“Great Luxury Stay!!! Highly Recommended”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #16 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I recently completed a 3 night stay with my girlfriend for a surprise long weekend birthday present. From the moment of our arrival the stay was faultless, having booked an executive room we were welcomed at the private check in with a glass of champagne and had all the information we required for our stay provided. Offered the opportunity to have a snack while bags were taken to the room and was generally very surprise at how friendly all the staff were. The team recommended great restaurants and activities to do during the day including HOPON HOPOFF bus tour - well worth the money and great to ensure you don't miss the town. The hotel was great through our whole stay, the spa was beautiful and have to add a special mention to the brasserie restaurant which is picture perfect and the food just as good, wasn't too expensive and was worth the money. Great stay would recommended to anyone.

Room Tip: Get in the exec lounge well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jake B
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us.. Thank you for the special mention of the Brasserie and Atrium Restaurant, from which more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest at Dinings section. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Best regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked the Corinthia Royal Residence for a three day party and we loved it so much we decided to spend 16 more days in the Hotel. The facilities are beautiful, clean and comfortable. The service is superb! The staff is amazing! You ask for something small and they go beyond your expectations to please you. We are a retired couple, we love to travel and we always aim to stay somewhere real nice. We also had our 19 year old grand daughter with us and because she is such a wonderful girl, we like to pamper her. The Corinthia Hotel was the perfect place for us.
We loved the spa, the entertainment at the Orfium Club and the Bistro next door. I highly recommend it to anyone for business or pleasure. We will be back on our next visit to Budapest.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Royal Residences. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

A grand hotel ideally situated for public transport.
The pool and spa are brilliant also well equipped gym.
We had a free room upgrade which was great the room was elegant and had very high quality finishes .The room overlooked the atrium to the centre of the hotel ,quiet ,clean .
The breakfast was exellent champagne ,smoked salmon and all the other lovely things that was on offer.fine dining restaurants were on offer all very good .
Staff were very professional and very helpful .
When I go back to budapest I will book this hotel again I got a great deal and it made our lovely weekend complete .
You carnt go wrong here brilliant .

Room Tip: Politely ask for a good room the staff were very accommodating .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. I am delighted to note that you were satisfied with our staff. Thank you for highlighting our breakfast, which can be reserved in advance on corinthia.com/budapest.We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future. Very truly yours,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Wonderful hotel, service was excellent, staff very helpful. Spa was beautiful, with easy elevator access, basically what you see in the pictures you get. Only a 5min walk from the hop-on hop-off bus stops which was handy.
Only thing i will say is the breakfast is not worth €29 per person, there is a good variety there but not enough to merit that money. Apart from that the hotel is near perfect.

Room Tip: Pop next store to the hotel brasserie for breakfast, its a lot cheaper!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

I am truly delighted to know that you had a superb stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I appreciate you mentioning our Royal Spa, a wonderful feature of our hotel, as well as our convenient location, from which more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Kindest regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel has a great staircase if one is a bride. It is beautiful. Our room was nice. We were close to tourist sites. The buffet is expensive if you eat breakfast. There are resturants on the sitght-see route if you want a continental breakfast without spending $38 per/person. I personally brought my own instant Starbuck's coffee with with me for my eye-opener caffeine.

The hotel is well located to historic sites. I tend to walk a lot. However my husband who avoids waking like the plague, wished we had bought the on-off stops tickets for touring. This is available for people who want to see Budapest without walking. Perfect for my husband. We did not use the hotel restaurants. The sleeping rooms rooms were nice. The concierge staff was lovely as were the bell staff. Would I stay there again, absolutely. In fact, I want to return Hungary. There is too much to see in one week. The Corinthia is a perfect hotel.

Room Tip: Want to stay before you get to the breezeway. The hotel must miles long. We ended up staying in a ro...
1  Thank Jogtheworld

Thank you very much for your positive and very detailed review. I was glad that you were impressed by the service provided by our staff. We would be honored to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great location! Walkable distance to everything! Breathtaking stairs and entrance. We enjoyed the outdoor patio on the 4th floor, a tad pricey but nice for 1 or 2 beer. The room is spacious with a full tub and shower. We enjoyed a king size bed and it was our favourite part! It is incredible. Struggled to get out of bed every morning. Great concierge service. Definitely recommend walking to the bathhouse, and ruin pubs. Great pubs, and eats near by as well. Great hotel! 5 stars!!!

Room Tip: King size bed is a must!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

I value your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. Thank you for highlighting the World Cup Sky Terrace, from which more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was like an old movie, when I got to the hotel. Immediately was the doormen and piccolos as help with luggage. The reception was friendly and fast. The staffs men was dressed in suits and ties.

The room was spacious, clean and bright, the bathroom nice. The only thing that could have been better, was the suspension of the bed. The bed was too soft for me, I like the harder one.

We found everything from the mini bar. The matter was bluffing in the bottles on the table, I thought that they are included in the price. But they were mini-bar products.

Spa was clean and beautiful. There was Turkishness feel in the air. Jacuzzis bubbles were awesome. There was three saunas, steam room was ok, but the saunas with heater was too hot. 90℃ is too much, 60-70 ℃ would be enough. And in heater should be more stones. The ice bowl was new thing to me. Slendid idea. The place was peaceful, only few people was there with us.

The breakfast was terribly expensive. But it was really good with sparkling wine and hundreds of different foods. My fafourite was catfish with mustrad sauce, home made apricot yogurt and Hungarian paprika ragout. The waiters brought the coffee and tea, and sometimes filled wine glasses.

We ate supper once in the hotel restaurant. We waited an awful long time our food, and it was not even good. Dessert was really bad, there were two shoe pieces swimming in a lime sauce. Don´t ever take that one!

I liked this hotel, I could come here back.

Room Tip: We have room number 4314, it was quite peaceful. From the window he saw the hotel's restaurant...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I am so pleased that you had a fantastic stay with us and took advantage of our wonderful spa to refresh after your exciting adventures in the city. Thank you for the useful comments, so we can improve our services. We would be honored to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future. Kindest regards,