“Perfect except for the breakfast”

Millennium Court, Budapest - Marriott Executive Apartments
Ranked #63 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was to be our base on the last leg of a European trip and I found this hotel after seeking one that had larger rooms than usual. In the event, our one-bedroom apartment was lavishly proportioned, except for the bathroom which was a bit like a 7-foot man wearing size 5 (UK) shoes. But we could live with that because the living room and the bedroom were reasonably well appointed and extremely comfortable. The staff at these apartments are very friendly. I needed an adaptor in order to use my laptop and while they couldn't find what I needed, the effort the receptionist, her assistant and the maintenance man made was exceptional. The only discordant note was the breakfast, which was pathetic, had an unchanged menu over three days and was so basic that it beggared belief. The property is very well located, a few steps away from the walking (shopping) street on one side, and the river on the other.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert G, General Manager at Millennium Court, Budapest - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us following your stay.
I am sorry to hear your breakfast experience did not meet your expectations.
We welcome the chance to serve you again, and I apologize in those areas, we fell short.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We flew into Budapest and stayed three days, then visited other Central European areas and came back to Budapest for the final two days before flying back to the US. We booked the Millennium Court at the beginning and loved it so much we booked it again when we came back to Budapest. It has a great location and the price was very reasonable. We were able to cook some of our meals in the nice kitchenette. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank EARL M

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us and it was our great pleasure to take care of you.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My boyfriend and I (late 20s) visited Budapest in January 2013 for a long weekend. I found Marriott Millennium Court on Trip Advisor - and booked it for 3 nights.

It was exactly what we needed for the trip - a base that was fairly central for us to explore from. Many of the sights are within walking distance of the hotel, but it is also close to a tube station.

While I wouldn't rate the breakfast particularly highly (it wasn't included and we paid excessively for it one day) as a room it was fully functional and well furnished - with a kitchenette and en suite bathroom.

Perfect if you're not coming on holiday to spend all day in the hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for choosing the Millennium Court.
I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.
Looking forward to your return and to be of assistance if your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The hotel is located in a very central location, near the market and the river. The only problem I found was parking, eventhought they offer parking, the price is a little bit too much for one night parking, but is better than have your car towed for wrong parking. If you are driving, the GPS will take you right to the front of the hotel but you have to look at the wall of the building to see the sign, just food for thoughts because the service and the hotel are excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms at the higher floors will get you a great view to the river and the monument across the river.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the site following your stay.
We are very fortunate to have such wonderful team and we have shared your kind words with all of our employees. They will be delighted to learn, they truly made such an impact on your stay.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

This Marriott Hotel is a must stay place for tourists with excellent amenities, great value and comfy stay. You can't think of a better location in Budapest, as you end up straight downtown as you leave your hotel. The breakfast was good, apartments are spacious, clean and fresh with a very friendly staff. I will come back here!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Orsolya H, Manager at Millennium Court, Budapest - Marriott Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Emil,

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about us on TripAdvisor.
Well, hopefully you'll be coming to Budapest, Hungary again soon because we'd love to have you come stay with us again! We appreciate your feedback very much.

Best regards,
Orsolya Horvath
Market eCommerce

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Although it wasn't our best experience in Budapest, we certainly enjoyed this apart-hotel.

Location, very comfortable bedding, spacious two-bedroom apartment.
Internal view on the court was not exciting despite asking at reception to have a high rise room with view the young man insisted no room has a view (which doesn't make any sense after reading reviews here!)

The kitchenette though small has all you need. I cooked full Italian meals in it!

Had some mishap with the heating and though I called asking for someone to come take a look they said someone would come but no one did. Called again the following day and the heating started working again.

Inconsistent housekeeping: after the first day they never left soap and shampoos again until I found the lady and asked her to do so then they left plenty.

The only 2 major complaints I have is the very bad sofa - old, sunk and uncomfortable and the steep price of wifi.

I suggest you go for breakfast at McDonalds around the corner and enjoy free wifi there.

I would go back if I found a decent deal.

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank gmv80
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I am not so over-meticulous, when it comes to a mattress, but I slept terribly and woke up because of neck and back pain. The Mattress is too old, too soft, it is not a Marriott standard.

It was a non-smoking room, but it smelled like a smoking room. Could not open the window, and it stank of cleaning detergent.

The coffee served in the breakfast room is the worst coffee I have ever had.
The view is fantastic.