Corinthia Hotel Budapest
US$694
Hotels.com
US$131
7,728 results
All reviewsexecutive clubroyal spabeautiful hotelexecutive roomrickshaw restaurantsteam roommain restaurantfive star hotelspa facilitiesthe rivertram stopopera housethe air conditioninglong weekendcity breakjewish quarterpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This hotel, is a very good pick for a short stay in Budapest. It is conveniently located downtown, since most of the places to visit are within walking distance. Else, the tramway is stopping just in front of the hotel, and different metro lines can be reached in a 5 mn walk.
Inside, rooms are confortable, well furnished, and quiet. The communal areas are very spacious and luxury, the lobby is really impressive.
Wifi available for free in the whole hotel (in the rooms as well as in the restautants, and probably in the spa also).
Fantastic breakfast buffet, very copious and appetizing, with continental and local specialties.
Several restaurants, with generally affordable prices. I think it is wise to book if you want to test the bock bistro.
Large spa, with maybe too few deck chairs, with sauna, hammam and jacuzzi
All in all, a very good hotel, and with few more custom regards (presents, chocolates...), I could rate it 5 !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your recent stay. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our complimentary wifi service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Beautiful decor and comfortable bed, Rooms are immaculate. Breakfast served on the top floor overlooking the town. Excellent choice of food for breakfast. Restaurant very relaxed not the usual bustle at breakfast. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your kind words about our breakfast selection. From our restaurant facilities there are some more information can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed 3 nights at the Corinthia (20th - 23rd December) with my girlfriend, celebrating her birthday. I was so glad that I chose that hotel because everything was just perfect. We arrived in the evening and the building from the outside was very beautiful. The entrance and the lobby were beautifully decorated, the Christams tree was magnificent. We stayed in an Executive room on the 4th floor. I had requested a room facing the street and we got it. Though we could hear some noise from the outside (tram, emergency vehicles), that didn't bother us at all. The room was fairly spacious with all the amenities you should expect from a 5* hotel. We liked the turn down service. Breakfast was amazing and so were the staff. As soon as we sat down, the waiter would come and offer us juice or coffee... The Excutive lounge was also great. Though a lot less to choose from for breakfast, it was a calmer environment. Nibbles, deserts, non alcoholic beverages and 3 types of champagne were offered throughout the day, and alcoholic beverages in the evening. It was never crowded.

We liked the location of the hotel. The nearest metro station was about 5 min walk away and there was a tram station right in front. After a day of sightseeing we went to the Royal spa, where we went for a swim in a lovely pool, relaxed in a jacuzzi and the saunas. There were not many guests, but we came to the spa area after 8pm.

I would like to thank again to the General manager Thomas M. Fischer for the complimentary birthday cake and champagne my girlfriend received. She was thrilled. All in all an amazing stay at the Corinthia Budapest.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the Executive room, it's well worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

I am truly delighted to know that you had a superb stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am glad to read that your girlfriend had a really great and memorable birthday celebration at our hotel. Thank you for mentioning our Executive Club services, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest Executive Room section. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.Kindest regards,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel. Since it was winter, heater was on. They did have big windows but since all deluxe rooms face to the atrium which is a closed area. We both felt a bit warm the first night. Hence we called the operator and they did help fix the problem... Sweet dream on the first night.

We encountered the same problem on the 2nd night. Though we were at the 5th floor (highest), we couldn't tolerate the heating system... We called at around 1am, the operator replied they would do something. I understood it might take at least 30 mins to let the cold air flow in... However, the situation was not improved till 3am. I called again and i realised that they had not done anything. You might think that I had thousands of reasons to get mad. But the staff proactively looked for solutions, say give me one more room that night so that I could sleep, and they would get their maintenance staff to solve the problem. Though it was not an good experience to have two rooms, but we did need to sleep. We accepted the offer.

The third night, everything fixed and we had good sleep.

Talking the hotel itself - beautiful, classic, well located, fair priced, helpful staff. Strongly recommend to travelers who want deluxe but fair priced accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Thank you for your useful comments about the heating system we will look after the solution. Thank you for your recommendation and mentioning our location, from which additional information can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future. Very truly yours,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

not breathtaking, but a good quality, like driving a Mercedes E-Class. Well trained staff, polite and caring. You will feel well here. Location is quite central. Rooms are immaculate but a bit old fashioned.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ulibear
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to note that you were satisfied with our staff. I’m very pleased that you pointed out our location that we are very close to the most important touristic attractions and some more detailed information and tips can be found on corinthia.com/budapest. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Kind regards,