“Wonderful Hotel”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #16 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had a great four days at this hotel, really couldn't fault it. Service was fabulous, especially in the executive lounge. Our room was lovely and the hotel building is very impressive. We had one evening meal in the hotel which we really enjoyed, we also used the spa and had a treatment, the spa was impressive and clean and the service from the therapists was excellent. Would return here without doubt.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Blondie728
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay. I am really pleased to read that you were satisfied with our staff and services. Thank you for pointing out our spa facilities, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest Wellness section.
I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The end of September we were in Budapest for 3 nights and stayed at the very elegant Corinthia Hotel. It was a beautiful setting for our first trip to Eastern Europe. We found the staff from the front desk to concierge, the breakfast staff and hosts to be very helpful. The breakfast buffet (included with our room charge) was quite extensive and included a dish that my husband's mother (born in Hungary) use to make. The hotel was located about a 20-30 minute walk to the Danube and we got to see shops, markets and apartments close up and bought Hungarian paprika at a local market. We also walked to the beautiful Dohany Synagogue. The rooms included a book explaining the history of the hotel which we found fascinating. We were very pleased to have stayed at the Corinthia.

M&M E Schwartz

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I was delighted to read your generous remarks about our Hotel. I appreciate your mentioning about the attentive service provided by our staff. I’m very pleased that you pointed out our location that we are very close to the most important touristic attractions. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Amazing hotel, the pictures you see are exactly how it is. We got a great deal on booking.com and I recommend upgrading to the executive club which gets you breakfast, free drinks and snacks all day. Staff are so attentive and helpful. The rooms are extremely comfortable and the bathrooms are marble which adds to the luxury of the hotel. The location of the hotel puts you about ten minutes walk from the central shopping area and there are lots of lovely restaurants nearby. Stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your praising review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with all the readers. I appreciate you mentioning our executive lounge, a wonderful feature of our hotel, as well as our convenient location. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Very truly yours,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for a conference and was very impressed by the hotel. It is beautiful, with a fantastic sweeping staircase.
The conference facilities are excellent and the staff were very good and accommodating.
My one irritation was that they were setting up tables at midnight outside my bedroom, so there was a lot of scraping and noise, making it hard to sleep.
Breakfast was good, with lots of selection.
The front of house staff were for the most part friendly and they all spoke good English.
I would definitely stay again as this truly is a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Choose an Executive room for access to the Executive club, where there is a lounge area, buffet and...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I was delighted to read your generous remarks about our Hotel. I am glad to note that your stay was great here. Thank you for highlighting our breakfast, which is bookable online in advance on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I will pass your kind comments to our Front Office team members. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. It's a nice hotel, live music in the evenings, good service. We used executive club and loved it. We were two ladies and we found enough food for the whole day there. We ate dinner outside the club only once at the hotel restaurant and food was delicious. Breakfast really good, a lot of variety. Service very good too. I want to name very nice old man Erno, who did great job in the breakfast room.
Spa is nice too, not very croudy.
However, I am not going to stay there next time I visit Budapest. Location is not very good. You have to walk long to the river and outside environment is not very nice. We had room facing the street and it was noisy. Rooms facing breakfast atrium may be noisy too due to people eating, so I really do not know if there are any queit rooms there. Bathrooms need some fixing, broken marmour some places, although it did not bother us much.

Room Tip: Choose an executive room. It's worth money you pay.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

I value your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I noted that some of our services did not exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention as guest feedback is invaluable to our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services. We hope that otherwise your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We spent two nights here at the beginning of an Insight Vacations tour of Central Europe. Our jaws dropped when we arrived, unaccustomed as we are to such grand accommodation. All aspects of the hotel were in keeping with its appearance - service, our room and the bar - but the breakfast topped them all. What an outstanding variety of delicious and nutritious items from which to select, including Prosecco, if that's how you'd like to start your day. We are not water babies but tour group members who swam in the pool were in raptures. (We can't comment on value, as we paid a single sum for our complete tour.)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I would first like to thank you for sharing your pleasurable experience here at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am so glad that you were fascinated by the facilities of our beautiful building. Thank you for pointing out our spa facilities, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future.Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Enjoyed our 3 day stay at the hotel. We had taken the apartment which was excellent and very convenient for my wife, son and myself. The swimming pool and spa are really nice. Conveniently located near the tram station to go to the river front. Had dinner at the restaurant and the food was outstanding. Area near the hotel is not the best tho'.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the apartment if you more than two of you are travelling. Has two bedrooms, lounge and kitc...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

I would first like to thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and its facilities. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us, and enjoyed the serenity and spaciousness of our residences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future. Kind regards,