“Beautiful hotel, great location!”

Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest
Ranked #62 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My husband was in Budapest for work for 2 weeks. The kids (age 5 and 7) and I joined him and stayed at Ma Maison Izabella. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean, amenities included access to a washing machine and dry so we were able to do laundry.

We also loved the location, right near Andrassy ut. We were able to walk or conveniently take the metro everywhere.

We would definitely recommend this hotel to our family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We recently traveled to Budapest and were looking for a hotel with a separate bedroom since we have a 2 yr old. This is the place! The rooms are HUGE- so much space with separate bedroom(s) and full kitchen. You can also do laundry for free there which is a bonus if you are travelling for a long time as we were. Finally we could walk virtually everywhere from this location and the metro is located just minutes away. Free WIFI, nice outdoor area to enjoy breakfast, and extremely helpful employees make this a great place. Try the Eco Cafe right by the hotel on Andrassy- great coffee! The only negative is that the AC vents are located in the bedroom so I could see the family room getting warm on a hot day- though the bedroom was always cool.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TravellingCuban
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

Dear Valued Guest "TravellingCuban",

Thank you for your gracious feedback. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

We pride ourselves on the service and facilities we provide our guests. I am happy that the Eco Cafe was familiar to your taste.

The only way we can do that is to listen to our valued guests' feedback so we can then try our hardest to improve a particular detail of the facilities and service we deliver, so thank you for your comment relating to your unpleasent experience with the Air-Conditioning system in your suite.

I do hope to meet you and your family on your next stay with us in the near future.

Best regards,
Beatrix Marlyin- Residence Manager

Reviewed 23 June 2011

Apologies for the delayed review!
We had a very nice and cosy stay at Mamaison. It is very close to Andrassy Ave which is the main thoroughfare...walking distance to the House of Terror, Opera House, Hosok ter (Heroes Square).. Taxi driver (booked by Mamaison) was also very courteous and carried our luggage into the Mamaison lobby as I was carrying my son after a late flight into Budapest.
Budapest is lovely and the stay at Mamaison made it all the more special.

Would recommend Mamaison to anybody. Also, would recommend Szechenyi Baths followed by a sumptous dinner at Gundel restaurant close by.. The goose live with pears accompanied by wine and Live music was fantastic and so affordable for a restaurant of such repute and class!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank navnov

Dear Valued Guest "navnov",

I am grateful for your fantastic comments and feedback following your recent stay with us.

It is always good to hear that our guests liked Budapest and were amazed by its fantastic program facilities which are just few steps away from the House thanks for its excellent location.

I hope the Hungarian cuisine will allure back you and your kind family in the near future to Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I look forward to welcoming you soon.

Warmest regards,
Beatrix Marlyin - Residence Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2011

Went with my girlfriend for a week in may 2011. Nice clean and comfortable suite. Nice kitchen with everything you need to cook. Very helpful and friendly staff. Prices are good compared to the hotel quality. Very close to Budapest main attractions. I highly recommend it to anyone planning to visit Budapest.

• Stayed: May 2011

Dear Valued Guest "Coolguyy",

Thank you so much for choosing Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest for your stay with your girlfriend! We do hope that we could make it special and memorable for both of you.
We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Beatrix Marlyin - Residence Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2011

Great place to stay in Budapest. A bit slow on check in as many guests arrived at the same time, hotel staff dealt with courteously and efficiently. Once in we were delighted with the room, clean and modern with a comfortable bed and importantly quiet. The Hotel is in a great location within easy walking distance of "Petite Champs Elysee" and most of the sights of this wonderful city. We have been touring Europe for several weeks and this has been one of the highlights so far.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Dear Valued Guest "mickimboo",

Thank you for your very kind feedback and for summing up the feel of what the hotel granted for you. I have passed on your kind words to our great team. We really apologize for being waited upon Check-In, we hope your positive experiences could get over it. I look forward to welcoming you and your friend back to the city and to the Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest in the distant future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 June 2011

This is really a great place to stay to see the whole city, and they have the best staff ever. Always helpful with information about the city and always smiling and happy. I stayed from 4/11 through 5/20, and because it was so enjoyable, I have returned to stay again from 5/31-7/6 during my second business trip. I have an extended-stay apt rather than simple hotel room. But some colleagues on shorter trips stayed in the hotel rooms, and also really raved about the size and quality of the rooms. The beds don't look like the "heavenly beds" at some US hotel chains, but I slept probably the best of any hotel I've ever been in.

The location isn't in the main tourist area which means a bit more real of an experience. Still, it's 1/2 block off Andrassy ut. which has an efficient subway (yellow line) and the main road into downtown and out of the city. You can walk to the Octogon (less than 5 min) which is a major meeting spot and also has a major tram. Between the yellow line and the tram, you can get anywhere in the city in less than 30 minutes (for Margitsziget - Margarit Island, go to the Octogon and take the tram 2 stops. Walk the bridge onto the island).

The hotel is partnered with a local (around the corner) italian food restaurant which is really good. About 4-5 blocks away or 5-10 min walk, there is a large square (Liszt Ferenc Ter) with MANY restaurants. For business folks, most take American Express (not many places do) and for leisure travels, it's a nice way to break into the city. It's a very busy area, and while prices are a bit higher, they are still very reasonable. Most important, all the food was really good, and I recommend Menza above the other places.

Overall, if I ever come back to the city and need a hotel, I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere but the Izabella.

Room Tip: Ask for room with washing machine, if desired.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2011

There Valued Guest ‘rybickijí’,

Thank you very much for leaving such a nice comment regarding your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest.

The comfort of our guests is of upmost importance to us and I am so pleased that we achieved this. I am delighted that you were satisfied with your suite and you slept so well in your king-sized bed.

I am happy to see that you found our location ideal - it is really in close proximity to all major sights and shopping areas in Budapest.
We do appreciate your gastronomical recommendations.

I am glad to see that you had a great time in our city. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime, should your plans bring you to Budapest again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2011

This is an excellent hotel. It is located not too far from the main tourist attractions and with a very convenient & easy to use metro service. There are many very nice restaurants and bars within walking distance of the hotel.

We had a roomy and modern suite complete with a bedroom, lovely open plan kitchen-living-room area and a bathroom. Everything was well equipped although for the quality of the hotel it would have be nice to have fluffy bathroom towels (quality was poor).

Only minor issue was we found that the air conditioning did not work in our room, which was ok as we were on a top floor, in the rear of hotel, so our windows could be open. I would imagine in the heat of summer would be different though.

Was useful to have free wifi internet access & we used the breakfast service (not included in the price) which was good. All staff were extremely friendly and very polite.

Overall, we found this to be an excellent place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Top floor, at the rear, overlooking courtyard
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest “happyfeet”

Thank you very much for taking your time to post your kind comment on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest.

I am glad to see that you found our location ideal and I hope it helped you to discover Budapest without exhausting.

It is always nice to read that you were satisfied with your suite and you found it comfortable and spacious.

Regarding to the towels I would kindly like to inform you that we are processing a the purchase of brand new and fluffier ones. I hope next time we can welcome you and we can fulfill all your expectations.

I am very happy that our staff could make your stay with us more welcoming.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in case you will be in Budapest again.

With kind regards,