2,091 results
All reviews conference hotel nice hotel swimming pool city centre business trip nice stay public transport quiet location clean rooms buda side hotel is located tram stop min walk danubius gym buses minibar
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Thank you Danubius Hotel Flamenco! Just stayed there for 3 nights and had the best sleep I've had for a long time. The beds were very comfortable and I really didn't want to get up and join the rest of my friends! I can recommend the mini bar, particularly the can of Stella and White wine which tasted great just before breakfast! Thank you again Hotel Flamenco and I hope to be coming back very soon.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Aleddodd
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on quite a few occasions most recently in early February 2012. I've used it for conferences and training sessions previously. It is a good sized hotel with plenty of facilities which certainly give it 4* for features but I feel as though it is now looking a little dated so this pushes it down to 3* in reality.

Large reception area and range of conference room combinations. Small bar which I've seen overwhelmed when lots of people arrive. Apparently good fitness facilities as well :-)

Location is OK - not down town certainly but actually quite reasonable and clean/tidy. Good Internet & WiFi coverage but perhaps a little expensive.

On this specific visit, the quality of breakfast was poor and the lack of hot water due to a technical problem didn't help. But the hotel staff/manager gave a generous discount in compensation, although I would have preferred to pay full price with food and hot water....

Room tip: Looking out of the front of the hotel has a nice park view and older buildings. Rear view of the hills isn't bad either!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 20tc
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The hotel was of reasonable quality and very clean. It is not in the most exciting part of the City, but then the weather was terrible and I was there to work...

The conference staff were excellent, indeed all of the staff were charming and friendly the food was absolutely top rate and very reasonably priced.

My room was very average, and way too hot, but at least I could open the window and let the outside temperature of -12 degrees C help out. Nice enough bathroom. The bed was terrible and the quilt was full of static ALL the time!

WIFI was expensive, by local standards.

My lasting impression was of the food, really very good.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank BarryC2010
Csaba_Pokol, Manager at Danubius Hotel Flamenco - Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear BarryC2010!

Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences with us!

We are pleased to hear that the cleanliness of the room, the quality of the food and the attitude of our staff was as up to your expectations. It is always good to get positive feedback about our efforts on making our hotel and the services provided better and better.

Some might say that "It is not in the most exciting part of the City" but thanks to the excellent public transportation, the downtown can be reached in 10 minutes, and the Gellért Bath or Citadella are only 15 minutes walk from our hotel. After an exhausting business meeting or city trip everybody will value that the hotel lies in a quiet residential area, away from the noise and dust of the city center.

Unfortunately we have received similar complaints regarding the static charge in the quilt from other guests as well, to prevent this happening again we already started a negotiation with our supplier to switch to an other fabric conditioner.

I hope that in the future you will have the opportunity to return to our beautifully capital, and you will honor us with your trust, so we can do our best to convince you that our guests responses are much appreciated.

Once again let me thank you for your visit!

With kind regards,

Csaba Pokol
Reservation Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I have stayed 3 nights with my wife the Christmas break in Budapest in this hotel. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was excellent, for exaplme the Farm-style chicken breast stuffed with ewe’s cottage cheese and chives.. We booked that on the booking.com and it was easy, pleasant and cheap. And one more: at the evenings nearby we saw a Christmas lightning tram from our room window. Merry Christmas and thank you!

Room tip: Rooms on the Park side
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank ReM68
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The value of the hotel very much depends on the price you pay for it. I wouldnt say that paying more then 50 eur is worth the place and the service. Rooms are relatively small, there are smoking rooms on the same floor and you can smell those sometimes. There is a small park in front with a restaurant in it: i dont recomend it since the food is not good at all. There is a shopping center relatively close, only 6-7 min walking, worh gong if you plan to shop for shoes and clothes in Budapest.

Date of stay: December 2011
2  Thank Ilia T
Csaba_Pokol, Manager at Danubius Hotel Flamenco - Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Dear Ilia T,

thank you very much for taking time to let us know your opinion about our services.

You are right, the value of the room and the price are in close relation. We have four different room categories: Economy, Standard, Executive and Suites, we hope that we can offer everybody the most suitable room/price combination. Get an answer to all of your questions, our colleagues at the reception can kindly help you.

I apologize about your unpleasant experiences in connection with the separate non-smoking and smoking rooms. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Each of our rooms are installed with air-conditioning and the process of reorganizing the designated smoking room is in progress.

At the reception you can get always information about the city, which are places which can’t be missed. The Danubius Hotel Flamenco take responsibility for the professional and excellent meals so may I kindly recommend our restaurant which provides both international and Hungarian cuisine and offers a wide range of specialities, sweet delicacies and fitness menus; accompanied by premium wines of famous Hungarian wine makers.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in our Hotel.

Kind regards,