“Flawless, luxurious, and exceptional service”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #15 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Corinthia exceeded our expectations in every way. The hotel is every bit the 5 stars that it is awarded, the staff could not be more helpful and courteous, and the location is perfectly placed for a city break.

Having booked an executive room we were taken immediately from the normal check in desks to the executive lounge, with our luggage managed by the hotel. The best description of the executive lounge and indeed the service wrapped around the booking is that it feels equivalent to travelling business class with a high end airline. You have all day access to the executive lounge where you can eat and drink at anytime without charge, and you are waited upon attentively. This was superb for us, as a coffee and spot of lunch was more than enough after a great breakfast. The service doesnt stop when you check out, and you are free to use the lounge until you leave the hotel to get your flight... Very useful!

The hotel certainly has the wow factor in the reception area, and continued to deliver throughout.

The rooms are large, well appointed, clean, and have everything you could need... Including your own coffee machine. The bathroom has bath and seperate shower.. and spotless. The TV had many english speaking channels, although there is so much to see that our time in the room was only to sleep. The hotel is quiet and we had no disturbances, and after a day of walking the hotel spa is top quality for a sauna or jacuzzi.. And it is well kept and spotlessly clean. Wifi is free everywhere, and decent speed.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel, and hope to stay here again. I would recommend the Big Bus as a means of seeing everything Buda and Pest have to offer, as there is a good deal to see, and it is is quite spread out. You can get on and off at your leisure over 48 hours and a river cruise is included. It was about £20, and worth every penny.

We ate in two Bistro style restaurants, Zeller and Ket Szerecsen. Both were excellent with Zeller offering a family feel and food to die for.

One word of warning.. Which is nothing to do with the hotel. The yellow taxi drivers at the airport are likely to overcharge you. The journey from the airport to the hotel is about 18km, and takes about 25 minutes in traffic. The price should be no more than 5000 florints (£12). I recommend agreeing the price before taking the taxi as fixing the meter is common place, and you can be charged three times this amount.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Midlands_Leicester_
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay. I am glad to note that your stay was great here. It is wonderful to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay and I appreciate that you mentioned Executive Club services, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Kindest regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My partner took me here as a surprise in April for my 40th...you wouldn't believe it looking at me! lol.
The hotel is located centrally in the city and is positioned ideally. This is the kind of hotel I like ; Antiquated externally but updated to todays standards internally ; impeccable service, beautifully furnished rooms.
We stayed in the executive lounge and received the additional benefits of exec lounge, afternoon snacks and drinks.
I loved this city so much and I am very glad she selected the Corinthia for me. The spa was wonderful and very relaxing, so much so that we both fell asleep in the rest room, floating on a peaceful serene cloud.. until some unsuffarable, bungling oafs came in crashing and shouting and snapping us out of our bliss!
I did not dine at the hotels restaurants but outside. That was purely a personal reference.
I work in the travel industry (20 years) and can only applaud the staff and the management for a truly special atmosphere and environment.
Well done Corinthia. . .

Room Tip: The executive offer is a no brainer
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank evrenium

I was delighted to read your generous remarks about our Hotel. I am glad to read that you had a really great and memorable stay and birthday celebration with us. I am so glad that you were fascinated by the facilities of our beautiful building. This kind of reviews give us always a new inspiration to do all of our bests for our guests. Thank you for your kind words. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed there for three nights and can really recomend this hotel! We had booked an executive room, with access to the lounge which offered breakfast and a light meal in the evening. We chose to have breakfast "downstairs", since the selection was bigger, offering all you can wish for (including champagne:-) Staff is very serviceminded and friendly. The room was quiet and clean, and the SPA was small but nice. Even so, beeing in Budapest, I will recomend checking out other SPA's in the city as well. I don't see how I can stay anywhere else if/when retuning to Budapest

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank GunnHAn

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am really pleased to read your review. It is wonderful to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay and I appreciate that you mentioned Executive Club services, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Kindest regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Amazing staying, excellent service and fantastic SPA. Very nice hotel: elegant architecture, cleaned and warm atmosphere. Comfortable location, very close to the city centre. Prices related to the service.

Room Tip: "I recommend Deluxe rooms"
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simona C

I value your comments posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and its facilities. I appreciate you mentioning our convenient location, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/budapest Destination section. We are enthusiastic about the prospect of welcoming you back in the near future. Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I recently completed a 3 night stay with my girlfriend for a surprise long weekend birthday present. From the moment of our arrival the stay was faultless, having booked an executive room we were welcomed at the private check in with a glass of champagne and had all the information we required for our stay provided. Offered the opportunity to have a snack while bags were taken to the room and was generally very surprise at how friendly all the staff were. The team recommended great restaurants and activities to do during the day including HOPON HOPOFF bus tour - well worth the money and great to ensure you don't miss the town. The hotel was great through our whole stay, the spa was beautiful and have to add a special mention to the brasserie restaurant which is picture perfect and the food just as good, wasn't too expensive and was worth the money. Great stay would recommended to anyone.

Room Tip: Get in the exec lounge well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jake B
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us.. Thank you for the special mention of the Brasserie and Atrium Restaurant, from which more information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest at Dinings section. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Best regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked the Corinthia Royal Residence for a three day party and we loved it so much we decided to spend 16 more days in the Hotel. The facilities are beautiful, clean and comfortable. The service is superb! The staff is amazing! You ask for something small and they go beyond your expectations to please you. We are a retired couple, we love to travel and we always aim to stay somewhere real nice. We also had our 19 year old grand daughter with us and because she is such a wonderful girl, we like to pamper her. The Corinthia Hotel was the perfect place for us.
We loved the spa, the entertainment at the Orfium Club and the Bistro next door. I highly recommend it to anyone for business or pleasure. We will be back on our next visit to Budapest.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Corinthia Royal Residences. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

A grand hotel ideally situated for public transport.
The pool and spa are brilliant also well equipped gym.
We had a free room upgrade which was great the room was elegant and had very high quality finishes .The room overlooked the atrium to the centre of the hotel ,quiet ,clean .
The breakfast was exellent champagne ,smoked salmon and all the other lovely things that was on offer.fine dining restaurants were on offer all very good .
Staff were very professional and very helpful .
When I go back to budapest I will book this hotel again I got a great deal and it made our lovely weekend complete .
You carnt go wrong here brilliant .

Room Tip: Politely ask for a good room the staff were very accommodating .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. I am delighted to note that you were satisfied with our staff. Thank you for highlighting our breakfast, which can be reserved in advance on corinthia.com/budapest.We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future. Very truly yours,