Corinthia Hotel Budapest
  • Room Service
US$138
US$114
7,727 results
All reviewsexecutive clubroyal spabeautiful hotelexecutive roomrickshaw restaurantsteam roommain restaurantfive star hotelspa facilitiesthe rivertram stopopera housethe air conditioninglong weekendcity breakjewish quarterpublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My daughter and I spent three nights at the Royal Corinthia between Jan 23 and 26th.
We had a wonderful experience whereby every aspect of our stay was first class. All of the staff whom we encountered could not have been more helpful, always with a smile. The entrance reception area is very striking.
The breakfasts were the best we have had with a comprehensive choice if food. We started each morning with a Bucks Fizz which was a good start to the day!
We hope to return!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maureenrl
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your recent stay. I am so glad that you were fascinated by the facilities of our beautiful building. Thank you for sharing your experience about our breakfast selection, which is bookable online on Corinthia.com/budapest. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I visited Budapest few time and this has been the best accommodation so far. Great central location with easy access to all tourist attractions and conveniences. The accommodation is really great and all the staff is very friendly and helpful. Great access to Royal Spa and plenty of massage and treatment options.

Room Tip: I had an inward facing room, which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and its facilities. Thank you for pointing out our spa facilities, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in Budapest soon. Very truly yours,

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Had a lovely 3 nights here over a weekend in February.

Great location.

Staff were hit and miss. Was served in the bar bar by a wonderful lady who recommended local wines and couldn't do enough to help us, even writing down a list of sights we should go and see. Manager was also very nice, friendly and helpful.

Wine list and bar food were fantastic.

Spa and swimming pool are luxurious and the perfect place for some relaxation.

The whole hotel is spotlessly clean and the bed was changed everyday.

Front of house are a disaster. Two of them were rude, with one male receptionist being awful. Doormen couldn't care less. More interested in talking to each other. Even while a large event was going on they just looked at people getting out of cabs in the rain instead of going over with an umbrella. This lack of detail means it doesn't reach the standards of other 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alan H

I value your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with all the readers. I was also disappointed to read your comments regarding a staff member’s attitude in handling your concerns. Please be assured that your comments have been reviewed with the front office team. Expected service behaviours have been reinforced.
I do hope that you will look upon this breakdown as a one off and not indicative of the customer care we wish to provide at all times. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Visited the city and the hotel for a company meeting. The rooms are lovely and quite large. don't be put off by an inward facing option, they are apparently quieter, that seems accurate to me in practice. the pool is spectacular, go and look at it even if you don't swim. The indoor gym not so great (2 treadmills, 3 bikes, 2 elliptically and a few weights). I was with a group of jet lagged Americans all wanting to use the treadmill at the same time......
Good bars, great breakfast options and plenty of space for just sitting and chatting etc.
I suspect they host a lot of company meetings, conferences etc so it might not be perfect if you get stuck with a group of wacky sales dudes on their annual meeting.
The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the river through the down town shopping district, past many museum, churches and the opera. The metro is close too and easy to use.
Apparently the the hotel was once owned by col. Gadaffi!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank woodees

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. I would like to highlight that many interesting information is available on Corinthia.com/Budapest about the hotel's history and background. I would like mention that the hotel had Hungarian owners during the ages since 1896 and from 2002 the Maltese Corinthia group is operating the property. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future. Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 7 February 2014

From the moment we arrived on the 1st February 2014 we were so glad to have booked the Corinthia. The reception areas are stunning and the staff throughout our four night stay were always attentive, polite and very helpful. We were upgraded to a deluxe king which was lovely and stylish and we were very comfortable with plenty of room. Spa facilities are great and we used them a couple of times the only thing I regret is not having had the time to also book myself a massage. We had booked bed and breakfast and we were so glad because the breakfasts did not disappoint there was nothing that you could not have we were spoilt for choice. We also had dinner in the brassiere one night and it was delicious and the presentation was stunning. All in all we could not fault our stay here and our whole trip to Budapest was wonderful everywhere was full of very friendly people with some brilliant sights to see nice bars and restaurants all very good value and we will definitely return and thank you for the behind the scenes tour of the hotel from Tibor Meskal senior duty manager who was very knowledgable and informative.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela C

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am really pleased to read that you were satisfied with our staff and services. I will pass your kind comments to Mr Meskal. There is also additional information about the hotel's histroy and the 'Behind the scenes tour' on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Cordially,