“Absolutely amazing hotel, so luxurious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corinthia Hotel Budapest

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #17 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing hotel, so luxurious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights over easter and it was by far the nicest hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. The staff also added to the lovely atmosphere of the hotel, not snooty or one rude member of staff. Everyone was so helpful and friendly.
The room was beautiful, clean and came back to find an easter cake had been put into our room! So adorable.
The spa is also one of the nicest spas I have ever been to and the treatments are done to a very high standard.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and honestly believe that anyone giving bad reviews on this hotel are complete drama queens or just had an unfortunate experience which happens from time to time.
Lovely experience, will be back!

Thank you to everyone at the Corinthia in Budapest

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Snowy805
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am really pleased to read that you had a great time here. This kind of reviews give us always a new inspiration to do all of our bests for our guests. Let me thank you again for your all-embracing positive comment and for recommending us to the traveling community. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Very truly yours,
Thomas M Fischer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,063)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dorchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is an expensive hotel with a lot of history.

Plusses: Clean, lots of staff to help (athough somewhat impersonal in their dealings with you - as you perhaps may expect in this class of hotel). It has a great, though smallish, pool finished in a lovely 'Roman' luxurious style with pillars and helpful staff to allocate towels, etc. It was quite crowded and we couldn't find a lounger to put our stuff on. Nice atmosphere in the evenings with live music playing in the bar area.

Minuses: The hotel's computer was down when we came to check out, so they asked for my credit card, whipped it away to a back office to photo-copy it, then returned it to me. (My card company advise me never to hand it over to anyone). The room was nothing special - OK but the shaver socket didn't work (on reporting this I was told it only works on 120v - not true, doesn't work, full stop. Attitude?) Bathroom scales provided (digital), but they did'nt work) Several tea bag types in the room (Earl Grey, etc) but no normal English Breakfast tea. No milks. Phoned room service for these things but it took about 40 minutes!
The worst minus point is it's location. It's not really central. (about 30 minutes walk from the river). On a street with heavy traffic with a badly maintained pavement with ongoing repair works - hazardous! Near Starbucks and a Strip Club! Says it all really!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 224James
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with our staff and the fabolous Royal Spa.
First of all please accept my apologies for the technical issues upon your check-in; unfortunately this was related to a major server breakdown at the provider center and not related to our hotel only. I was sorry to learn that the guest room facilities did not meet your expectations on this occasion and some of the services were not up to our high standards. Our shaver sockets operate on 220V, I am sorry if this was not explained to you properly. Your comments are valuable for us and highlight the areas where we need to focus on in order to gain an excellent guest experience.
I was disappointed to learn that you were not satisfied with our hotel's location. For you kind information I would like to highlight that Corinthia Hotel Budapest is the closest 5 star hotel to the Opera House, to the stunning Andrassy Avenue, the Heroes' Square and the City Park. We are also close to the shops and restaurants in the city and we are just a short walk to the city centre and the Danube river. The area - where the Hotel located - is at the heart of the city and very safe.
We are truly sorry for the shortfall in our standards you have experienced and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Corinthia Budapest and better meeting your expectations in the future.
St. Paul's Bay, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I travel around a lot being a cabin crew. I have stayed here for a week on a business and vacation trip and had the use of the excucutive lounge. The staff of this hotel speak perfect english and service is definately a five star rating. Will return if i need to visit Budapest.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Noel M
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am really pleased to read that you were satisfied with our staff and services. Thank you for pointing out our Executive Club facilities, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest.
I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We managed to get a really good deal on this Hotel ,so check out the online sites.It is ideally located in central Pest just above the trendy "Old Jewish Quarter" with its numerous Ruin Bars . The Hotel is just beautiful and lives up to all expectations .Our room was extremely spacious and extremely comfortable, however be warned the bottles of water which are left out are not complimentary ! Extremely friendly and polite staff complete the perfection that is The Corinthia Hotel ,Budapest

Room Tip: The executive upgrade is well worth it
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I am really pleased to read that you had a great time here. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
Devon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I have to agree with others: it is almost impossible to get a room without disadvantages. Either you overlook the internal atriums with their noise or you overlook the busy main street with just as much noise. In our case we had wanted an outside window but, because we had the Executive package, that meant we had to have a double when we prefer singles (my husband snores!). Anyway, we couldn't open the window as the traffic was much too heavy to risk the pollution. I think the right room for us might be there somewhere but no-one knew them well enough to suggest better compromises.

Although others suggest the Executive package and praise it highly for the 24 hour snacks and alcoholic drinks, the snacks are all rather unhealthy sugary pastries and carbohydrate-laden canapes and as we don't drink much we didn't get any useful advantage from it. A drinker with a large appetite would love it!

