Arrived at Charles Hotel from Vienna. First mistake was getting a taxi to the hotel, which cost £40. The Charles is easy to reach by bus and is well connected with two nearby bus stops. The decor was a bit dated but the bed was huge and very comfortable. As guests you get a voucher for the restaurant and the food is good. Staff are very friendly and attentive and go out of their way to help. We bought travel cards from the reception and later decided we didn't need them; we weren't hopeful of getting a refund but reception duly obliged. Also free wifi! Best value in Budapest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Charles is situated on Gellert hill, on the Buda side of the river, with excellent public transportation to the close city centre. The Citadel and the Royal Castle is within walking distance. All our Deluxe category studios are airconditioned, while some of our newly furnished Standard category studios are available with airconditioning as well for a surcharge. All of our studios are equipped with a kitchenette. Free WIFI access is available in the whole building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Charles And Apartment
- Hotel Charles Apartment
- Charles Apartment Budapest