“Faultless - Awesome - Value - Luxury”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #17 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I love luxury and I love it even more when I get value for money too. We booked this hotel via a comparison website and ended up paying around £80 per superior room with breakfast and I can truly say that the breakfast and the facilities at the hotel (spa, sauna, pool, steam rooms, bar and restaurant) are worth the price alone.

Everything that is important to me was taken care of, from arranging taxis and tours, to eating for a fair price in the hotel, fair prices on the mini-bar, free use of the gym, pool, sauna and wi-fi, everything you need here is provided. My partner requested soya milk and it was delivered in moments, anything you need is provided with a smile.

The perfect moment of service we experienced was with the breakfast staff, they remembered where we were sitting the previous day and asked us if we'd like to sit in the same place, they remembered what we'd spoken about yesterday from the orders they took to what we did the day before.

The breakfast buffet is immense with choice, omelettes to order, a range of 10 breads, a range of smoked fish including salmon, meats and cheeses, yoghurts, muesli, porridge, eggs, bacon, beans, mushrooms, fruit and even sparkling wine. You'll look forward to waking up in the morning!

Lastly and surely everyone's favourite facility is the wellness suite at the hotel, a swimming pool, sauna and range of steam rooms, treatments, saunas, massages are provided, all for free except individual treatments.

To weigh this rave review up, we did find the rooms really hot and have to open the windows for an hour before bed (this was in January) but this is the only thing we could find fault with and is really just a personal preference. If I come back to Budapest I will be staying here no question.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Made_In_Italy
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you very much for your positive and very detailed review. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. Thank you for your kind words about our breakfast staff and highlighting the Royal Spa. from, which more information can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Very truly yours,
Thomas M Fischer

Write a ReviewReviews (7,547)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel as part of a Pre-Trip on Vantage River Cruise's Christmas Markets Tour in December of 2013. It is very centrally located and is simply beautiful. The rooms are nice sized for a European Hotel. The included breakfast would meet anyone's desire for a breakfast with a nice selection of both hot and cold. We also ate a lunch and dinner in the restaurant which were both excellent. If we return to Budapest it would be a toss up between the Corinthia Hotel and the Intercontinental!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. Thank you for pointing out our location, from which additional information can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. The rooms, the lobby, the bar area, the breakfast area. They take care of you very well. The concierge desk was very helpful. Any requests for assistance were taken care of promptly. Even the one suggestion I contacted them about after my return home was addressed quickly and politely. They arranged a visit to one of the local hot outdoor baths, and sent a car to pick me up when I was ready to return. I was very pleased with my stay here and would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ossie0303
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay. I am really pleased to read that you had a great time here. I will pass your kind comments to our Concierge. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Very truly yours,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We held a corporate event at the Corinthia Budapest, and the staff could not have done more for us. Every single detail, from the rooms to the food, the ballroom and the equipment was immaculate. Luxury.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. Our readers may find more information about our event facilities on the corinthia.com/budapest Meeting section. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Best regards,

Reviewed 6 January 2014

What a hotel. Don't even think about arriving by bus or tram or walking. Get a taxi from the airport. About £20, depending on how busy the traffic is. Follow the taxi signs at the airport and outside you will see a wee booth to book your taxi, that way you won't be ripped off.
Your doors are opened for you and cases carried to reception, all by liveried staff who don't expect a tip.
My wife and I stayed there just before Christmas and it was marvellous. The staff outnumbered the guests by about 2 to 1 and were all, without exception friendly and helpful.
The hotel is beautiful, as was our room, the spa, pool, and restaurants.Live music, grand piano and harp, are played in the bar every evening. Breakfast, champagne and smoked salmon included, was great.
It's about a 20-30 minute walk to the centre, but a nice walk.
We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I reckon there all good.
3  Thank OldScotsBloke
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am really pleased to read that you had a great time here. Thank you for sharing your experience. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

best hotel in the city in my opinion.The rooms are very big the location in great in location. perfect for a city break. the loby in fantastic te staff great. the city is great for a romantic and visitig places

Room Tip: an extirior view for the room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank h2011092011

Thank you for your kind words. I was glad that you were impressed by the service provided by our staff and you pointed out our location, from about more information can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Very truly yours,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The hotel is situatied in a gorgeous building with an abudance of old style elegance. It´s located within walking distance to many of the sights and there is public transport just outside.
The room was spacious with anything you expect to find in it, very comfortable bed. The spa was really crowdy the first time we went there and not so enjoyable, but the next time there was a lot more quiet and we had a really nice spa experience.
The breakfast was good but nothing exeptional. We booked an executive room which really added a little extra to the hotel experience with a nice lounge area, some snacks and drinks aveliable all day.
What this beautiful five star hotel lacked was the attention to details like forgetting bath robes and water in the room, having to ask for service, forgetting wake up calls but overal the service was good and we would absolutely recomend this hotel if you find a good deal!

Room Tip: Book a executive room if you get a good deal for snacks, drinks and access to the spa.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I highly appreciate your honest feedback. I noted that some of our services did not exceed your expectations. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in Budapest soon. Best regards,