“Good location Great rooms”

Hilton Budapest City
Ranked #54 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
“Good location Great rooms”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Attached to a large mall and within a block of a major train station so you can get everything you need easily from this hotel. The rooms were well lighted and clean. Elevators were slow. Food in the morning breakfast was good buffet and dinner was good. Would stay here again - a great functional "Western" hotel. If you are looking for more hungarian style hotel this is not the place.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street will be quieter -- on the left side of the hall as you come from elevator...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.

I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay at Hilton Budapest City. Thank you for your comments regarding the location of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Rainer Gieringer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Overall a good experience. We had a large room with a huge WC that had both a narrow tub and a shower. Room was dark and quiet at night, the bed had a good mattress (supportive but pretty soft - perfect for me), a large chair and a flat screen TV. Had an ironing board and iron in the room and an ice machine down the hall - both seem rare in Europe. The hotel provided an excellent buffet breakfast, had informed and friendly staff and was located next door to a large mall if you needed something (including an ATM) and it was just few steps to the subway.

Not so great was the distance to the old town if you just like to walk. Housekeeping was disappointing (e.g. dirty plates sitting all day in the hall) and indifferent service in the rooms. One day, no towels were left, the next no soap and glasses. There's a teeny fridge with very limited space for personal items (ask to have the contents cleared if you want to cool your own stuff as when you remove an item their computer automatically adds its cost to your room bill.) No free wifi in the rooms (which is just chintzy) and the elevators are unbelievably slow in the mornings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, 26 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was delighted to read that overall you had a nice visit in our hotel. Thank you for your nice words regarding the room and the service what we provide to our guests.

In view of your experience about the service of or Housekeeping Team please accept my apology. Your comments will help us to further improve our services in the future.

I would be delighted if you choose our hotel again when traveling to Budapest.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was a bit disappointed with this Hilton. The furniture was a bit old and the towels where not soft but very rough. The breakfast was affordable and outstanding. The dining staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Internet was very expensive and slow

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you found all our team members to be very friendly and helpful

We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome

you back in the future to experience this for yourself.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Elegant, modern hotel with superb staff who organized tours, shows, taxis to and from and provided excellent service in the executive lounge with daily breakfast and appetizers/drinks. Even packed us a breakfast/lunch to go on our early departure. The hotel has a great work out room with sauna and is centrally located to sights and has amazing views of the Buda hills in the executive lounge.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent visit to Hilton Budapest City.

We were glad to see that you were satisfied with the service and facilities you experienced during your stay. Thank you for your nice comments regarding our Executive floor.

Should your travel bring you back to Budapest in the future, my team and I would be delighted if you choose our hotel again to be your "home away from home".

Looking forward to welcoming you back, I remain.,

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Budapest with my friend and we've had a lovely stay at Hilton Budapest City! Great location, very attentive concierge boy, efficient check in and out, helpful breakfast team. THANK YOU ALL @Hilton Budapest City

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Traveller,

I am pleased to read that you had a really nice stay, it is such a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback. Thank you for your comments on our team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Kind Regards,

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at many hilton around the globe but this was not up to the mark sorry for this review , but the srevice is below standard , also the staff lacks motivation , room service is very poor we had to call 3 times to change our bedsheets . Breakfast area is bit messy and restaurant needs some renovation to make it a real hilton standard , sorry to have such a review but trust me its for your good

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

First and foremost thank you for staying at Hilton Budapest City and also posting your experience on Tripadvisor.

I regret to read that you were not satisfied with the service and facilities you experienced during your stay.

I took all your comments as constructive feedback. "Hands on" feedback like yours helps us to fix problems and to train the people involved.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for all the inconvenience we might have caused you.

I truly hope we will have a second chance in the future to regain your confidence.

Looking forward to your response,

Best Reagrds,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband fell ill during our stay in Budapest. The hotel was kind enough to send someone from their staff with us to the doctor to serve as an interpreter at no charge. He also took us to the supermarket to help us pick out foods that would help with my husband's stomach problem. Later the reception desk called to see how my husband was doing and reminded us that room service can make any meal to his liking.
I wish to thank the staff for making a stressful situation much easier for us to handle.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RainerG, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your recent stay.

I am pleased to read about your experience in our hotel.Thank you for your nice comment about the quality and the service what we provide for our guests, it is such a pleasure to receive that positive feedback.

I do hope that your husband recovered fully from his illness.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.