and allowed late checkout for free. Their kindness made our stay in Budapest despite bad experience with pickpocket easier and nice and hopefully we'll be back soon but this time will be more careful in public transport.
We were sorry that at the time we were there sauna was not available due to some reconstruction or similar problem.
I would recommend this hotel to the people who want to use public transport during their stay in Budapest because of perfect location and because of brilliant staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

after many years of staying at the golden park ,i read reviews about rude and miserable staff.
Believe me the staff are brilliant .if you heard the way some of the customers talk to them as if they are there slaves they have every right to now and and be off hand with them .
After many,many,long stays here i can honestly say never ever have i had a problem with any staff member.

Room Tip: you get what you pay for ,as with any hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank david r
Reviewed 31 July 2014

± Cleanliness: 2/10 !!! yes. not a 4* at all !!!
± Location: 8/10 very good, 1 minutes from Keleti Train Station and metro Station.
± Service: 2/10 very bad.
± Value of money: 1/10 very expensive to its value. not valuable.
± ordered 3 beds, got one double & non-opened, dirty sofa.
± very basic, only for sleep nothing more.
± guesthouses can be better

!!!!! for construction reasons they transferred me free of charge to another better hotel BUT!!! then charged my through Booking for not showing up.! I had to e-mail them times and times...

Room Tip: Wifi was available only in the Lobby area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Saher19
SalesManagerGPH, Front Office Manager at Novum Hotel Golden Park Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Saher19,

Let me begin by thanking you as our costumer for taking the time to pen your review regarding last stay with us was in august 2013. After reading your comment we’re slightly unsure, how long have you been here for. On other hand it is better late then never to receive your reflection.
I am surprised by your comments about being so annoyed, how was your stay. If we had informed in time we would have had more chance to rectify all of your trouble on spot. We need you to ensure if our guest has unsatisfactory we are commited to do all „what we can do”. This attitude assures you never get any frustation or bitter feeling after you had checked out.
My apologies, you had had WIFI just in the lobby in that time when you were here. We hope,
you’ll be over the moon to hear it, since last year september WIFI accsess available entire the hotel building.
In regards to the price we do run promotions and offer package purchases during the seasons. The management first intention, we strive to offer good value for money and we’re so pleased after several feedback of our previous clients, we had exceeded all expectations as we provide reasonable value for money in a good location with acceptable comfort feeling.
We’re so sorry you were not able to take advantage on this stay.
We do hope you change your mind about staying with us again we can welcome you back to Golden Park Hotel.
Thank you for helping us.

Best regards:
Judy Nagy
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend in February 2014. It was a very basic hotel in a great location. From our small room, we had a brilliant view of Keleti Train and Metro station, 10 mins from the park, and about 15 minutes walk from the New York Café. We had a really nice time walking around.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple