“A good hotel!”

Danubius Hotel Arena
Ranked #115 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 28 May 2014

During a business trip in Hungary this April, I spend one night at this hotel.
The staff was friendly and helpful, the room clean, the bed comfortable and the breakfast good.
A good value for the money. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gyuri_juli
AndrasBalogh, Front Office Manager at Danubius Hotel Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for sharing your opinion about the Danubius Hotel Arena, especially the service and good location. We are very happy that you also enjoyed our comfortable guest room, restaurant, and the famous Premier Fitness Center as well.
Looking forward to hear from you soon and welcoming back to Danubius Hotel Arena, we remain

There are newer reviews for Danubius Hotel Arena

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Although does not look like a quality one from outside, this hotel is real value. Especially if you are attending an event at the Laszlo Pap arena. It's only few meters from it. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. The staff is very helpful and the pool is just OK! It is a little bit far from from the main tourist attractions, but the metro station is very close. So, in general it gives you real value for your money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
AndrasBalogh, Front Office Manager at Danubius Hotel Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

In terms of price, location and facility, this 4 star hotel is really good. It's right next to the M2 metro station and very close to the main station and the Arena Plaza mall. I was unlucky enough to stay here during the EPSA CONGRESS. The pharma students were noisy every day and one night they decided to throw a crazy drinking and shouting party in the room, and I was on the same floor. The hotel staff dealt with them several times before the awful party finally ended. The hotel was nice enough to send me some wine as an apology. But it was not their fault.
And this hotel doesn't offer free wifi in the room, and wifi in the room is simply overpriced. The only way to get free wifi is the lobby and breakfast room, which is truly inconvenient for travelers. This has to be improved.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevinChen9
AndrasBalogh, Front Office Manager at Danubius Hotel Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for taking time to share your opinion about the Danubius Hotel Arena, especially the service and good location.
We are very happy that you enjoyed our comfortable guest room, restaurant, and the famous Premier Fitness Center as well.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

i have stayed here for 2 nights and it was a very good expierence. the room that I had was very large for a person on his own, you have a mini bar, flatscreen tv and a save. People at the reception are very friendly. I have could call to my family free of charge with their phone because mine was broken. Excellent position, next to the metro. Just an overal great stay. WIll come back. Can't say anything negative about this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
AndrasBalogh, Front Office Manager at Danubius Hotel Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken time to share your comments about the Danubius Hotel Arena.
We do appreciate your nice words about the room facilities, services and the hotel staff.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was staying in the Arena Hotel, I have to tell that was a very pleasant surprise for me and my family.The hotel inside very different what you can see when you approach to the building.
Very helpful and courteous staff, comfortable room and excellent gym for recreation. A little far from the city center but the subway is a jump from the entrance.
It is recommendable for everyone!

Room Tip: rooms to be need on the 7th floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Otto V

Dear Guest,

We are aware of the problem with our internet access so made steps to improve this kind of service at our hotel. We do hope this matter will be solved within some month.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was most concern before I went to stay with this hotel.
friend who told me to watch out, did shake my confidence in my booking. but I went with it.

upon arrival, I was offered 219 room;
though it is a great room because I am sure not everyone would have it. 2nd floor has a balcony (nothing to look out but it is good to have some fresh air sometimes)

the bath room has a marble top; the shower is powerful; the towels fluffy; the tiles grouting by the bath tub is white and cleaned.

breakfast in the oregano restaurant is buffet style and most sumptuous supply of food, it includes pasta and all kinds of green salad on top of the usual full hot American style morning meal.

the furniture does not look tired; the wardrobe cloth hangers are proper; not wire stuff you find in certain hotels.

the safe is provided for your security.
coffee shop in the lobby offers sales of proper coffee and tea or cakes.
the swimming pool is adequate though I only seen it from afar.
the gym is a proper one with extensive equipment with trainer standing by (which I am sure the place also accepting local members)

my comment on the slight flaw :
1/ pillow too low (but the hotel could provide extra if needed)
2/ no Wi-Fi in the room for personal laptop. the tv Wi-Fi is not convenient for doing my office work report.
3/ tea and coffee is complimentary, but it will be great to have some milk or milk powder.(which is quite normal when a hotel supply such facilities in the room)
4/ free wifi in the lobby is snail pace, so don't bother.
5/ no room slippers (though the carpet is hovered daily, I am still wearing my shoes or keep my socks on, to move about.

I have not tried the restaurant for evening meal, but I can highly recommend the Fran Josef restaurant in the city. a nice PUB looking restaurant; with wall hanging of the Austrian-Hungarian empire royal families; the menu is quintessentially Hungarian with games; and eel; price is average UK standard; with a garlic soup served in a baked bread with lid; the pork with tasty sauce accompanied with Hungarian pickles; the grilled smoked bacon that goes with it was excellent; the green mixed salad and a coffee; around 4400 polish florin.

this second trip to Budapest at the arena hotel and a meal in town has changed my impression. I can highly recommend the property and the food outlet without hesitation.

wong sh - uk travelling for business 9th april 2014

Room Tip: 2nd floor and 4th floor have balconies.
Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
AndrasBalogh, Front Office Manager at Danubius Hotel Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Mr.Wong,

First of all, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your positive comment about the Danubius Hotel Arena and especially the service you were able to experience .
We are happy that you were satisfied with the accomodation and our facilities and the famous Premier Fitness as well
We have revisited our standards and from now some milk powder are put in the coffee & tea set-up.
The very good news for our guests that our Internet network will be completely renovated, so we are sure that the system works much more reliable and faster in the near future.
Regarding the slippers, we put them in to the room on request only, but we will pay more attention for this matter.

We thank you once more for your very kind comments and we hope that we will be able to welcome you again soon at our hotel.

Best regards

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Spent a weekend at the IFAF convention, the room was OK, the food was very good though breakfast could have been better (no bacon), the bar closed at 11pm, staff were very pleasant and meeting rooms were excellent. I think it was more of a 3 star than a 4 star.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter T
AndrasBalogh, Front Office Manager at Danubius Hotel Arena, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your opinion about your stay at the Danubius Hotel Arena.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our comfortable hotel and we would be very pleased to welcome you again in the future.

Best regards