“Best Hotel in Years”

Hilton Budapest City
Ranked #59 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The staff made us so very welcome and were unfailingly helpful and polite, They emailed us with service offers even before we arrived. I used them to arrange our pick up and drop off at the airport which was excellent. We upgraded on a stand by by offer to a junior suite and loved it. They are 1 minute walk from the metro with easy access to anywhere in Pest or Buda. Not to mention the side door into the 400 shops comprising the West End shopping centre!We had a medical emergency whilst they were there and can't thank Anna Karayne Gergely and her staff on the front desk for all their help and assistance. I would thoroughly recommend this Hilton

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Jaycee59
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay, we are really pleased that you could not think of a better hotel to stay. We are especially pleased by your compliments regarding the team, will share your praising comments with Anna in person, who helped you through the medical emergency. I am very thankful for taking your time to write, it would be our honour to welcome you once more at our hotel.

Rainer Gieriner

Write a ReviewReviews (2,128)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is a very typical Hilton so all of the amenities you would expect from the brand. Rooms are quite spacious and modern.

The restaurant serves some lovely food for a dinner, expect typical Hungarian cuisine.

Location wise, this is great if you want to be in the more modern and touristy Pest side of the city. The hotel actually joins the WestEnd shopping centre so you can walk right through from the lobby.

A really nice stay, although I prefer the charm and history of Buda!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback about your recent stay, it is much appreciated. I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the restaurant and our great location helped you to discover Budapest’s beauties.

Thank you very much for your kind words, and I hope we will be able to welcome you another time.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I selected the WestEnd Hilton in Budapest (there are two Hiltons) since it was located next to a large shopping mall in a lively area which was what I wanted for this trip which was a mix of business and pleasure. I was traveling alone, so I also wanted to ensure I was in a safe area. I only stayed for 2 nights from the 15-17 November and it really was a perfect choice. The standard room was average size, but the bed was very comfortable with a duvet and the pillows a good quality. Bathroom was modern but the shower head did not offer any special functions, but was new and had enough pressure. Breakfast was definitely overpriced for Budapest, so I only treated myself on Sunday morning when I could take my time. It was nothing special though, your usual Hilton choices and nothing cooked to order. Overall I was satisfied with the Hilton Budapest WestEnd since it was modern, with a sleek urban design and centrally located. Based on my experience, I would recommend it to other travelers who want a sure bet in Budapest.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read your compliments and recommendations, highlighting many of the assets making our hotel special. I am glad that you had a goodnight sleep in our comfortable new Serenity beds and enjoyed the safe but lively area. Regarding the breakfast we would be glad to prepare a hot dish like pancakes or eggs of your choice, just please let our servers know, I am sorry if it has been not offered you on the spot.

Thank you again for your time to document your kind comments, our door is always open in the future should the opportunity arise you would travel to Budapest again.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

This Hilton property is located at Nyugati station using the blue Metro Line.When you exit from the Metro and nobody can put you to the right direction just go up any of the stairways leading to the street level and you can easily see the West End Mall where Hilton is located.

You can either go through the underground tunnel which is filled with a lot of shops leading to the basement of the West End Mall or walk out of the Metro and use the street level walk towards the hotel.

You will have no problem finding a dining restaurant in this hotel since the mall itself has a lot of restaurants. Go to the basement where almost all eating places is located. It is a huge mall with a cinema and all kinds of stores.

I was given a room on the 2nd floor which is the No Smoking level. The hotel only has 4 stories. My room was quite comfortable with all amenities for Platinum members of IHG.You can buy Metro tickets and even Hop On and Off Bus tickets from the reception desk.

Getting to the airport is also not a problem just take the Metro using the blue line to Kobanya Kispest station then take an airport bus from there. If you take the hotel taxi which will costs about 1000+++ it will only take 25 minutes to the airport.Taking the Metro and the bus will be about an hour.

Although its not near the tourist area which is in the Deak Ferenc Metro stop it is still nearby just two stops away from the area where you can see the Castle Bridge and several other attractions.

I would recommend this hotel since if you are tired of going around the tourist area, shopping is just a step away, you dont even have to go far.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank betty l

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review about your recent stay and giving such helpful tips for travelers.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed shopping in Budapest's largest shopping mall just at the doorstep of the hotel lobby. It does sound like we have gained a happy customer! I hope you will visit again and we can continue to live up to your high expectations.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Just back from a short holiday here and found it excellent.
We took the advice of others who had written reviews and asked for an upgrade to the Executive Floor. Best thing we ever did. Large bedroom with an even larger bathroom with choice of bath or walk in shower. We ate breakfast in the lounge there and what a wonderful choice there was. After a day sightseeing it was a real treat to return for "afternoon tea", then a couple of drinks and snacks before heading out for the night or going to the hotel restaurant.
The staff were the friendliest and most polite we'd encountered in a long time. Nothing was too much trouble for either the staff at the check in or the two young members of staff at the executive lounge.
We bought tickets for the Hop on, Hop off bus which proved an excellent way to get your bearings but found the nearby metro station very useful and a speedy way to reach the centre of Budapest. Will return!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to executive floor. Cost £30 per night each but so worth it! Extremely quiet on...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a generous review about our hotel. We are really pleased to read that we were able to exceed your expectations in all aspects of your stay and you were impressed in particular by our Executive floor and Lounge. We are looking forward to welcome you at our hotel once again!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was our second stay at Hilton Budapest WestEnd, and we can only say good things about this hotel. This time we were upgraded to a Junior suite for being HHonors Diamond members, and the suite was nice, with a nice view. Rooms are bright and big, staff are very pleasant indeed and the service was a 5-star standard.

Executive lounge was very small, and the dinner cocktail choices were very limited. They did, however, compensate it with a great terrace and friendly service.

Breakfast was a classic Hilton choice.

This hotel is much newer than the other Hilton located in the Buda castle, hence we tend to choose it when we travel to Budapest. It does have it down sides, one of them being the absence of a swimming pool, something one would expect from Hilton.

Room Tip: If anyhow possible, ask for a corner room, gives you great views!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UV4ever

Dear Guests,

I was pleased to read your review about your recent stay, we very much appreciate honest feedback from our returning guest of us. We appreciate your kind comments on our comfortable Junior Suite and excellent services you experienced. We are looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd to be your home away from home again.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Really impressed with everything about the hotel from the rooms to the stafff. Great location too. Was also impressed that the hotel recoginised my birthday fell during my stay and organised some treats in my room for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time to write a review about your recent stay, we are glad to hear that you were impressed by the special treats on the occasion of your birthday. I am glad that we succeeded to create a memorable experience for you.

We are looking forward to welcome you once more at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd.