“Nice hotel, rooms outdated...”

Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest
Ranked #104 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Israel
“Nice hotel, rooms outdated...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel is a nice old fashion hotel, which looks great in the common areas (lobby etc.) but the room is a bit dated.
the thing about the room that i found really disappointing was the bathroom that had knobs which i've last seen at least 20 years ago...

a little spruce would go a long way for this hotel.

other than this hotel and staff was very nice, intresting location and good breakfast.

Room Tip: no view so don't bother with the floor...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
PeaceBudapest, Sales and Marketing Department at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel and taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I was glad to read that you had been pleased with our staff and the breakfast service and you could take advantage of the central location of our hotel. Your remarks regarding the guest rooms are also appreciated. Please note that we just made some soft renovations on some of our floors and we are also planning other refurbishments as well to provide our guests the best services.

I hope that despite of your mixed experience we will have the opportunity to welcoming you again at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.

Sales and Marketing Department

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

After staying in two hotels that were super loud, the Radisson was a welcome oasis! The location can't be beat - just a few minutes' walk to a central train station made getting to and from the hotel a breeze. Budapest is overall a very walkable city, so there was plenty to do right in the vicinity of the hotel without having to take the train, but having it that accessible was great.

The rooms were nice, well appointed, clean, and quiet. The staff was polite - though not overly friendly - and the property had some nice amenities (fitness area, gift shop in the lobby).

I'd definitely recommend this hotel for a great, centrally located property that meets most travelers' needs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost let me thank you for your kind feedback about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your citybreak and I also would like to thank you for your compliments regarding the guest rooms and the great location of our hotel.

Your praising words are highly appreciated and I truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back to Budapest as well as to our hotel in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend in December – Lovely hotel, spotlessy clean , in the centre of Pest but not noisy. Great location, very near bus, tram and train stations but within walking distance of the Christmas Fair and main streets/areas of Pest.
Our room was on the 6th floor, to the back of the building, very peaceful and quiet. A good size double room and bathroom - very clean, warm and well maintained – good choice for breakfast too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I am truly happy to read that our hotel and our services met or even exceeded your expectations and you had a nice stay in Budapest during Christmas time. I am especially pleased to see that we could provide you a quiet room. Your valuable feedback regarding our location and our breakfast service is also highly appreciated.

Let me thank you for staying with us. I hope to meet you again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The service was really good. They were always there helping you out and welcoming all the time. The man by the fitness area was really friendly, so as the staff in the breakfast. Even saying hello while having your head down! Means they really care. This is great!

The beds were a bit too hard for my opinion and pillows too soft. Here is Park Plaza better. And hopefully all the rooms will soon be renovated. My friends had a old room that smelled like cigarettes. And it was a bit strange that housekeeping didnt give more soaps but it wasnt really empty either.

Room Tip: We had the one to the back, guess its good and more quiet. The 6th floor. You should ask for a renov...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
PeaceBudapest, Sales and Marketing Department at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost let me thank you for your kind feedback left on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your citybreak and you felt pampered and cared for during your stay. It’s really great that you could experience the famous Hungarian hospitality in our hotel.

Thank you for your kind suggestions regarding the guestrooms. I will definitely forward it to our Management for consideration. Please be assured that we are continuously doing improvements to provide our guests the highest standards of service.

Thank you for staying with us. I trust we may have the pleasure again to welcome you at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.

Paris, Ile-de-France, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Radisson has done here what it does best all around Old Europe: take an ageing grand hotel of early 20-th century splendour, refurbish it into a modern 4-star venue for both business and holidays.

It's typical Radisson class. Best for business travelers really. Right off the main train station; centrally located; conference rooms, business center, large reception, fitness center (there are only two exercise bikes, but there is a swimming pool + sauna), attentive staff with a good command of English & German.

One gripe: the wireless connection in my room was almost not usable. Very weak signal, going off every 10 minutes or so. Moving around the room did not solve the issue, not even standing outside the door in the hallway. Huge disappointment, since I was on business trip. It was too late to complain, the resident geek was away. I had to go down to the lobby to get decent wifi. I was in room 214, and it's at the far end of an unending hallway - and gholly, next to my room was that noisy ice-cube machine, audible from inside the room.

The other gripe isn't too serious, could actually mean the Radisson is doing well. In my first two days there was that huge group of German retirees; as the last Teuton was leaving - sigh of relief - a crowd of French retirees was pouring in. OK, 4-star off-season mass-tourism is made possible by the generous West European pension funds. That created huge lines at breakfast, elevators, etc. But this is the downside of success, is it not? I did not expect an empty hotel did I. Heck, do I now need 5-star to feel exclusive and individually pampered?

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the far end of the hallways, they're very long, or insist on a working wifi and n...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank YvesChampollion
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel and for taking your time to leave a positive comment on Tripadvisor.

I am truly happy that you liked the atmosphere and the location of our 101 years old building and that you could enjoy our various services. I am also delighted to see that you were satisfied with the attitude of our staff.

On the other hand, I do really sorry that you experienced some problems with the WIFI connection. Please note that at the moment the system is under development in order to offer you a faster wireless connection even in your room.

Again, thank you very much for staying at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel. I do hope to have the opportunity to hosting you again in the future; please do not hesitate to contact us if we can do anything for you.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is quite old and needs an urgent overhaul. Nevertheless staff is friendly and tries to be helpful. But having a insect infestation (ants) in an European city hotel...this is a first in a 4 star hotel. OK the hotel tried to fix it, but using a bug killer spray and leave all the dead ants in the room is not the right approach. Swapping the room maybe... Sorry never again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mart071
PeaceBudapest, Sales and Marketing Department at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review about your stay at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.

I regretted to learn from your comment that you had some negative experience with ants in your room. We are really sorry for this inconvenience. As you also mentioned our staff tried to solve the problem as soon as possible, but unfortunately we could not provide you another room that night as our hotel was fully booked.

I do apologize in the name of the Housekeeping Department, please be assured that I will forward your comment to the Head of the department.

Please note that we take all guest remarks very seriously and are doing every effort we can to improve our hotel and services. We do very much hope you will find the time and opportunity to return to our hotel and that we can regain your confidence.

Sales and Marketing Department

Travellers are raving about these Budapest hotels

York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I agree with some others who have said the hotel appears understaffed. The staff who we have spoken to have always done their best to help but at times they have been overwhelmed. E.g one person on desk at peak arrivals time.
The sofa was tired, towels thin and fraying and carpets in need of replacement. Thankfully though bedding was clean and acceptable. Decoration was clean and fresh and bathroom clean but cold water pressure in sink was very low.
Air conditioning turned off for first part of stay but remained suboptimal even once 'working' on full power. The glazing at the front of the hotel fails to block the sound of traffic from the busy road the hotel is located on. It is however very conveniently located to access the railway station.
I mixed review, as a points reward stay just acceptable, but had I been paying rack rate I would have been sorely disappointed for a four star hotel. Good free wifi is very welcome though.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple