“Stayed 2 nights”

Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest
Ranked #102 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
“Stayed 2 nights”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Decent hotel. Friendly and professional staff. Spa was closed during 12-16 or something like that, which was weird. No bathroom in lobby. Pool was really small and after a quick look over got uninterested in using it. Small spa area. My room key didn't work 2 times and had to get my card replaced. Which meant going 5 floors down back to reception. Breakfast was 5000 ft.. Which felt overpriced and didn't look so enticing. But it wasn't bad, just not a great hotel. Room was nice, we'll cleaned and comfy.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
PeaceBudapest, Sales and Marketing Department at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your feedback you have recently posted on Tripadvisor website.

I am really happy to read that you found the comfort of your room and you were satisfied with the cleanliness of it. It’s also nice to hear that our colleagues could amaze you with their professional attitude.

On the other hand, it makes me really sad that you could not use the swimming pool. Next time if you would experience the same issue, please contact my colleagues at the Front Office and they will be more than happy to help you to be able to enjoy our wellness facilities. I am also really sorry for the problem you had with your key card. Please accept my sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Once again, thank you for your precious time taken to share your review with us. It’s always a big help for us how to develop our services. I really hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel one day.

Sales and Marketing Department

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a tour group in August, 2014. The hotel itself and the service was very satisfactory, as was the breakfast served in the restaurant. The main negative would be that it is not as convenient as we would have liked, in that it is a 20-30 minute walk to the Danube and surrounding attractions. There is a tram that runs right in from of the hotel, however, and a metro stop is a few blocks away. The area right around the hotel is mostly lower end retail, so very few of the city's attractions are nearby.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked a side street and there was very little traffic noise--we were on the 7th floor...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David T
Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost let me thank you for your kind feedback about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your citybreak and I also would like to thank you for your compliments regarding the breakfast services and our staff. I am happy that you could experience how much we care about our guests.

On the other hand, I am sad to read that you were not satisfied with the location of our hotel. You are right that some of the attractions are not so close to the hotel, but the famous Andrássy street is only around 300 mtrs from us. The public transport is also easily accessible on foot from our hotel which can take you in some minutes to the sights of Budapest.

Thank you very much for staying with. The entire staff of Radisson Blu Béke Hotel is pleased to be at your disposal when staying with us next time.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Location is awesome - near Nyugati subway station and Westend shopping mall.
Hotel itself is really out-of-date in a urgent need of modernization.
Service could have been a bit better if thinking it is a Radisson property.
Housekeeping was the weakest link at this hotel.
Cleaners did not appreciate the privacy sign on the door at all and tried to enter the room few times.
They also "forgot" to give fresh towels, add some more shower gel and restock the instant coffee sachets. Had to complain about it few times and got immediate restock.
The room was also a bit dirty, so the cleaners should have done a bit better work!
Front desk staff were really friendly, but couldn't do anything else than to apologise.
As a Radisson gold member did not get any special treatment (no welcome gifts) or upgrade.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
PeaceBudapest, Sales and Marketing Department at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel.

We are glad to read how much you enjoyed our great location and could discover our capital easily.

On the other hand, we are sorry to learn about your cons. We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. I have of course forwarded your comments to the relevant management for their attention.

We sincerely apologize for any inattentiveness you may have encountered during your stay. I have consulted with the Head of Housekeeping department about your remark and we are going to train our team to be able to guarantee even more impeccable service.

Thank you again for your review and for your precious time taken to let us know how we can further improve our services. We really hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel and we can show you how much we care about our guests.

