“The Grand Budapest Hotel !”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #16 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed 3 nights in this lovely hotel over the world cup season. Its a great 5 star hotel with all the bells and whistles - they even conduct hotel-tour (behind the scene), and that's how big and history it has.

I was able to reach the hotel from airport via subway (exit Oktogon Station - I loved all the stations ... it will deserve a write up itself for its character). Anyway, buy a 24hr (less than 15 euro) ticket - it will be worth it as you will need it for LOTs of travelling (bus/tram/train into the town, bath, EVERYWHERE, so its definitely worth it.

Anyway, it is a huge hotel so I recommend you take the one that is close to the SPA lift (yes they have a spa lift where you can go straight to the spa in your bath robes without walking through the lobby).

Food: I didn't try the breakfast because its just too expensive.... there are tonnes of food just outside the hotel so there is no problem.

Staffs: Well, I guess this is the part I found it a little short ... They do not have Mr. Gustove nor Zero Mustafa where they can anticipate a need before a need is needed. I'd like to see more "warmth" from the staffs if possible, rather than mechanical greetings; to be fair, I didn't meet any rude staffs nor any unpleasant experience.. just that for the magnificence of the place, you'd be expecting something similar from its service.

Spa: The pool, a few saunas and a few steam bath was great ... and it is non-finnish (so you get to keep your clothes on), special mention is its Jacuzzi .... strong jets were best remedy for a long day of walking (especially if you climbed Gillert hill or the castle).

Conclusion: I'd stay here again (only if they have the stay-3-nights-for-the-price-of-2), its cheap and really does feels like the Grand Budapest Hotel (less Mr. Gustave)

Room Tip: Ask for the room that is near the spa-lift so you walk less in this huge place.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I am truly delighted to know that you had a superb stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and its facilities. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and found our spa to be a relaxing retreat during your visit. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest.
Best regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed in 2 rooms, my father and carer in a room for the disabled, and my sister and I in another room. A hiccup with our bedding, but it was soon sorted.

The staff were excellent, and the proximity was good too. The only thing I would complain about, and by the time you read this, it would have been fixed, is the pavement everywhere around was dug up. Not the hotel's fault, of course!

Breakfast was awesome, and the costs of everything seemed reasonable.

I loved it - it was a fantastic, palatial hotel and I want to return to!

Room Tip: This place is HUGE, so be mindful of distances with bags, or general walking from one place to anoth...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. I appreciate your recognition of our staff who take great pride in providing first-class service to our valued guests. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

It's exactly what you expect from the Corinthia! The building is stunning and since we had an apartment, we were lucky to have to walk through the entire hotel to see all the various areas - stunning! We have not stayed in an apartment in the past, and must say it was perfect for our family of 5, especially the laundry unit for our 3 boys under age 8! It was in a very quiet area with its own garden and just felt like home, but with the full service of an excellent hotel. As a note, for us, the bell men were considerably more helpful in guiding us through the city than the concierge, as the information they provided was more friendly and personal.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the apartments - they were huge and perfect for us.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank spospk
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Royal Residences. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. We are enthusiastic about the prospect of welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Fast and polite check in.superb entrance and stairway.all staff very professional and happy to help.great location,easy access to everywhere. We walked to and from the centre.red and yellow bus hop on and off two minutes walk.room OK not as amazing as the rest of the hotel.spa and swimming pool was absolutely amazing and very quite.great value for a five star hotel.went on the bend tour,don't bother.we had a great time here for our anniversary, even got champagne and strawberries in our room

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yentocs

I would first like to thank you for sharing your pleasurable experience here at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for mentioning our Royal Spa facilities, from about you may find further information on Corinthia.com/Budapest at Wellness section. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest. Cordially,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

berfect hotel nice location, amazing hotel. stay there for 3 nights for city break and i love it. very clean rooms, helpfull staff. the tram stop outside from the hotel. Quite rooms. defently will go again. if of course we found good deals.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank andronikifl

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. Thank you for your nice words about our hotel, staff and services. We continuously offer great deals on corinthia.com/budapest, so I would suggest to visit it time to time to discover the best offer. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future. Very truly yours,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I booked this hotel for my husband and I for a short Christmas treat. We honestly couldn't ask for a more beautiful and wonderful break. We paid for the Executive Room with access to the Executive floor which is well worth the extra money.The hotel itself is absolutely stunning and we had a wonderful tour by the charismatic hotel Manager. The history of the hotel and Budapest is fascinating so do go if you have the opportunity. It was also wonderful to be shown the ballroom. They were also so helpful in making restaurant reservations and booking taxi services.

The Spa is lovely, but we felt the Jacuzzi was a little cold!

We had a room facing the street, but we did not experience a problem with noise. The breakfast was one of the most extravagant things I've seen, you are completely spoilt for choice.

The hotel is around a 20 minute walk from the main parts of town, but we loved the walk every day. We had gorgeous sunny weather and thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas markets and stunning views. There is so much to see and do we had trouble fitting it all in over 3 days. A ten minute walk to the left upon exiting the hotel will take you to the New York Cafe, which claims to be the most beautiful Cafe in the world - worth a visit!

We cannot fault the Corinthia, it is grand, romantic, tonnes of character and beautiful. We were looked after so well, real 5 star treatment. We even had champagne and strawberries delivered for our anniversary. Thank you for a wonderful break.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. I am happy to read that you have an excellent wedding anniversary here. I’m very pleased that you pointed out our location that we are very close to the most important touristic attractions. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon. Best regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We visited her as a group of 4 couples to celebrate a birthday.

The hotel is very grand, beautiful foyer and the hotel seems to go on and on forever!! We stayed in a deluxe room that had all the mod cons, tv, air con, hairdryer, robes etc. Very clean, very well maintained and a good size.

We didnt take advantage of the spa whilst we were there but we went to have a look around the pool area which was again very very clean and well looked after.

Drinks for a city hotel we found were reasonable at roughly £5 for a beer, however the rest of budapest we found the same for £1.50 which is really really cheap for a city. We found the whole weekend away to be reasonable to most city breaks, even though we were slightly confused with the florins to start, we couldn't believe the cost of food and drinks, cheapest place we have been to for a long long time.

The hotel was a 10/15 minute walk to the Danube, very centrally located in pest.

We had a wonderful stay, the staff at the corinithia were very helpful and I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family, definately worth a visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank northroph
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you very much for your positive and very detailed review. I am glad to read that you had a really great and memorable stay and birthday celebration with us. I am delighted to note that you were fascinated by the facilities of our beautiful building. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future.
Very truly yours,