We were persuaded to have our first morning breakfast in the Executive Club as the ground floor was heaving with breakfasters from a big conference. We should have waited: the breakfast in the Executive Club was minimal choices and served lukewarm. We went to the main breakfast next day and it was fabulous so much choice and high quality.

It seems all the 5 star hotels in Budapest are on main roads (even the ones overlooking the Danube which also has busy highways on each side between hotel and river) so I am not sure any of them would have been any better for us.

We didn't use the spa, the room was big, the mattrass was good, the bathroom top notch, staff were efficient and helpful so we did enjoy our stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LovelyDevon
I appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with all the readers. I am delighted to note that you were satisfied with our staff. Thank you for the useful comments about our rooms and breakfast, so we can improve our services. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards,
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights here and this was our third hotel we stayed in Budapest.
We choose this hotel because of the Royal spa which has a big and stylish swimming pool, 2 x jacuzzi, Sauna and steam room. We really liked it after a long day walking around the city. It felt really relax and it opens until 10pm, which is an added a bonus.

The hotel itself is a pure luxury 5 *, specially with the marble bathroom which has both bath and a separate shower cubicle. It looked exactly the same as another newly opened hotel we visited recently in Macau. Sometimes we feel a little lack of character.

I'm glad the breakfast was included in my hotel package, as it cost about 27 EURO per person per day, which can add up to 50% extra of a double room rate. When we went to have breakfast at about 9am, it was really busy and packed, which we need to wait for about 10 mins to be seated. The buffet breakfast has huge choices, with lots of different variety of bread, cake, hot food, cold food, live cooking kitchen, and also 3 different kind of boiled egg. (well cooked, 70% & 50% cooked) Also, for a pure luxury, try 3 different kind of sparkling wine which was included with your breakfast.

It's a shame that we didn't know in advance, they have a 'behind the scence' tour to see the hotel kitchen and other parts of the hotel every Tue & Thurs around 10:30am(?!) (Not sure whether you'll need to pay extra) Also guest get free entry to the Orfeum Club which has some live performance.

In general, we enjoyed our stay in Corinthia, it's a typical, modern 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julia_Cambridge
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and its facilities. Thank you for pointing out our 'Behind the scenes tour', from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest inspire me offers. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Best regards,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed few days at Corinthia Hotel and we don't find it satisfactory. First of all the hotel was very crowded, full of russian-speaking tourists who behaved very loudly starting from the breakfast and ending late at night in the hotel bar. The swimming pools and saunas were always full. There was always a line waiting at the reception and concierge desk.
At the check in the receptionist wasn't very nice, not even polite, but I must admit it was the only person like that..
The room was rather 4* standard (there is no coffee machne or bidet in the bathroom), but the main problem was that the room has no view, or rather a view for the internal patio so you never get any fresh air. The rooms are really hot because of that, so you have to sleep with air conditioning on. We didn't want to do that so we opened a window to the patio. On the patio there is a hotel restaurant where the breakfast is served. So until 3 o clock in the morning we had to listen to drunk people in the bar, but the worst started at about 6 a.m. when the hotel staff started to prepare the tables for breakfast they were laughing, talking, yelling - didn't even seem to think about their guests sleeping (or rather trying to sleep) above them. At 7 a.m. when hotel guests started their breakfast our "sleep" was officially over - we smell all the bacon, coffee and scrambled eggs. We felt rather like living above a fast food bar than staying in a five star hotel.
Plus the bed was extremely uncomfortable. In the mornings we were too tired for a sightseeing.So we finally got some sleep when we were back home.

Room Tip: Beware of the standard rooms with the windows opened only to the patio - no fresh air and a lot of n...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank A X
Thank you for your comments sent via Tripadvisor, concerning your stay at our Hotel. I was sorry to learn that the standard of the room allocated to you did not meet your expectations on this occasion and your stay was disturbed by the noise from restaurant and other guests. For your comfort in the future, please be advised that hotel staff are available around the clock to assist guests with any issues that may arise; and this instance may have been able to offer you an alternative room to ensure you a more comfortable stay. Our customers can choose from various locations and different views, from Atrium to street view and more. We have, of course, taken up your particular comments with the staff involved to rectify any shortcomings. I was also disappointed to read your comments regarding our room amenities. I would like to kindly inform you that all our guest rooms are equipped with tea and coffee making facilities and as an investment to our even greater guest comfort we are currently placing Nespresso machines into our Executive rooms.
We appreciate your constructive comments, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.