“Lovely hotel lose to the sites” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corinthia Hotel Budapest

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #17 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lovely hotel lose to the sites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel has a great staircase if one is a bride. It is beautiful. Our room was nice. We were close to tourist sites. The buffet is expensive if you eat breakfast. There are resturants on the sitght-see route if you want a continental breakfast without spending $38 per/person. I personally brought my own instant Starbuck's coffee with with me for my eye-opener caffeine.

The hotel is well located to historic sites. I tend to walk a lot. However my husband who avoids waking like the plague, wished we had bought the on-off stops tickets for touring. This is available for people who want to see Budapest without walking. Perfect for my husband. We did not use the hotel restaurants. The sleeping rooms rooms were nice. The concierge staff was lovely as were the bell staff. Would I stay there again, absolutely. In fact, I want to return Hungary. There is too much to see in one week. The Corinthia is a perfect hotel.

Room Tip: Want to stay before you get to the breezeway. The hotel must miles long. We ended up staying in a ro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jogtheworld
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you very much for your positive and very detailed review. I was glad that you were impressed by the service provided by our staff. We would be honored to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future. Kind regards,
Thomas M Fischer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,063)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wetaskiwin, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great location! Walkable distance to everything! Breathtaking stairs and entrance. We enjoyed the outdoor patio on the 4th floor, a tad pricey but nice for 1 or 2 beer. The room is spacious with a full tub and shower. We enjoyed a king size bed and it was our favourite part! It is incredible. Struggled to get out of bed every morning. Great concierge service. Definitely recommend walking to the bathhouse, and ruin pubs. Great pubs, and eats near by as well. Great hotel! 5 stars!!!

Room Tip: King size bed is a must!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I value your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. Thank you for highlighting the World Cup Sky Terrace, from which more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Kind regards,
Mantsala, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was like an old movie, when I got to the hotel. Immediately was the doormen and piccolos as help with luggage. The reception was friendly and fast. The staffs men was dressed in suits and ties.

The room was spacious, clean and bright, the bathroom nice. The only thing that could have been better, was the suspension of the bed. The bed was too soft for me, I like the harder one.

We found everything from the mini bar. The matter was bluffing in the bottles on the table, I thought that they are included in the price. But they were mini-bar products.

Spa was clean and beautiful. There was Turkishness feel in the air. Jacuzzis bubbles were awesome. There was three saunas, steam room was ok, but the saunas with heater was too hot. 90℃ is too much, 60-70 ℃ would be enough. And in heater should be more stones. The ice bowl was new thing to me. Slendid idea. The place was peaceful, only few people was there with us.

The breakfast was terribly expensive. But it was really good with sparkling wine and hundreds of different foods. My fafourite was catfish with mustrad sauce, home made apricot yogurt and Hungarian paprika ragout. The waiters brought the coffee and tea, and sometimes filled wine glasses.

We ate supper once in the hotel restaurant. We waited an awful long time our food, and it was not even good. Dessert was really bad, there were two shoe pieces swimming in a lime sauce. Don´t ever take that one!

I liked this hotel, I could come here back.

Room Tip: We have room number 4314, it was quite peaceful. From the window he saw the hotel's restaurant...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I am so pleased that you had a fantastic stay with us and took advantage of our wonderful spa to refresh after your exciting adventures in the city. Thank you for the useful comments, so we can improve our services. We would be honored to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future. Kindest regards,
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Very close to ruin bars, public transport and most sights on interest.
Hotel was huge with SPA facilities on site. Gym had very little equipment and was rather small.
Rooms were clean/tidy and staff helpful. Would return.

Room Tip: Booked with Mr an Mrs Smith and had been provided with a free bottle of Hungarian wine in the room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
First of all I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I appreciate you mentioning our convenient location, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/budapest Destination section. Thank you for your kind words. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon. Yours faithfully,
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We lived in the Corinthia for three days, it was one of the best hotels we've ever been. The historic feeling spa was fantastic and free to use. The room was clean and comfortable and Corinthia was right in the central of Budapest. The staff were all very nice and friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I am so pleased that you had a fantastic stay with us and took advantage of our wonderful spa to refresh after your exciting adventures in the city. Thank you for your kind words. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Very truly yours,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Brilliant hotel, very ornate and well presented lobby, rooms and spa. Room very spacious and well furnished, excellent bathroom. Roof top terrace a nice touch for football World Cup. Staff exceptionally helpful. Highly recommend. The spa was fabulous; great sized pool, excellent jacuzzis, sauna and steam rooms. Very salubrious. All round great hotel.

Stayed June 2014
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. Thank you for pointing out our World Cup Sky Terrace, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/budapest. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Kindest regards,
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Attended a 3 day business meeting held at the hotel. Great location for exploring Budapest especially if you like to walk as you can get plenty of interesting exercise. I found the service at the SPA to be fabulous and took advantage with two massages over 3 days. The room was extremely comfortable, the staff very friendly and the food was first class.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you had such a great experience at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Thank you for pointing out our spa facilities, from about you may find further details on Corinthia.com/Budapest at Wellness section. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Very truly yours,