“Fabulous stay”

Ranked #48 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
London
“Fabulous stay”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton last week with a friend for the weekend and this hotel is wonderful. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, the breakfast was amazing with loads of choice of hot and cold foods. The only slight negative was that the hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the city centre but we walked everywhere so didn't matter. There's a massive mall attached to the hotel so make sure you have room in your suitcase!!! The main train station is right next door which is really useful if wanting to travel elsewhere. Rooms were really nice and clean and we had a bath and a walk in shower in the bathroom. Would stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nennet
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write this kind and friendly review. I am thrilled to see that you had a great experience while staying with us and honoured that you have chosen the Hilton Budapest City to be your home away from home. Thank you also for being so appreciative of the service and glad that you have found everything you would need in walking distance. We will always do everything possible to make your stays wonderful and enjoyable.

We really look forward to welcome you and your friends for many future stays.

Rainer Gieringer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed in Budapest for the first time in January and following a two and a half hour train ride, I received a very warm welcome at reception. Absolutely no faults with Hotel and service. It is next door to the train station and a Shopping Centre. The Metro is less than 5 minutes away and buses even closer. The location meant I had a choice of transport or I could just walk. Breakfast was great too with a good choice. I didn't eat in the restaurant as I wanted to try local cuisine around the city. I would definitely look at staying again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank David A
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback, is highly appreciated. I particularly pleased that you enjoyed our friendly and attentive services and good location in the doorstep to good public transport and a wide range of shopping facilities just at the doorstep of the hotel lobby.

We would be happy to welcome you again whether for business or for leisure.

Henrietta Wagner
UK
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Just returned from a three night stay, we had a lovely room on the first floor, clean and spacious and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was lovely with lots of options, poached eggs are recommended. We found the hotel easy to find and got the bus and train from the airport - tickets are extremely reasonable (about £1.50 per person) which covers the whole journey - take the bus - 200E from the airport - buy the ticket for the full journey from the ticket shop just as you come out of the arrival lounge turn left, the bus stop is outside the airport, again just turn left as you leave the airport and the stop is well marked. You have to change to the Metro but the lady at the ticket counter will helpfully show you where you need to change. The Hilton hotel is easily found on the 1st floor of the Metro Centre. We purchased tickets for the hop on hop off bus at the hotel reception and would recommend this, the option we purchased included the boat trip up the Danube. Would recommend this hotel for the service and location

Room Tip: We emailed the hotel and asked for a recently refurbished room as previously recommended and had a p...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scrappydog
Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate your detailed review about your stay giving a range of useful tips and hints to other travelers. Thank you for emphasizing our good location, next to the metro and tram station, as well as the lavish buffet breakfast served. I hope you will visit again and we can continue to live up to your high expectations.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here just before Christmas.I have stayed in a few hotels in Budapest through work but this is the first that I would use for personal trip because the price is right the service was excellent including the quirky server at breakfast. Food was very good and it's right next to a big shopping centre.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Linapp
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review on Tripdvisor. We are exceptionally pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our efforts have been appreciated. Thank you for your compliments and loyalty. I do hope that you will stay at our hotel again.

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is one of the best Hilton hotels that I have ever stayed. It has great amenities and excellent customer service. This hotel is located inside the Budapest Westend Mall. You can not beat the convenience of that!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Laura G R
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your glowing review, I am thrilled to read that your stay was impeccable. Our door is always open for a stay in the future should the opportunity arise.
We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Dublin
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The hotel is in the heart of Budapest, connected to a shopping centre, close to the underground, railway station and all public transports. The staff is very welcoming and absolutely helpful. The room is modern, clean and comfortable. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank travel232
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write a review about your recent stay, I am glad that you were pleased with your stay and my team made you feel welcome. We would be honored to welcome you once again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd.

Dundas, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Great location and helpful staff. Clean rooms, and good TV station variety. My only complaint is that the business center was not readily available, even when it was stated to be open. They had to send someone to open it especially for me, and then she hung around until I was done and then locked it up again. It was an odd experience, and then I got to pay what I though was an unusually high price to print a few pages. Nevertheless, the property overall is very good. I would recommend it to Americans looking for some familiarity while in Budapest.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Christopher A
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing your comments on Tripadvisor. We always appreciate candid feedback, which helps us to improve and reinforce the quality of our services. Based on your experience we are now taking further steps how to make our Business Centre easy to access for our guests at any hour of the day. Nevertheless, I am glad hat you were pleased with our comfortable rooms and good TV channel variety and in general had a pleasant stay.

I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again whenever your travels take you to Budapest. Be assured that we will try our best to fully regain your confidence.