“Very nice place and people”

Hotel Pension Helios
Ranked #117 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It is the greate plesuare to stay in Helios Hotel. Very nice people and place. Comfortable and quiet. Hotel personal are friendly. Comvinient location, very simple to get to downtown by bus. Very nice view from the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Pension Helios

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for three nights and found it to be very nice. Room was clean and had a balcony where we could sit in the evening and enjoy the views. Warm water flow in the shower could have been better, now it was kind of brittish if you know what I mean.
The staff was very helpful with everything from supplying bus tickets to calling the local restaurant to ensure that they kept the kitchen open a bit longer for us. We could park our car inside their locked garden, probably not needed as the area seems very calm and nice, but better safe than sorry. The room rate was good but we found the breakfast price a little bit high, not expensive but still.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014

It is the third time I'm spending my vacantion on Budapest, staying at Helios Hotel.
I'm very pleased by the services and my kids love to play in the backyard, while we are preparing to go downtown, which is easy to do by car or even by bus.

I mostly appreciate that the hotel has free private parking, which can be a real problem in the center hotels...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hotel Pension Helios is in a gorgeous location in the Buda hills. (Is this really in the city?) Yet it is easy to get to by public transportation. Metro and tram gets you up the hill quickly. It is quiet and clean. There are oleanders and lavender in the surrounding garden and the balcony is wonderful for enjoying one's morning coffee or evening rose. The staff was very friendly, but it was when I had a problem with my bike that the staff went way beyond the call of duty. I asked the concierge to check the train for the next leg of my travels. It turned out I was unable to take my bike on the train due to work on the tracks. The concierge checked all kinds of alternative routes, but none worked. Finally, he offered to keep my bike for me until I returned to Budapest. Problem solved! Getting immediate help from such an unexpected situation when you are traveling away from home is the kind of thing that stays with you. Staying at the Helios Panzio was a great experience for me and I will recommend it to anyone going to Budapest. Thanks.

Room Tip: My room was great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We arrived for one night and found a great room which we are sure to return to in the future.
As the place is quite high over the city, the air was plesent even on a very hot day.
We had a room with balcony and enjoyed it very much.

Room Tip: To enjoy this hotel recommended to come by car, as it is quite far from the center at a high point o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great place with very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable.The neighbourhood is quiet. Property has a beatuiful garden and private parking. We will visit that place again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

A great hotel. Our room had an ample balcony. The hotel is clean and our room very very confortable. It is too far from Budapest (29 minutes by car), but the price made up for the travel time.

I have to say: We liked it a lot.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Budapest hotels
Hotel Chesscom
Budai Hotel
#179 of 333 in Budapest
Aventura Boutique Hostel
#94 of 333 in Budapest

Been to Hotel Pension Helios? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Pension Helios

Address: Liderc utca 5/a, Budapest 1121, Hungary
Region: Hungary > Central Hungary > Budapest
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites
#5 Best Value Hotel in Budapest
#16 Family Hotel in Budapest
#37 Romantic Hotel in Budapest
#52 Business Hotel in Budapest
Price Range: £25 - £66 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Pension Helios 3*
A family-run hotel in Budapest. Located in a green area of the City only 15 min. by local night and day bus from the City center. Helios Hotel Pension offers in Budapest newly furnished room studios and apartment.We offer free Internet access, enclosed parking place and hungarian buffet breakfast. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Pension Helios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Helios Hotel Budapest