“don't be put off by neg reviews”

Millennium Court, Budapest - Marriott Executive Apartments
Ranked #75 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Yes outside the hotel is a construction site but that is hardly the responsibiltiy of the hotel.

I stayed here with my elderly aunt and it was excellent. We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was enormous and extremely comfortable. We did not hear any of the construction noise and it presented no problem. All the staff at the reception were both friendly, helpful and spoke English - the night staff were also friendly. We had a number of minor queries and they responded both efficiently and quickly

We found a number of quirky things with the rooms - we had difficulty in finding the right light switches so ended out leaving lights on, one of the bedrooms had a video player instead of a dvd and some of the cupboards had wobbly doors. One other problem I found was an inconsistant number of dishes and crockery but these things were so trivial they didn't matter and just added to the charm of staying in Budapest

The house keeping service was daily and thorough; she also loaded the dishwasher !! As my aunt needed to rest during the day the situation of the hotel was perfect with most tourist attractions very easy to access and the apartment was near enough to return to and comfortable to spend time in

The fitness room was an added bonus as it was open 24 hours with a good range of cardiac and aerobic equiptment. It also has a sauna and splash pool but I didn't try them.

We didn't bother trying breakfast as it appeared to be expensive at 12 euros and there is a bakery opposite the enterance.

The only down-side was the cost of the internet (8 euros per hour !!) however i purchased a mobile broadband usb stick for less than two hours worth.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Mitain

Reviewed 17 February 2011

This is the first time we have stayed in an apartment on a city break and I can highly recommend the Marriott. As previously stated the rooms are huge and you cannot fault the price. We managed to get stay 3 pay 2 deal, excellent value for money. The reception staff were wonderful, they arranged an early check in, a room with a view and a late check out and were always very helpful. We didn't eat breakfast here but went to one of the several cafes in the area. Right on your doorstep there are plenty of restaurants, shops and a few bars.

Our room was serviced everyday, something we were not expecting, so a pleasant suprise, we did have one complaint, the room was so hot and the aircon very ineffective, even in February! Do not expect luxury at these apartments but nicely decorated, plenty of space and completely adequate for our needs.

We would definately stay here again if we returned to Budapest.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank balimoon
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Although the generous size of rooms has not changed and is a trademark of the hotel, many things have contributed to the demise of this once 5-star establishment: the breakfast offered is one of the poorest excuses in any European hotel I have ever experienced, and certainly not "continental" anymore, at least as an American tourist would understand. - Back in 2004 (my last stay here) the breakfast was limited but of a high quality. What is offered now is not worth the cost of having breakfast here. - The staff at one point, were all fluent in english, which is a trademark at Marriott properties: the night staff barely understands English, let alone speak it and the executive change (which is not reflected even in the room literature) that the former snack area, where one could get drinks/snacks at self-service machines (there is no room service here, in lieu of the generous kitchens found in each room) has now been moved completely to the lobby, where one must go all the way to the front entrance and try to decipher what is available behind dark glass front refrigerators, while being watched by everyone else that needs help at the small entrance area. ---- The construction is a bit of a pain, but is not audible in most of the building. ---- Repairs have clearly not been made to broken tiles, and other furniture damage in the room; and it is obvious that the chain puts its money into the more popular (and more posh) hotel right on the Danube (which is a 5 min. walk from this hotel). Positives are the proximity to the central Vacy utca (street) which leads to many tourist areas, however, room size aside - this is NOT a hotel for anyone who likes a touch of luxury and class on their stay. If you stay in your room, perhaps; but no where else in the service offered here.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank NHFoodieSouthernNH
Reviewed 10 January 2011

We stayed at the hotel for a week, it was extremely warm but our aircon kept the room nice and cool. The only bad thing was our room smelled a bit of smoke even though we had ordered a non-smoking room, but we survived the minor nuisance and I am sure if we had asked for another room, we would have gotten it.

