“Great base to explore Budapest”

Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest
Ranked #66 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Great hotel within walking distance of the centre of Budapest. Stayed in large suite on the ground floor with a view on to the internal courtyard. Room was quiet, extremely comfortable and very well equipped. Staff very friendly and helpful. Underground garage provides secure parking but needs to booked in advance as is quite small.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2011

Dear Valued Guest “psandps”,

Thank you very much for taking time providing a review of the Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest! We truly appreciate it!

I am happy to hear that you liked your suite and our service met your expectations!

We do hope that we can welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 18 January 2011

The room in the hotel was very comfortable and warm. The staff were very kind.
I think that the staff were the best.
My wife wanted to stay in the hotel if we would have more time.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2011

Dear Valued Guest “hmy55”,

Thank you very much for this really nice comment regarding your stay at the Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and our service was at your satisfaction.

I am proud of my team and I am happy to know that we succeeded with your experience.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly should your plans bring you to Budapest again!

Reviewed 8 January 2011

The Izabella was our base for a New Year trip to Budapest. And a good choice it proved to be. Just situated off the main Andrassy Utia - Budapest's equivalent of the Champs Elysee - it was convenient for the central sights and attractions.
Arriving on a freezing cold day, we received the warmest of welcomes from the reception staff before heading up to the three bedroomed Presidential apartment. The central living area has comfortable sofas, TV, CD player and dining area. The open plan kitchen is equipped with hob, combi-microwave oven, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge, and plenty of storage. This provides the opportunity to eat in, or go out. It was fine for a short stay, but the kitchen utensils provided were a bit limited. For example, preparing some scrambled egg for breakfast - a whisk would have been helpful. And the lack of a proper oven means you would be limited in what main meals you could prepare. It's just an observation, as generally the kitchen facilities are good. There are a couple of smaller supermarkets close by, and we walked up to the big West End shopping complex which has a larger Match supermarket in the basement. We could have opted for breakfast in the hotel, but preferred the flexibility of making our own in the apartment.
The beds are large and comfortable and provided a great night's sleep.
We had a couple of issues, but what impressed us was the way the staff went out of their way to resolve things promptly. On the first occasion, the heating was too low in one of the bedrooms, but Beatrix was up straightaway trying to bleed the radiators. The next day the hot water was too cool. Again, a maintenance engineer was called and the problem was fixed. Our final issue was when a fuse blew and we were plunged into darkness. The duty manager came straight up with a torch, and after calls to the maintenance man he diagnosed the problem and we had power again. Everything was handled without fuss and a smile.
Another good thing was the free wifi. Clearly issues from previous posters have been resolved. With 4 netbooks and 3 iphones between us, we had no issues with getting a good connection in the apartment.
If you are looking for a good place to stay in Budapest, give this a go.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank NorthernExplorer
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2011

Dear Valued Guest „NorthernExplorer”,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide such a glowing review of the Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest!

I was delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us and the facilities of our Presidential Suite met your expectations. It is always nice to read that you found your beds comfortable and you could relax.

Please do not hesitate to ask for any kitchen utensils next time, we try to do our best and be as flexible as possible.

I would like to apologize again because of the inconveniences you might have experienced. But I am also very happy to know that my team succeeded in solving your issues and you left our hotel satisfied.

Our Wifi Internet Service has been just upgraded, so it is great to see that it worked faultless, although it was heavily used during the New Year’s Eve.

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, we truly appreciate it!

Please feel free to contact me anytime in case of a future booking!

Reviewed 8 December 2010

Pros:
-The staff was extraordinary, willing to help in all the issues
-Washing machine & dryer included in price, and there were plenty of them
-Rooms were big and quiet
-Close enough to all the action yet far enough to be quiet
-Great gym
-Easy access by public transport
-Breakfast was good, although quite expensive

Cons:
-The high-speed internet is not high-speed at all. No bandwidth policing whatsoever so first in hogs all the bandwidth. One weekend i had to go to the office to check something online, because even simple web surfing was next to impossible here. Eventually i acquired a prepaid mobile internet..
-The room was really hot even though it was cold outside.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2010

Dear Valued Guest “karcsi”,

Thank you very much for placing your kind review on tripadvisor.com regarding your stay at the Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest.

I am very happy to read your comments and I am especially happy that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities eased your days.

I would like to apologize for the issue you reported. Although I am delighted to tell you that our internet service has been reviewed and the bandwidth has been tripled. I hope we can welcome you in the future so you can experience our improved internet service
As for the temperature, please turn to my colleagues next time and they will be happy to help you to set the temperature at your convenience.

Thank you very much for your feedback and please feel free to contact me so I can personally assist you with any future booking.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2010

We chose this hotel because of its location nearby a family member that we were visiting. We did not regret our choice at all. Our room on the first floor was huge! We paid the same as my parents in law who visited this hotel in October and got a much bigger suite. We had our 8 month year old baby with us, and the room we got was perfect with this in mind. The staff were very helpful with dinner reservations and so on. I didnt have the time to check out the fitness room on this stay, maybe next time. The only thing I could point out as a small minus is the whole breakfast experience. Choiches were few, and the staff werent to keen on supplying more when things were empty. We didnt mind to much though. Budapest has a lot of reasonable places to eat. The aircondition in the bathroom made a loud noise sometimes during the day, so we had to close our bathroom door to tone it down. If you want a more central location choose one near vaci utca / vörosmarty square, but expect to pay at least double or triple the price for this size of rooms. This hotel has a good enough location, a quick 10-15 walk down to the citycentre. I can recommend to restaurants in the hotel surroundings; Taj mahal indian which is a 3 minute walk and the pizza place just around the corner on Andrassy.

Would, and will definetly come again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank alex-the-travel-man
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2010

Dear Valued Guest “alex-the-travel-man”,

Many thanks for taking time to provide such a great review of the Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest!

I am happy to read your comments and will share them with my team. It is always nice to read that you were satisfied with your suite and you found it spacious.

I am sorry to hear that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. I hope that we can welcome you in the future again and we can provide you with a much better service and experience. The noisy air-condition will be reviewed, thank you very much for your feedback!

Please feel free to contact us should your plans bring you to Budapest again.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2010

This was my second time staying at Mamaison Izabella and it was fantastic. The location is very central, only a minute from the metro station and other transport links.
The receptionists are very friendly and helpful. The apartments are very cosy, comfortable, light and modern. The beds are massive. I had an amazing time staying there and I was really sad when we had to leave.
They also have an in-house masseuse, who was really friendly and good.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2010

Dear Valued Guest “Robbie1984”,

Thank you very much for leaving such a nice comment regarding your stay in Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us the second time as well, and pleased to note that you did not find fault with us at all.

Thank you for taking the time to write us such an excellent feedback and we do hope that we can welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 12 November 2010

We stayed for 10 days and enjoyed every minute in this hotel.Fifth floor room, very quiet, over-looking a central courtyard. "Classic Suite" room was perfect size for 2 people, with good bed, well-equipped kitchen and comfortable living room.

Location couldn't be better. Quiet street but just 2 minute walk to nearest metro station, or easy stroll to city centre.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
MMResidenceManager, Residence Manager at Mamaison Residence Izabella Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2010

Dear Valued Guest “Jezjgordon”,

It was a pleasure to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here. The comfort of our guests is of upmost importance to us and I am so pleased that we achieved this.

I am also delighted that our location felt ideal and it eased your days while exploring our historical Budapest.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future!