“Amazing hotel!”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #16 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located on a quite busy road,but that was not a problem for me. From the moment i came in the hotel i felt really welcomed. The staff was correct and friendly and it was easy that there is a concierge to help you out.

Our room was good, not really big but with a fab bathroom. The bad was amazing. I had a room on the left side of the building and it was really quite.

The best thing about the hotel is the wellness area! It is free for use and it's really worth a visit!

The breakfast was average, there was everything that you needed,but it was not a 5 star level.
The best thing to to is to make sure you eat outdoor under the patio because inside it was a little bit dark.

• Stayed: March 2014
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for devoting the time to review your experience here at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and found our spa to be a relaxing retreat during your visit. It is wonderful to hear that you were happy with the level of service you received and found the concierge to be helpful, as they are a great resource to help guests discover the delights of our beautiful city. We would be honored to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here recently for a long weekend in Budapest. We treated ourselves to an Executive room, and this was quite expensive - however we booked through a UK agent and I would not recommend this if you want to get the best price. Prices in Hungary are generally much cheaper than the UK so I would consider booking direct with the hotel. Anyway....we'd asked for a room on a high floor (which we received - 4th floor), non-smoking (yes) and quiet (hmmm. We were quite near the lifts and the room faced the main road, but to be fair we were not disturbed by noise during our stay). The room was pleasant and spacious - quite an old-fashioned ambience with lots of mahogany furniture, not really my cup of tea but high quality none the less. Service was OK but could be improved especially at breakfast time. Basically they do not have enough tables to accommodate everyone at busy times and we saw some people being turned away. The staff were slow to clear and re-set tables too between people coming and going and they did not put enough cutlery out and so we had to keep asking for spoons, knives etc. It's a pity as the quality of the breakfasts was very good. The executive lounge is very nice and we enjoyed going in there for complementary drinks and snacks. Overall staff in the exec lounge were helpful but one evening when I asked if I could have a hot chocolate, the response was "no" - not "no, sorry we don't do that but would you like something else?". Yes I am being picky, I know I am extremely lucky to have stayed here but things need tightening for the price paid. We visited the spa on our last day which is of high quality (even if the pool is a tad cool!). I would also question the attitude of the staff in the spa. They commanded us to come to the spa in dressing gowns supplied in our rooms - this would have entailed walking through the hotel in a dressing gown. I objected to this (although I saw others doing it) and insisted on changing in the changing rooms. I think staff should realise/acknowledge that paying guests have the right to change in the spa if they want to!! Anyway we did have a nice relaxing break, but as the old school report cliché says :"could be improved".

Room Tip: Worth paying for an Executive room for the benefits of the Executive lounge.
1  Thank juls63

Please let me first thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I appreciate the time you took to share your experience and overall impression of the hotel. I am disappointed to hear that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. Your constructive comments have been noted and will be addressed with the appropriate parties, as they assist us as we strive to provide the best possible service to our guests. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest should you return to Budapest in the future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were amazed by this hotel. Throughout our 10 day trip to 4 different countries, this was the best hotel we've stayed in. We were greeted in English by a very kind staff. Bellmen opened the door for us every time and brought all luggage to the room. The room & bathroom were flawless. The most impressive part was the spa - our jaws dropped when we entered. Make sure to leave time to enjoy this during your stay. The jacuzzi tubs had massaging jets on the bottom that were just what we needed after exploring the city all day. Also has a beautiful pool, 2 saunas, ice shower, and steam room. GREAT experience. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Please let me start by letting you know how truly grateful I am for your thoughtful review of our hotel. I am so pleased that you had a fantastic stay with us and took advantage of our wonderful spa to refresh after your exciting adventures in the city. We are enthusiastic about the prospect of welcoming you back in the near future.

We stayed on the 22 May for 3 nts, we chose an executive
Club room. We were checked in at the executive lounge promptly
And offered a glass of champagne.

Our room was large, the bed extremely comfortable and the
Bathroom had a walk in shower & bath. All espa products
Were a lovely touch.

The hotel truly is a luxury hotel, with an amazing spa.

Breakfasts were sumptuous, catering for all tastes.

