“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and found the hotel to be excellent. Other hotels may be in a slightly better location (on the Danube) but this wasn't a problem as we enjoyed walking around the city and taxi's were reasonably priced. The twin room was large, extremely clean and very well decorated. The bathroom was modern and the shower was fantastic. The facilities (gym, sauna and steam room) couldn't have been any better. We were slightly disappointed that the swimming pool and jacuzzi were closed for maintenance and that this wasn't mentioned on booking or at check in. However, we were offered complimentary breakfast for each of the three days and the selection and quality was faultless. All staff were very attentive and helpful and answered all questions we had. I think this hotel is exceptional value and can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I highly appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you for highlighting our rooms and facilities, from which addtional information ca nbe found on corinthia.com/budapest. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Kindest regards,
Thomas M Fischer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,098)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed for four nights over Christmas 2013 arriving by train from Zagreb. Unsure about whether to use the notorious taxis in Budapest, we called up the hotel who arranged a car to meet us at the station with a very courteous driver. The hotel is a beautiful and grand building, in a central location but conveniently away from the busy tourist areas. Bedroom, bathroom are clean, comfortable and spacious. Highly recommend bringing your bathers along and dipping into the Hungarian private bath, sauna & steam room - quite relaxing after a long day sightseeing. The Chess restaurant nearby was delicious and well worth a dinner. Had a great time at the dance/music bar - great jazz band and plenty of keen dancers on the dance floor. Finally, we were impressed by the giant gingerbread house in the lobby - nice Christmas touch!

1 Thank Roshy10
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you had a great hotel experience here. Thank you for highlighting our location, from which useful information can be found on corinthia.com/budapest at Destination section. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Kindest regards,
Rome
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I love luxury and I love it even more when I get value for money too. We booked this hotel via a comparison website and ended up paying around £80 per superior room with breakfast and I can truly say that the breakfast and the facilities at the hotel (spa, sauna, pool, steam rooms, bar and restaurant) are worth the price alone.

Everything that is important to me was taken care of, from arranging taxis and tours, to eating for a fair price in the hotel, fair prices on the mini-bar, free use of the gym, pool, sauna and wi-fi, everything you need here is provided. My partner requested soya milk and it was delivered in moments, anything you need is provided with a smile.

The perfect moment of service we experienced was with the breakfast staff, they remembered where we were sitting the previous day and asked us if we'd like to sit in the same place, they remembered what we'd spoken about yesterday from the orders they took to what we did the day before.

The breakfast buffet is immense with choice, omelettes to order, a range of 10 breads, a range of smoked fish including salmon, meats and cheeses, yoghurts, muesli, porridge, eggs, bacon, beans, mushrooms, fruit and even sparkling wine. You'll look forward to waking up in the morning!

Lastly and surely everyone's favourite facility is the wellness suite at the hotel, a swimming pool, sauna and range of steam rooms, treatments, saunas, massages are provided, all for free except individual treatments.

To weigh this rave review up, we did find the rooms really hot and have to open the windows for an hour before bed (this was in January) but this is the only thing we could find fault with and is really just a personal preference. If I come back to Budapest I will be staying here no question.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Made_In_Italy
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you very much for your positive and very detailed review. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. Thank you for your kind words about our breakfast staff and highlighting the Royal Spa. from, which more information can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Very truly yours,
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel as part of a Pre-Trip on Vantage River Cruise's Christmas Markets Tour in December of 2013. It is very centrally located and is simply beautiful. The rooms are nice sized for a European Hotel. The included breakfast would meet anyone's desire for a breakfast with a nice selection of both hot and cold. We also ate a lunch and dinner in the restaurant which were both excellent. If we return to Budapest it would be a toss up between the Corinthia Hotel and the Intercontinental!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. Thank you for pointing out our location, from which additional information can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Yours faithfully,
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. The rooms, the lobby, the bar area, the breakfast area. They take care of you very well. The concierge desk was very helpful. Any requests for assistance were taken care of promptly. Even the one suggestion I contacted them about after my return home was addressed quickly and politely. They arranged a visit to one of the local hot outdoor baths, and sent a car to pick me up when I was ready to return. I was very pleased with my stay here and would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Ossie0303
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay. I am really pleased to read that you had a great time here. I will pass your kind comments to our Concierge. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Very truly yours,
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We held a corporate event at the Corinthia Budapest, and the staff could not have done more for us. Every single detail, from the rooms to the food, the ballroom and the equipment was immaculate. Luxury.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. Our readers may find more information about our event facilities on the corinthia.com/budapest Meeting section. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Best regards,
Kincardine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

What a hotel. Don't even think about arriving by bus or tram or walking. Get a taxi from the airport. About £20, depending on how busy the traffic is. Follow the taxi signs at the airport and outside you will see a wee booth to book your taxi, that way you won't be ripped off.
Your doors are opened for you and cases carried to reception, all by liveried staff who don't expect a tip.
My wife and I stayed there just before Christmas and it was marvellous. The staff outnumbered the guests by about 2 to 1 and were all, without exception friendly and helpful.
The hotel is beautiful, as was our room, the spa, pool, and restaurants.Live music, grand piano and harp, are played in the bar every evening. Breakfast, champagne and smoked salmon included, was great.
It's about a 20-30 minute walk to the centre, but a nice walk.
We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I reckon there all good.