“The hotel is like a palace and I felt like a king”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #20 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Nahariya, Israel
“The hotel is like a palace and I felt like a king”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

For my 50th birthday I booked a room at this hotel. At that time I was working in Europe and my wife came from Israel. Yes, we met at the airport and from there we drove to the hotel. We were very pleased when we entered the lobby, a palace converted into a hotel, stunningly beautiful, the room we got (suite) was excellent, two bedrooms, living room, two showers and all the comforts Appropriately from this level. It was the best birthday of my life.The hotel is located on the main street of the city, very close to public transport, cafes and restaurants and all the entertainment and tourist centers.The services of the hotel are excellent there. Best is the hammam and indoor pool.

Room Tip: I love the roar and so I asked a room facing the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
First of all I would like to thank you that you have honored Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your Budapest stay. I am glad to read that you had a really great and memorable stay and birthday celebration with us. I appreciate you mentioning our convenient location, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/budapest Destination section. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future.
Very truly yours,
Thomas M Fischer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,098)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great hotel conveniently located a 2 minute walk from great restaurants and the House of Terror Museum. Centrally located between Heroes Square and the Danube. Staff was attentive and kind. But oh the pool! The spa features are what sold me. How could you stay here and not go in that beautiful pool? Overall, the hotel was beautiful, the rooms were comfortable, and I had a great stay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ellie L
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
My sincerest thanks for your review of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am delighted to note that you were satisfied with our staff. Thank you for pointing out our spa facilities, from about you may find further details on Corinthia.com/Budapest at Wellness section. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Best regards,
Pons, France
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Beautiful hotel, wonderful facilities, lovely attentive staff. The Executive Club is a must as you can have drinks and snacks all day. Also, you can have your breakfast there instead of the main breakfast area but without any queues.

The rooms are very comfortable and spacious, good air-conditioning. The restaurants are lovely and charming, have very good food both at Bock and the Terrace Restaurant.

The pool is also beautiful and large, you can actually swim properly. :-)

We would stay here every time we come to Budapest from now on. Do not worry about the location, it is about a 5 minutes taxi ride ( 5 pounds ) to the buzzy busy centre but you could also take the tram form right outside the hotel ( for 1 pound) and see some sights along the way. Highly recommended, this classy hotel offers an amazing value for the price!

Room Tip: Executive Room. You have a much larger room and access to the Executive Club where you can eat and d...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I was delighted to read your generous remarks about our Hotel. I am so glad that you were fascinated by the facilities of our beautiful building. It is wonderful to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay and I appreciate that you mentioned Executive Club services, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/Budapest. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.
Kindest regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

An absolutely superb hotel, Exceptionally clean, total luxury, friendly helpful staff. If you book with Expedia - the best value I have had in a long time.£300 for 4 nights.
Ideally placed for the main part of the city. Some great restaurants in easy walking distance and only a 20/25 min walk to the river with some nice bars to pop into for a cool beer.
If this is the standard of the other hotels in the Corinthia chain I will probably not bother looking at other hotels if they are available
The city on a whole is a really nice place to visit , So much cheaper than Paris, and although I know they are there somewhere I didn't see one pickpocket/thief whereas in Paris they are everywhere.
If you fancy a great city break with good places to visit, nice food and change for another holiday later , then visit Budapest - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ivan E
Let me thank you for your all-embracing positive comment and for recommending us to the traveling community. I was delighted to see that you had a great hotel experience here. I appreciate you mentioning our convenient location, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/budapest Destination section. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future.
Cordially,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

When we booked this hotel for 2 nights in June on Expedia at a half price rate we thought we might get a bad room. Not so! We were given a marvellous and really large room, it was wonderfully quiet, had tea, coffee and hot chocolate, a large bathroom, comfy bed, slippers and a robe. We were rapt and would highly recommend the hotel to anyone - if this was a cheap room imagine what the expensive rooms are like.

We were located right opposite the small separate lift to the spa, pool etc. I had scoffed at people writing that you just put on your robe and slippers and head on down in the lift, thinking it would be embarrassing. But that is exactly what you do, what everyone does. The free spa/pool are wonderful and well worth a try so take your bathers.

We found the hotel really well located in the heart of Budapest. It is very close to the Museum of Terror (well worth a look) and stop no 2 of the tourist bus so you can get on early and beat the crowds who get on down by the river.

There is a Spar grocery store 2 minutes away which had great sandwiches if you fancy a snack, water etc etc and between the hotel and stop no 2 of the tourist bus there are lots of restaurants, we ate at 2 and the food was great.

The doorman at the hotel was wonderful, really friendly and helpful in getting us a taxi which wouldn't rip us off - beware taxis in Budapest, you have to be really careful not to overpay.

All in all a wonderful stay at a fabulous hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sujatojo
Thank you very much for your positive and very detailed review. I am very pleased that you had such a great experience at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. This kind of reviews give us always a new inspiration to do all of our bests for our guests. I appreciate you mentioning our convenient location, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/budapest Destination section. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in Budapest soon.
Very truly yours,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had previously stayed nearer the Danube when in Budapest. We enjoyed the location of the Corinthia. We had transit passes so we would take a tram either 1 or 2 stops to the metro which connected to all of Budapest. We had dinner all 3 nights within a 10 block distance of the hotel. Walking to the restaurants took us through some of the neighborhoods in Budapest which are changing - there are different names including Ruin Pubs for this district.

The hotel itself was very good and we would recommend it. However, there were a number of minor issues with the hotel which shouldn't stop anyone from staying there. The hotel also gets a lot of tour buses from river cruises and other packaged trips which negatively affects the ambiance.

Overall - we recommend this for a way to stay in a very nice hotel, see a new neighborhood and save a little money on this level of hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay.
I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel. I appreciate you mentioning our convenient location, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/budapest Destination section. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future. Kind regards,
singapore
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed 3 nights in this lovely hotel over the world cup season. Its a great 5 star hotel with all the bells and whistles - they even conduct hotel-tour (behind the scene), and that's how big and history it has.

I was able to reach the hotel from airport via subway (exit Oktogon Station - I loved all the stations ... it will deserve a write up itself for its character). Anyway, buy a 24hr (less than 15 euro) ticket - it will be worth it as you will need it for LOTs of travelling (bus/tram/train into the town, bath, EVERYWHERE, so its definitely worth it.

Anyway, it is a huge hotel so I recommend you take the one that is close to the SPA lift (yes they have a spa lift where you can go straight to the spa in your bath robes without walking through the lobby).

Food: I didn't try the breakfast because its just too expensive.... there are tonnes of food just outside the hotel so there is no problem.

Staffs: Well, I guess this is the part I found it a little short ... They do not have Mr. Gustove nor Zero Mustafa where they can anticipate a need before a need is needed. I'd like to see more "warmth" from the staffs if possible, rather than mechanical greetings; to be fair, I didn't meet any rude staffs nor any unpleasant experience.. just that for the magnificence of the place, you'd be expecting something similar from its service.

Spa: The pool, a few saunas and a few steam bath was great ... and it is non-finnish (so you get to keep your clothes on), special mention is its Jacuzzi .... strong jets were best remedy for a long day of walking (especially if you climbed Gillert hill or the castle).

Conclusion: I'd stay here again (only if they have the stay-3-nights-for-the-price-of-2), its cheap and really does feels like the Grand Budapest Hotel (less Mr. Gustave)

Room Tip: Ask for the room that is near the spa-lift so you walk less in this huge place.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I am truly delighted to know that you had a superb stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and its facilities. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and found our spa to be a relaxing retreat during your visit. I do hope to welcoming you back to your next visit to Budapest.
Best regards,