I would say the lighting in the room was on the dim side, brighter
Particularly from early evening would aid getting ready.

I would suggest taking a hair dryer, one is supplied but more
Like the travel variety.

Hotel service was excellent, plentiful towels, robes etc

Executive lounge was pleasant, refreshments, soft drinks,
Beer & wine available throughout the day.

Whilst we set the air con in the lowest setting this was not
Particularly cool during the night. Didn't effect us in May too much
But do feel temperature need to be regulated better.

Beautiful lobby, great facilities. 10 mins walk to the Andrassy
The main designer street.

River cruise definitely a must, visit to the thermal spas worthwhile.

Room Tip: A gem in Budapest - 10/15 mins walk to city centre. Located near the opera house Restaurants/bars.
2  Thank joanne t

I would first like to thank you for your detailed review of our hotel and for sharing your wonderful photographs as well. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and time here in Budapest. Thank you for your constructive suggestions regarding the room, I will personally bring this to the attention of the appropriate parties. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just got back from a week at the Corinthia, what a fabulous hotel. My wife and I had excellent/professional service from all the staff: the concierge arranged for airport pickup and made dinner reservations prior to arrival; the executive club staff was great (booked tours and always there to provide friendly service including those espressos!)). The breakfast buffet was elaborate including sparkling wine, the food fresh and delicious. Great to be able to go from your room to the spa in your robe via a private elevator. Location works well from all tourist destinations as the #4 & 6 Trams stop right out front. It is definitely worth booking onto the executive club level for all the bonuses you get. Don't miss eating in Bock Bistro in the hotel: fabulous food and stunning Hungarian wines; small and you need reservations.
We loved this hotel, and Budapest, so much we are going back in October.

2  Thank fishert

Thank you for your praising review of our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay and I appreciate that you mentioned the dedicated services of our concierge and executive club staff. We are very enthusiastic to welcome you back in October and thank you for your loyalty to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was the most relaxing and luxurious hotel we have ever stayed in, with fantastic value for money. From the moment the doorman opened the door to welcome us to the Grand Corinthia, we were enveloped in a hotel exuding luxury, but not in the least bit pompous. The staff could not do enough for us but were not intrusive. The whole atmosphere was one of rest and relaxation in impeccable surroundings.
Evokes all the grandeur of the old Grand Budapest Hotel, but with all you could want in a modern hotel. You will not be disappointed if you chose the Corinthia Hotel

Room Tip: Obviously the suites and rooms to the front of the hotel would be a money no object choice, but our...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased that you had such a great experience at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I appreciate your recognition of our staff who take great pride in providing first-class service to our valued guests. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Corinthia in Budapest in May 2014 for a week. We had booked an executive room. I am a frequent business travel and a demanding customer who spend on average more that six month per year in luxury hotel around the world. By curiosity we checked on location other room for similar budget or slightly higher in similar hotel downtown Budapest. We can then positively affirm that the Corinthia offered us the best price performance ratio and benchmark first out of the panel we audited. The breakfast buffet is very good, the service impeccable, I was afraid that the location would be an issue, it is not. Conveniently located near the Oktagon subway station, in front of a tram stop and with taxi available at the entrance all the time, moving in Budapest was easy during our stay. I highly recommend the executive room at the Corinthia (The free snacks and refreshment that comes with this room are a really nice bonus). The AC did not make any noise. The bed and the quality of the furniture was luxurious, clean and comfortable. Only downside, we had no view, but this did not bothered us at all as we spend most of our time outside visiting Budapest. Regardless of cost, my opinion is that the Corinthia is the best hotel in Budapest. For a budget of around 150 GBP/night I can say that it offered us the best quality/price ratio at the time and clearly outperformed its competitor.

Room Tip: Executive room come with free buffet snacks.
3  Thank pof

I would first like to thank you for your detailed review of our hotel.
It is always wonderful to receive such a positive review, especially from such a frequent traveler like yourself. We are constantly striving to provide the best service to our guests and I am delighted to hear that you had such a great experience. I appreciate you mentioning our executive lounge, a wonderful feature of our hotel, as well as our convenient location. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future.
Warm regards,