“Just perfect”

Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest
Ranked #65 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 30 August 2009

We have been to Budapest several times before but this was the first time we stayed in this beautiful hotel.
The location is just perfect in the city center. The apartment was very spacious, comfortable and quiet. We stayed in one which has a balcony with a view to the beautiful inside garden of the hotel. The sauna was available anytime.
The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and professional.
We really enjoyed our time there. In the future we will stay there again and definitely recommend anybody who plans to travel to Budapest.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greeny7210
ResidenceIzabella, General Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2009

Dear Valued Guest "Greeny7210",

Thank you for taking your time to post your kind comment on Tripadvisor.com. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. It is also a pleasure to see that you liked the view of our landscaped courtyard. I do hope that our sauna room could make your stay more comfortable and relaxing. It is our staff's pleasure to be at your disposal anytime. Please feel free to contact us if we can be at your assistance planning your next visit to Budapest.

Reviewed 14 August 2009

We stayed at the the REsidence Izabella at the start of an extended trip through Eastern Europe. We had the two bedroom apartment for our extended family. The rooms were clean and spacious -- very restful. Lovely courtyard right off the breakfast room. Location was excellent for touring and the staff was very helpful throughout our stay. Best little touch -- a laundry room in the basement with washers and dryers! Allowed our family of six to get really clean clothes for the rest of the trip instead of using the bathroom sink!

1  Thank activetourists

Dear Valued Guest "activetoursists",

I am glad to see your valuable comment on Tripadvisor.com regarding your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you had a great journey through Eastern Europe. I am also happy tp see that the washing machines and dryers that are at our guests' disposal anytime for complimentary usage eased your days. I do hope this little touch could really make your stay with us more comfortable.

Reviewed 13 August 2009

We stayed at the Residence Izabella on the first leg of our four-city European trip. It was great having a suite with 2 bedrooms/bathrooms and a living room so we could all be together and yet the kids could have their own room. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We can also recommend the room service dinner from Millenium da Pippo, an excellent Italian restaurant a couple of blocks away.

The location right off Andrassy ut is ideal. The heart of Pest and Buda are a very pleasant 20-30 minute walk away right down Andrassy ut. Along the way are many cafes and the Oktagon with minimarkets, etc. If you want to take a taxi instead, the hotel can call a reasonably-priced City Taxi in minutes. (Don't hail a cab on the street; it may be unlicensed and you will be charged a small fortune.) The subway is also only a block away. We used it to get to the Szechenyi Baths and had a great day there.

1  Thank jgb41

Dear Valued Guest "jgb41",

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience regarding your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I am glad to see that you liked our Ambassador 2 bedrooms Suite. I hope your kids enjoyed the stay as well and they were happy with their "own room". I aslo hope that we could make your stay more comfortable by providing in-room dining, and it is great to see that you are satisfied with our services. It is our pleasure to get positive feedbacks regarding our partners as we highly focus on quality.

Reviewed 6 August 2009

Stayed at Residence Izabella for 6 nights, and it has really been a pleasure. It has been a pleasure from entering the lobby for the first time and through every little moment of our stay. It's really clean and neat, and the rooms are excellent and well-kept.
The service is really good and the personell are really putting and effort into making your stay as comfortable as possible. Whenever we have needed help we have got it quickly and with a smile. I can really recommend the Mamaison Residence Izabella to everyone who is planning a trip to Budapest. We will surely use this hotel again the next time we are visiting Budapest...

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronnyhaug

Dear Valued Guest "Ronnyhaug",

Thank you very much for your kind words on Tripadvisor.com regarding Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I am more than happy that you enjoyed your week spent with us and that we could always provide service with a smile. We are putting effort into keeping our suites clean and in very good conditions, as in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest the guests' needs always come first. I am delighted to see that your expectations are met by these efforts.

Reviewed 4 August 2009

The hotel is ideally located to experience the beauty of Budapest. I was having my teeth done and eating was a problem but the room was self catering and I could cook what suited me. Taxis to any part of the city were reasonable and mostly I was able to walk to the main attractions. When a taxi was needed the hotel staff ordered it and could explain to the driver where we wished to go. I would definitely stay there again. I have recommended it to my brother who is travelling to Budapest in Sept.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank macker_9

Dear Valued Guest "macker_9",

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to share your experience on Traipadvisor.com regarding Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I am happy to see that you found ideal the location of our hotel. I do hope you are feeling better now after your medical treatment. It is our pleasure to see that you could enjoy all the benefits our fully equipped suites provide and that our kitchen met your needs. It is our staff's pleasure to be at your disposal anytime. Please feel free to contact me directly should I be at your brother's assistance by planning his visit to Budapest.

Reviewed 4 August 2009

This apartment hotel is located one block from Andrassy Utca on Izabella Street. The sign is very small so look for it. The hotel staff is very polite, helpful, and efficient. There is free WiFi throughout the hotel and a free access desktop in the lobby. The Vorosmarty metro stop on the orange line is two minutes walk and the Oktogon shopping area is only ten minutes where you will find many restaurants including many American chains.
We had a two room apartment on the 4th floor which had a nice view of the courtyard. The apartment had AC, fully equipped kitchen, and very modern bathroom. Highly recommended.
P.S.: Do not pay more than 2000HUF for a taxi from the Kileti train station to the hotel.

Dear Valued Guest "HistoryBuff53_9",

Thank you very much for posting your comment on Tripadvisor.com regarding Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I am glad to see that our staff met your expectations. I am also happy to see that you could take the benefits of our free WiFi service and the BusinessCorner which is at your disposal for complimentary usage. I am happy as well to see that the nearby restaurants could satisfy your gastronomical needs. I am sorry for the size of the sign and I would kindly like to inform you that we are working on a solution to find our hotel easier.

Reviewed 18 July 2009

We booked the stay through expedia and were delighted with what we found. It's a relatively easy and affordable 25 minute-or-so taxi ride from the airport and once you are there you are within very easy reach of all the main sights of Budapest, since there is a tube station one minute around the corner which gets you to any of the places you would want to be within 10 minutes or so, if that. The rooms were clean, comfy and with all mod cons, so we could make breakfast and evening meals in the kitchen using the microwave and oven, having stocked up the fridge, freezer and cupboards with provisions from a nearby supermarket. We took DVD s and CDs with us, which we were delighted to be able to play in the room and the complimentary bottle of wine was a nice touch. The staff at reception were incredibly helpful and the free computer access at reception was useful too. We strongly recommend buying the Budapest card (giving you free public transport use and discounted admission to virtually all attractions and some restaurants) which you can in fact buy from reception.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan1977
ResidenceIzabella, General Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2009

Dear Valued Guest "Jonathan 1977",
Thank you very much for taking your time to post your feedback regarding your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest. I am glad to see that you found the location of our upscale property easy to reach. I am also delighted to see that you we could ease your time by providing all neccessary equipment in your suite. It is our staff's pleasure to be at your disposal and we are glad that you could take advantage of the Budapest Card provided by Reception.
I would like to thank you once more for choosing Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest and we would be glad to welcome you back anytime.
Kinga Engelbrecht - General Manager