Sales and Marketing Department

Travellers are raving about these Budapest hotels

Lima, Peru
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a decent hotel overall though a bit dated. But management & customer service leave much to be desired. I booked a standard room but was "upgraded" to a business class room as a Club Carlson Gold member. At check-in I was told the location & hours for breakfast. In the room, there is a booklet with hotel information which states business class rooms include free breakfast buffet. I have been upgraded to business class at other Radisson Blu properties and always received a free breakfast. So based on all of that, it seems quite reasonable to think I would be receiving free breakfast. So I go the restaurant in the morning, tell them my room number, start eating, then several minutes later they come to tell me breakfast is not included. Reception refused to remove the charges and stated I only booked a standard room so no free breakfast. If I'm given a business class room, I expect all the normal benefits, like at other Radisson properties. If this hotel is not going provide the normal benefits, this information needs to be clearly be communicated at check-in. The hotel can't expect the guests to know all the hotel rules, especially if the hotel is not consistent with other radisson properties. I certainly would not have paid $23 for a mediocre breakfast, half of which didn't take more than 1 bite of.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike P
Dear Valued Guest,

Let me thank for staying with us at Radisson Blu Béke Hotel and for your valuable time taken to share your comment with the travelling community.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. Unfortunately our hotel was fully booked on the day of your arrival and we could provide you a Business Class room instead of the Standard room which you originally booked. As a compensation we offered you a more spacious room with more amenities and with view to the Grand Boulevard, but the breakfast was not included as your original reservation was without breakfast.

Please be assured that I will forward your case to the Management for further discussion to avoid similar situations in the future. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

I hope that despite of your mixed experience we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was using points, so I can't really complain. In that respect, this was excellent value, of course. The room was fine. A bit worn and old, and the streetcar out front wasn't exactly quiet, but I live in a city so I got used to that pretty quickly. The location is good, a quick walk to the sights, and a shorter walk to the metro, the streetcar stop, and a small supermarket. My one complain is the buffet breakfast is crazy-expensive. I can't eat enough breakfast to make it remotely worthwhile, so I went out and found a Costa Coffee just down the block instead.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
PeaceBudapest, Sales and Marketing Department at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all let me thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

Thank you for being loyal to the Radisson Blu brand and choosing Radisson Blu Béke Hotel while staying in Budapest. I am really happy that you were satisfied with your hotel choice and overall you had a pleasant stay with us. It’s good to hear that the location of our hotel is just perfect if you would like to discover our amazing capital.

On the other hand, I am sorry to learn from your comment that you did not taste our Super Buffet Breakfast in the mornings. Next time please start the day at our Zsolnay Café on the ground floor and enjoy a great coffee and fresh croissant in the morning in a harmonic atmosphere.

Thank you for staying with us. It would be our greatest pleasure to welcoming you back in the future.

London
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel is in a perfect location to walk around Buda and Pest. I was given a perfect rear facing quiet room (i don't need a view of the main street) that was large and comfortable.
Ask the concierge for the walkabout map which gives routes that cover most of the "must see" sights together with time and difficulty. After a days walk talk the metro the Széchenyi thermal baths.
Easiest airport access is by Taxi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
PeaceBudapest, Sales and Marketing Department at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for a positive note about our hotel.

I am really happy that we could provide you a quiet room which was really up to your expectations, good size and all the comfort what a traveler needs. It’s great to hear that you could discover our capital easily from our hotel and our concierge could give you some good advices for sightseeing.

It was our pleasure to serve you and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

It is very nice hotel with interesting history. I was impressed by hospitality of staff.
I little bit confused by closed restaurant but cafe Zsolnay is not worse.
Whole hotel is decorated by stained Glass.
The hotel is located near main railway station (very spectacular), embankment ans Vaci str. (main market street).

Room Tip: The price of garage is around $30 You MUST try cakes in Zsolnay cafe
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaratAkh
PeaceBudapest, Sales and Marketing Department at Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying and sharing your feedback with us.

I am pleased to hear that you were impressed by the interior of our more than 100 years old hotel building. It really has its special charm and history. Your beaming comment on our staff is also highly appreciated. I will definitely forward your kind words to my colleagues at our Zsolnay Café.

I really hope that we may have the pleasure again to welcoming you back to our hotel.