“Great location”

Ranked #55 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Hotel is joined to a shopping centre and a short walk from the train station. Reception and bar is modern and crisp whilst the rooms were a little more dated - still clean and functional. Free wifi in the reception areas.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TeamW00d
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and our great location. I am sorry that the condition of the room could not meet your expectations.

We always keep attention on details and continuous development, therefore, our rooms on the first floor just have undergone a soft refurbishment changing carpets and wallpapers, making these rooms fresh and stylish. I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you once more, and assign you a room category which better suits your requirements.

Rainer Gieringer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We dropped by Budapest for couple of nights and put up at Hilton Budapest Westend. It was a lovely stay, the best among the 7 hotels we stayed in throughout our European holiday this December. The excellent service was expected of any Hilton properties worldwide but the little extra touches leaves quite an impression. HBW is connected to Westend mall which is quite huge to say the least with plenty of shopping if you wish. It is a lovely place to stay if you are traveling with young children as the staff always seems ready for any extra services you might need.

Room Tip: There's complimentary wifi services at the lobby otherwise you can just sit at the lift lobby on...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LarsonSG
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking you time to place a generous review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you had a seamless stay with us and were especially pleased with the attentive services provided by the team. I will take great pleasure in sharing your notes with all of the employees as there is nothing more motivating than reading words like yours. We do our best to create a memorable experience for our guests and I am very glad to hear that we succeeded.

We are looking forward to have the chance to welcome you once more soon!

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Location of the Hotel is in the heart of the city. Plenty restaurant. Rooms are perfect. Value is great! Couldnt try everything in the Hotel like the spa or fitness and gym but I`m sure there is everyhting okay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Elias G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your sincere comments. I am glad to hear that you found your stay seamless. I hope to welcome you soon again at our hotel, and wish that you will have also chance to try our recently renovated Roof Top Fitness centre.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We've stayed for 2 nights during NYE in an executive room which offers nice privacy feeling in the lounge, some extra snacks, and free soft and alcoholic drinks)....
The bed in the room was great for resting after NYE. However the food quality from the restaurant as well as for breakfast could have been better for ***** hotel....
Compared to other top hotels in Budapest - Hilton lacks a bit of character (but it's more business after all), but otherwise it's a very decent hotel with friendly staff offering champagne at every time we used room service.

Room Tip: i recommend to pay extra for executive room...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bd3art
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to give a detailed review of your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the privacy and personalized services in our Executive Lounge. However, I was sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with the quality of meals offered, I will make sure to forward your review to our Executive Chef, who will act on your comments. Thank you for your valuable candid feedback which helps us to improve our services.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the future at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd.

Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

percfect that is what I wanted-but....no slippers hello 5 star hotel, then they took my credit card becasue i was openning often a mini bar ; they have a censor.-SO WHAT i was drinnkiong a water and they thought that what-i will run away come onn if i have for sleeping then i have for stupid mini bar. Everythnig else ok nice in center next to Danube etc.. next time in Hilton in old city..had enough for this one.

Room Tip: take a 4 floor-executive rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marijaarbanas
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that you were missing slippers in your room, please be informed that our Housekeeping would be anytime glad to provide you upon request. Regarding the minibar system let us apologize if you felt is has been not handled attentive enough. We hope that you still enjoyed your stay in Budapest and we will have the chance to welcome you again at our hotel.

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Over the Christmas holiday my family stayed in Budapest. Within the city there was nearly nothing to do or see but the hotel was well staffed and we were made welcome. I would like to return in better weather and explore the city. The hotel is very new and maintained

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank herndonchris
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind comments on your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for emphasizing the helpfulness and friendliness of our team. We would be glad to welcome you and your family again, perhaps during springtime, which is beautiful in Budapest to walk around the sights or just to sit in a nice sidewalk café enjoying the atmosphere.

HORSHAM, SUSSEX
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Clean, Modern and fantastic staff !
I stay over 60 nights a year and what I like is a warm welcome and to be made to feel welcome.
Well that's exactly what I got at the Hilton Budapest West End. Not one member of staff was demeaning just helpful and professional.
The room was modern and clean and you dealt very safe and secure in this hotel. The breakfast was fantastic and a great choice and all the local transport and shopping links are on your doorstep.
I left the hotel feeling great.

Sadly I had to go to Hilton Budapest by the castle for 2 nights and the staff were no where near as kind. I felt like if I asked for something in the lounge it would be a burden. I could go on but it would not be good. And this is a ace report. The Hilton West End were awesome and I would stay there every time.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank DARREN A
Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for your loyalty towards us, we appreciate your kind comments and recommendation. I hope you will visit soon again and we can continue to live up to your high expectations.