“Pristine, comfortable hotel with top class facilities”

Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ranked #15 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

It would be easy for a hotel this large to feel empty and unaccommodating however the Corinthia is anything but. From its impressive lobby area, friendly/helpful staff, to the large perfectly kept rooms (with fantastic all marble bathrooms) you really get the best of everything.

Complimentary WiFi was great and fast when unwinding in the rooms and the house keeping service were fantastic.

Cannot fault this hotel. Its setting, it's staff, its spa, it's proximity to rapid transport links, this establishment has it all.

Would definitely return to it or a branch in another city.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. Thank you for highlighting our complimentary WiFi service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at our Hotel in the not too distant future. Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Two Australian couples have just stayed 3 nights. The hotel is beautiful and has such astonishing history. Food and service was outstanding and rooms were spacious and comfortable. If I had a complaint it would be that some of the wait staff in the restaurant were a little 'gruff' but nothing could take away from the grandeur of the hotel and the comfort of the stay. A great experience!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your stay. I am most pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. I appreciate you mentioning our history, from which additional information can be found on Corinthia.com/budapest History section. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. Best regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel is very nice, luxurious and clean. The room was great- nice desighned with comfortable bed and sitting area with spacious marble bathroom.
We both liked the Mezzani executive V.I.P. Club where you can enjoy glas of wine, snack, coffee etc and the very good breakfast in the main restaurant.
The SPA area is very good with swimming pool, steam, sauna etc- great bonus is, that kids are allowed only from 11 am till 3 pm.
It was simply great and by our next time we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ewangelle

I am truly delighted to know that you had a superb stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. We are constantly striving to provide the best service to our guests and I am delighted to hear that you had such a great experience. Thank you for mentioning our Royal Spa facilities, from about you may find further information on Corinthia.com/Budapest at Wellness section. I do hope that we will have a chance of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Hi all,
I have been at the Corinthia for a week end , and on my own,I had a Great experience there, and It has been like living in a castle , surronded by lot of smiles and kindness from everyone, The staff is polite and well trained, the service was good, the quality of the food excellent, and what was really surprising me, was the 24 hour room service , fast and good, with any kind of spoilt you will never even believe about.
Thank you so much to all of you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Scelsi S
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Please let me start by letting you know how truly grateful I am for your thoughtful review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking your time to share your experience with all the readers. I appreciate your recognition of our staff who take great pride in providing first-class service to our valued guests. We are enthusiastic about the prospect of welcoming you back in the near future.
Very truly yours,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We arrived for a one night stop over having stayed at the Boscolo the week before so we were interested in comparing the two closely located 5 star hotels.

We arrived by cab and were greeted by a very keen young doorman who helped us in to the check in with our bags.

The hotel would benefit by changing their uniforms though (please drop the hat) unfortunately they tend to give a scruffy look which isn’t the fault of the staff.Bright shiny shoes also give a good first impression.

The check in desk staff were extremely well presented, “booted and suited” and professional and after a slight glitch we got checked in and made our way to our room.

The room was as exactly we expected and did what it said on the label so the accuracy of the hotels web site can be relied on so no surprises other than no turn down service which we took as standard for 5 star . All well presented and in good order

Also sadly no free bottled water!

Due to time constraints we didn’t use the pool or spa facilities but we did have a tour and they were unique and exceptional and when we return we will spend a day in the hotel using them! 10 out of 10!

This hotel is very slightly higher priced compared to the same standard competitors within the same location and its worth the money if you are sassy enough to secure a sensible deal before you book.

All the staff we met were well trained,polite, and spoke excellent English and were extremely welcoming.

This was especially noticeable at breakfast which was a very pleasant experience.
Also special credit to the brasserie staff and manager! We had an excellent dinner in the brasserie- I highly recommend that if you visit the Corinthia you dine in the hotel!

Check out was painless and prompt.

We will certainly stay at the Corinthia again just as we would the Boscolo , the spa at the Corinthia is however a huge plus and the dining there more refined and that’s what would just swing it for me

Well done Budapest- great hotel choices.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarionMontgomery
ThomasMFischer, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and its facilities. I am really pleased to read that you were satisfied with our staff and services. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Corinthia Hotel Budapest in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I arrived on a Sunday afternoon and I had arranged in advance for the hotel car to pick me up. On that note, I had emailed back and forth with the concierge about various activities around the area before my arrival and he always was prompt and informative in his replies. The driver was waiting for me when I arrived and was polite and very nice and gave me some background about the city on the way to the hotel. The hotel itself is VERY clean. I mention this because cleanliness in a hotel is my very first priority. The pool is beautiful and plenty of room in the sauna and steam room. These are co-ed which was fine. I had a Chakra massage given by Lydia and it was nothing short of amazing. I stayed in a room that had a king bed (very comfortable) the pillows were a little lumpy but the sheets were clean as was the whole room. There was also a desk and small couch so plenty of space. I went alone but certainly plenty of room for two. The location is perfect. I walked around the city every day of the 5 days I was there and I found amazing areas East, West, North and South of the hotel. There are literally hundreds of cafes, restaurants, and bars within walking distance of the hotel. The staff was very professional, friendly, and helpful. Budapest is a beautiful city and I would definitely stay at the Corinthia again. In fact, I will be looking up where their other locations are for my next adventure.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MissLisa41

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I was glad that you were impressed by the service provided by our staff and you pointed out our location. Thank you for pointing out our spa facilities, from about you may find further details on Corinthia.com/Budapest at Wellness section. I hope the next opportunity to hosting you in the Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
Cordially,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is a fine hotel in a historic building that has been finished to a high specification. The room was spacious and comfortable with a nice bathroom. The lobby area was beautiful with live music coming from the bar.
But the real selling point of this place is the great spa in the basement. As beautiful as some of the more famous ones elsewhere in the city if not as big. A real bonus for guests.
We didn't have the breakfast as we felt it was rather expensive and there were so many great cafés nearby. In fact the location was great for a number of things. A tram stop right in front of the hotel and the underground 5 minutes walk away.
My only small complaint was that it was so large (500+ rooms) it felt a little impersonal compared to some other nice hotels, but the helpful and friendly staff did their best to alleviate this and they all spoke perfect English.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

My sincerest thanks for your review of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am delighted to note that you were satisfied with our staff. I am so pleased that you had a fantastic stay with us and took advantage of our wonderful spa to refresh after your exciting adventures in the city. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Corinthia in the future.
Yours faithfully,