All in all a great hotel for the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Morten_Hostrup
Reviewed 3 January 2011

The previous reviewer correctly points out that construction is not the hotel's fault. Actually our driver dropped us off right at the door. Just tell the driver to come up the street from the river side. Very easy.

First the one bedrooms are huge.After a 6 night stay at the Boscolo which was fantastic but we had clothes to wash (I love luxury hotels but I hate paying the laundry charges) and the Marriot conveniently has washers and dryers on each floor. We had popped in earlier in the week to ask for an early check-in and had our first extremely pleasant interaction with the staff. When we returned a week later every thing was ready. Every request was happily granted and we really felt that whole front desk team were very engaged. The small gym has bikes and stairmasters as well as equipment for every muscle group and is open 24 hours. The small sauna is super hot but doesn't come on until late afternoon. Housekeeping was daily although some reviewers say it is every two days. We enjoyed the many TV channels and having New Years in our own apartment. There are many supermarkets nearby.The Vaci utica is 10 seconds away and you are close to Onyx, Budapest's best restaurant as well as the best pastry shop around, go out the door, turn left, turn right on the Vaci Utica, don't cross the street, stay on the same side turn left and walk 3 minutes-you will find Gebuffe, it is a big pastry shop. It opens at 7, we went every day Breakfast of long expressos and cake and pastries, $4 for 2. The ladies are charming,

Go across the Ferenc Krt., in the area between, the Central Market and the Applied Arts Museum there are many small cafes, the beautiful Serbian Church and of course St. Micheal's for short evening concerts.. Done the street from the Serbian church is a wonderful and reasonable Asian restaurant called PAPIRTIGRIS or Paper Tiger. They also do delivery. I can recommend buttery squid in panko, spicy pork with bamboo shoots, the ribs, succulent deep-fried chicken and the noodles were excellent .and Hungarian wine was perfectly matched. It's on V.keruulet Veres Paine u 22. Also 2 minutes nearby on the Muzeum Krt. there are lots of antique print and book shops. I was dragged out of one shop after I fell in love with an engraving of Constantinople-I was told the cottage needed a new kitchen floor before the print. Anyway it is a great place to pass the afternoon and dream.

So Marriot, great location, great staff, great little gym and great price we paid 80 euros and 90 euros over the New Year period.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PeterRipley
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I was sent to Budapest by my company for two weeks and they booked for me this hotel. The arrival was quite difficult, because of the construction taking place in front of the hotel, since the taxi could not come too near and I had to carry my quite heavy suitcases in the mud but it is not the fault of the hotel. Anyway it improved much during my stay as the workers proceeded with the paving of the pathway outside. The room was very spacious, it is actually quite comfortable for longer stays, equipped kitchen, bathtub, a washing mashine with dryer for free on each floor, a fitness centre with sauna and a cold pool. Internet was included in my room rate but unfortunately the super secret settings of my business computer did not allow me to acces it. The breakfast was nice, the breakfast room open for long time, good for early birds as well as for lazies, just in my opinion it was a bit boring, it is OK if it is included in the room rate, but if you need to pay for it extra, it is not worth, extremely expensive, for the same price you can get even a rich lunch. The service cleaned my room every two days, plenty of towels everywhere, just I could not sleep very well there, I don´t know the reason, even if the beds were large and comfortable. Maybe the AC.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2010

After check in we discovered that the hotel had no hot water. We were told that it would be fixed 'in an hour' which didn't happen. During the next 48 hours the staff continued to tell us it would be fixed "any minute" but it never was. After 2 days of ice cold showers and poor service we insisted that something be done. Only when we let the staff know that we would be contacting corporate Marriott did they decide to move us to the main Marriott 2 blocks away. Additionally, construction was being performed outside which provided jackhammer noises from about 8 AM each morning until well into the evening. While the construction is likely temporary, I am concerned that the level of service and honesty of the desk staff is unlikely to improve. Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple