8,178 results
All reviews executive club beautiful hotel royal spa executive room rickshaw restaurant steam room main restaurant five star hotel spa facilities the river tram stop the air conditioning opera house long weekend jewish quarter city break public transport
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Corinthia is a beautiful hotel and maybe we caught it on a bad day. On the positive, I will say the building in magnificent and the rooms are very nice and the breakfast and the staff at breakfast is first class, but unfortunately the housekeeping service let it all down. We departed our room at 7.30am to go and explore Budapest and returned at 5pm and our room hadn' t been made up. I discussed this with front desk and manager of house keeping and was explained it had been a very busy day and would be done right away. We advised we couldn't have it done right away as we were preparing to go out for the evening but the room would be be free from 6.45pm for cleaning and this was noted by the House Keeping Manager. We arrived back at 10pm and was greeted by our room still not serviced.upon going to reception again and talking again to the house keeping manager he was surprised it hadn't been cleaned as he instructed, but he had never checked it had been done. By now it was 10.30am and they offered to clean room then but we declined as we had to be up next morning at 5am to get ready to leave, so we were left with a couple of clean towels and some shampoo and a sorry and that was it.
Unfortunately a sour taste in what could have been a special place.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dartman444
JeanPierreMifsud, Vezető at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Dartman444,

Thank you for spending your time to give us a straight and detailed feedback from your experiences during your stay at our hotel.
It was great to read that you took great pleasure in the décor and architecture of the Corinthia Hotel Budapest, the result of a careful restoration of this beautiful building. You have been kind to praise our breakfast buffet selection, which I appreciate.

I may offer my sincere apologies for the poor service you received on this occasion. Please be assured that this is not a true reflection of the high standards on which Corinthia prides itself. I can assure you that your comments have been reviewed with the Housekeeping team and expected service behavior has been reinforced.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Corinthia Hotel Budapest and better meeting your expectations in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We really fell in love with this hotel. Everyone was so helpful and on point.

Food - wow, the breakfasts were sublime - and there was always a bottle of sparkling wine and Asti at the ready!

The restaurant attached to the hotel - the Caviar&Bull is sensational.

The part that really ended up enjoying was the club lounge. The staff were no exception and were so welcoming and couldn't do enough for guests. It was a nice place to sit, play cards and watch the folks milling in and out of the hotel. The staff were so tolerant of my food intolerances and went to so much effort to make sure I could eat.

Not to mention It was literally food and drink all day. There was always something. Oh the cheese counter.... too good!

And special mention the wonderful Concierge who tirelessly ensured my trousers were fitted and tailored before a wedding. She was so helpful acting as an interpreter!

I even left said suit behind and they were really helpful finding it and arranging postage.

Everyone from the super efficient and friendly bellhops top the always smiling housekeeping team were exceptional. So refreshing to find such a lovely hotel with old world charm...

Only little thing - the minibar was quite steep. If I did my math correctly - it was 5000 HUF or £13.50 for the chocolate bar! I literally had to jump across the room to stop my chocoholic girlfriend from opening it! :O

....Apart from that - its still a 10/10 in my book!

Awesome stay guys! See you soon! ;)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mikeijay
JeanPierreMifsud, Vezető at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mikeijay,

Please let me start by letting you know how truly grateful I am for your thoughtful review of our hotel.

It is wonderful to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay and I appreciate that you mentioned the dedicated services like breakfast, and all-day catering at our Executive Lounge.

I am glad to hear that you were happy with the level of service you received and found the concierge to be helpful, as they are a great resource to help guests.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff at this hotel are so attentive I may have discovered what it feels like to be rich! And frankly any hotel which serves mini apple pancakes with vanilla ice cream for breakfast is a winner in my eyes. Add to that a health spa with a Hapsburg-elegant swimming pool and this is city centre luxury of the finest kind. Only 2 things; the bathroom floors are mirror-polished marble (nightmare for safety-conscious people) and the spa treatment prices are (undoubtedly worth every forint) but really really not cheap. I would love to go back again. Ideally, soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear-side room, the traffic is very busy.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona A

Dear Fiona A,

Thank you for such kind words and we are honored that you consider Corinthia Hotel Budapest to be one of the best hotels you have ever been to. The team truly cares and your feedback is both, so motivating and gratifying. Should you decide to come to Budapest again please do not hesitate to reach out in case there is anything we can be of assistance with - it would be our pleasure! The entire team and I send you best wishes from Budapest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Corinthia is a very nice hotel in a great location. We really enjoyed the location because we saw so much more of Budapest than just the area around the river. It's conveniently located near the metro, streetcars, and bus lines. Don't be alarmed when you pull up to check in--it is located in a very busy and commercial part of town, but once you're inside, it's extremely quiet and comfortable. The best part of the stay were the baths--they are beautiful and well worth the slightly extra room cost. The Opera, shopping district, and excellent nightlife are just minutes away.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoriRNYC

Dear LoriRNYC,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I’m very pleased that you pointed out our location that we are very close to the most important tourist attractions.
It fills me with great joy to know that you had a great experience whilst you were staying with us and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I recently stayed at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for the first time - it was absolutely fabulous! The ambience, facilities and personalised service were wonderful. We stayed on the executive floor - the room was large, beautifully furnished and well equipped. The Executive Lounge offering breakfast, lunch and pre-dinner drinks and hors d'ouevres has a delightful ambience - and the service was outstanding! A visit to the pool and Spa is a must - both are stunning! The Spa staff are superb - friendly, experienced and professional. Next time we're in Budapest, we will definitely book the Corinthia. It's not just a superb hotel - it's an experience!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter W

Dear Peter W,

Thank you for sharing this excellent review of your stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, so, to learn that you found our service to be excellent is the best piece of feedback my team and I could hope for. It is such a pleasure to read that our staff went above and beyond to ensure you enjoyed your experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,