“Impressive but not amazing”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #15 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I am sure this is one of the best hotels in Budapest. The lobby and the Christmas tree are really nice and I like some of the open architecture.
We had a room with a window opening into the inside courtyard which was handy as the room temp kept fluctuating.
Room was more like a double tree, so don't expect anything amazing. Service was excellent. We were missing a towel when we arrived and we had fresh ones within minutes.
The breakfast is definitely a focal point and the bar was a little disappointing with with few food choices. I was surprised to find a Japanese restaurant which we skipped and walked 3 blocks to the New York Cafe - a must see.
The tram line runs right past the door or you can walk to the Oktogon metro subway to get the the Christmas market if you are adventurous.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

My sincerest thanks for your review of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. Thank you for pointing out our dining facilities, from which more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest at Dinings and bars section. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Cordially,

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

In short a fab property centrally located and I would love to stay at the same hotel in my next visit. Also worth mentioning the price we got on booking.com was very reasonable for this property!

The concierge was helpful with regards to tours, the Royal Spa had amazing indoor pools and jacuzzi.

Stayed: August 2013
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. Thank you for highlighting the Royal Spa. from its features some more tips can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest Wellness section. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Kindest regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have stayed at the Corinthia 3 nights.
I am not where to pinpoint, but it’s not what I would have expected from top Hotel in Budapest.
Yes, it’s a luxury Hotel, yes it’s clean and the staff is very helpful, and the SPA is good.
But I am missing the distinguish x-factor. Maybe it’s the room which is facing the internal hall W/O a street view, or a balcony that doesn’t exist. Or could it be that even the basic coffee and bottle of water in the room cost money (why?)
Bottom line, very Nice but…

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a street view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

My sincerest thanks for your review of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I noted that some of our services did not exceed your expectations. Thank you for the useful comments, so we can improve our services. Thank you for mentioning our guest rooms as well, from the facilities and amenities there are additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest at Rooms section. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Corinthia and better meeting your expectations in the future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Probably one of the best hotels my wife and I have stayed in.Well appointed large rooms,spotlessly clean,with very helpful staff.Very comfortable beds with an excellent bathroom.Altogether a wonderful experience which we hope to repeat in the not to distant future.Would have no hesitation in recommending this as one of the finest hotels in which to have a vacation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank moron2005

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your recent stay. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. I was glad that you were impressed by the service provided by our staff. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Best regards,

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, amazing breakfasts and do the tour with the deputy manager, he is part of the hotel and his history and knowledge is so interesting you won't regret it(plus you get to see the presidential suite!)

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Kate W

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. I am really pleased to read that you had a great time here. Thank you for highlighting our 'Behind the scenes' tour, from which more information is available on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I will definitely pass your kind comments to Mr Meskal. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Comfy and large rooms that combine with a well featured hotel, some parts of the hotel are spectacular. Booking the exec rooms gets you access to the mezzanine floor and the exec benefits; free breakfast, simple snacks and wine / beer / soft drinks at certain times. This was something we weren’t fully aware of and really made it excellent value.

The people who work at the hotel are all very professional and also very friendly.

The spa was lovely and had a nice ambience and quality facilities, however the treatments were booked up so plan in advance !

If I had one word of caution it would be the tram noise from our front facing rooms, we had to buy ear plugs ! So ask for a room away from the road or higher up or to the side if this worries you. We were ok and liked the views and position and put up with the noise !

It’s a very good hotel. Worth putting on your list. Location is good as its halfway between Danube and park and with the trams you can get to all areas really easily.

Room Tip: Go high or to the side / front / internal (these are still lovely as there is a huge high courtyard...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

I was delighted to read your generous remarks about our Hotel. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and its facilities. Thank you for highlighting the Executive Club and Royal Spa, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay at the Corinthian hotel. Food was exceptional especially the breakfast there was so many options and staff were very welcoming. They made my omelette directly in front of me which was most impressive. Will definitely return some day. I felt like I was in a movie whilst walking through the building. It was magical :)

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Claire D

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast selection. There are some more information about the dining options on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Kindest regards,