“Budapest at its best”

Ranked #51 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Greer, United States
“Budapest at its best”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

WE had an exceptional experience at the Budapest City Hilton hotel. Great location and the staff was very helpful. Easy 3 minute walk to subway, train or buses. Will come back soon! The restaurant had some fabulous Hungarian food. Great for families. We had a 2 room suite that had ample room for a family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Kyle K
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing us to stay with your family, I was glad to hear that you have found your stay exceptional and flawless. is always a pleasure to learn that our efforts have been appreciated and I hope that the memory of your stay will remain fresh for years to come. I do hope you will come again.

Rainer Gieringer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The experience in my travel to Budapest was wonderful with all the marvelous in the city and when i needed an space to rest I found the Hilton it was a good option. Its very comfortable, is in a good location, the customer service in all the areas was satisfactory and I recommend to hospitality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank armandoh630
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your pleasant review regarding your recent stay at Hilton Budapest City. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our services and were pleased to read that our team could enhance your stay with their helpfulness and kindness. We would be happy to welcome you again!

Adana, Turkey
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This was a standard Hilton Nice and comfortable. Not a lot of personality. Very close to a metro and a mall. Not very close to the city center for sightseeing (a 30 min walk or metro ride) Breakfast and use of the business center both cost extra.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank JennaFletcher
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Budapest City. I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry if you felt we are not close enough to center, but hope that you could discover the area of the UNESCO heritage Andrassy Street with the Opera House and the lively Budapest Soho nearby. We kindly inform you that we always offer breakfast included rates, and would recommend you to check on our website before your next booking.

We look forward to the chance of welcoming you back and being your home away from home again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My stay at the Hilton Budapest City was excellent in many ways, the staff without exception were friendly and efficient and the amenities were extremely good. The room I occupied had an extremely comfortable king size bed and had good internet connection, the bathroom toiletries were excellent quality and included after shampoo hair conditioner and body lotion which I appreciated. I used the fitness suite on three occasions, the gym is very well equipped and is on the top floor of the hotel and has fantastic views over the city. Breakfast was very good with a range of foods to suit all tastes, a choice of juices and fresh fruit, large range of cooked items and cold products, at times they also offered other items that were not on display such as crepes and omelettes cooked to order. The bar facilities were comfortable and although I did not eat in the main restaurant, the Zita Café did very acceptable meals, although I would have liked to see a few more "healthy" options. I really liked staying at this hotel and found Budapest so fascinating that the dental treatment became incidental. I fully intend to return to Budapest and will stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Mary B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review highlighting our wide range of food selection, the design and comfort of our rooms and the helpfulness of our team. Thank you for your comments regarding the healthy options in the Café, we will look into it. Such great reviews makes us even more motivated to provide a standard that suits your high expectations.

Thank you again for sharing your gracious thoughts, and we can’t wait to greet you at our hotel again. We look forward to welcoming you once more to our hotel in the near future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Clean, comfortable, good sized rooms well appointed.

The breakfast was really good with a wide choice of pretty much anything you could imagine in a a big airy dining area. Much as you would expect from the Hilton the staff were well trained, courteous and efficient.

The Hotel backs onto a large new shopping Mall which is convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike P
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warm and insightful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed our superb location and wonderfully appointed accommodations. Your comments about our professional team are especially appreciated, also your compliments about the breakfast buffet.

We are most thankful for your recommendation, and look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 303 only for 1 night and enjoyed the hotel and amenities. Clean, modern, efficiently located next to the train station and shopping area. Thank you Alexandra Szabo, Front desk supervisor for your hospitality and warm welcome!

Garth & Natalia

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nrivilli
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Garth & Natalia,

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay recently at our hotel. We very much appreciate your praising comments about Alexanra at Front Desk, I was pleased to share with her personally. I truly hope that you will have the chance to stay at our hotel again, even for a longer time.

Best regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel as like most Hiltons is good. The location for me was not ideal as I think I would have preferred the more scenic areas of the city. But for shopping you couldn't fault it. We walked most of the city from this location. The rooms are great, the staff are so helpful and friendly and made our stay so easy. I would recommend it for a weekend stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Exploring365
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay recently at our hotel. Thank you for emphasizing the friendly attitude of my team, as well as the good shopping facilities next door at Budapest’s largest shopping mall. I hope you had also the chance to visit Andrassy Avenue with the Opera House just 10 minutes walk away from the hotel, or take a stroll on the nearby Margaret Island.

I do hope that you will consider us to stay if returning to Budapest in the future, we would be glad to be your home away from home again.

Best regards,