We booked the hotel through hotels.com and got an excellent rate for $83/day (4 week nights) for the end of Oct 2012. The rooms at the hotel were advertised for double the cost we paid.
We were pleasantly surprised with the comfort, service and the hotel in general. They arranged a taxi to pick us up at the train station – very efficient and reasonable cost. We arrived early in the morning and we got to be in the room before 10AM. Nice buffet breakfast in the morning and they are also willing to bring the breakfast to your room at no extra cost, if you wish. We left early in the morning for the airport and when we asked, they prepared a nice breakfast to take with us (no extra cost).
They agreed to be paid with our last HUF (small change) and the rest with credit card. They were very accommodating.
They also have a spa and sauna, but we did not use it.
The suite was spacious (2 rooms) with a microven and some dishes, and we feel better than in a hotel room. However this is no luxury hotel, but is way above average.
Access to wifi is with pay and you can buy in increments of hours.
Location could not be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Starlight Suites Hotel Merleg Budapest! Experience four star luxury in the centre of Budapest. Our hotel is located in the city centre in close vicinity to the Chain Bridge and Szechenyi Square. Famous sights, such as the St. Stephens Basilica, the Hungarian State Opera, and the House of Parliament are within 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel. The easy to reach public transport system will get you to your destination effortlessly, no matter if you are attending a business meeting or are exploring the famous sights the city has to offer. Our spacious 54 suites and apartments offer 4-star comfort and a complete set of business facilities. Take advantage of the hotel's amenities, relax at the hotel bar after a long day or exercise in the gym, which comes complete with a sauna and steam room. If you are travelling by car, take advantage of our parking and valet services. The front desk is staffed around the clock and our friendly team is always ready to assist you. To make your stay as pleasant as possible we offer full concierge services, such as tickets for the public transport system, restaurant reservations, etc. We will be happy to help our guests anytime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Starlight Suiten Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Suiten Budapest
- Hotel Starlight Suiten
- Starlight Suiten Hotel Budapest