“Good for groups”

Adina Apartment Hotel Budapest
Ranked #17 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 20 September 2009

I stayed at the Adina with four friends and the apartment was ideal for us. There were two bedrooms and a large pull out bed in the living room. The only minor problem was five women sharing one bathroom. It would perhaps have been better if the shower was seperate.

The staff were helpful and friendly and the breakfast was very good. The hotel isn't directly on a bus or metro stop but both can be reached by a five to ten minute walk.

It was particularly nice to be able to use the pool and sauna. Both were immaculately clean and never seemed busy.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 August 2009

We spent 5 nights here with two young children, in a one-bedroom apartment. Reception staff were concerned that we wouldn't be comfortable in such a small space, but you could have slept a couple of families in there. We have been travelling for some months, and have been used to sharing one room, so having such a large apartment was incredible. One rollaway bed was brought in and put in the living room, and we made up the sofa also. There were two televisions, and the children were delighted to discover a cartoon channel in English. I was so happy to see a kettle, and it saved us seeking out a laundromat thanks to the resident washer/dryer. We booked via Expedia, and paid 100Euro/night, and it was great value. We didn't have breakfast included, which was no problem because of the fully equipped kitchen. The pool was great, and we were the only ones there when we swam. We were out of the centre of town, but could walk down to the river and to a fantastic children's playground. The metro was a short walk away, so getting to the centre of town was easy. We didn't want to pay the hotel parking prices, so parked in a guarded lot across the road for 8000ft/week. We highly recommend these apartments.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank OurGrandDayOut
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We really enjoyed our time in Budapest. The hotel was slightly off the beaten path but we were able to get to the public transport within 15 minutes by walking. One day we even walked all the way home from the Chain Bridge (with three kids).

The hotel itself was fairly modern. The rooms were very large and included a kitchen and each room had a television. The hotel also had an indoor swimming pool as well as a gym. The gym was better than I expected--two treadmills (one was broken), bike and rowing machine plus various free weights and a few machines.

Hotel staff were helpful and the breakfast was decent but not exceptional.

In case anyone is interested, I took my kids to the water park at the Radisson. We took a taxi and the kids had a lot of fun. It was a great break after all of the sightseeing. My favorite thing in Budapest was the Parliament--make sure to take the tour!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MfamilyLondon
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Excellent service - willing to accommodate almost any situation. They allowed us to leave luggage in a secure storage for 2 days until our next check-in and gave us a huge take-out breakfast as we checked out before breakfast was being served. Great facilities - room was comfortable and full of conveniences (fridge, hot plate, microwave, dishes, etc.) and the pool facilities were nice. The courtyard was a bonus for my smoking husband. Best value I've had for the money. Haven't had anything equivalent in North America yet.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Salamamber
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Stayed at Adina apartment for four nights in June. The hotel claims to be a five star hotel but I doubt that any kind of official rating. The hotel was large and quite modern, with a nice garden. We were upgrade from a one room apartment to a two room suite. The room was very spacious with a full equiped kitchen, separate bedroom and large balcony facing the garden. The bathroom was ok (it had a washing machine!), so was the toilet - not very modern and not very recently renovated but ok. We were put off a bit but the buckled wall to wall carpet but as a whole the room was good. I imagine if you were to stay there long (with kids) it's a great place thanks to the equipment and space. There was separate air conditioning in all rooms, which is good and the room has free wifi. The beds were large and in good shape and we weren't distured by any noise.

The breakfast did absolutely not stand up to a five star rating, poor coffe from a machine and a rather poor selection of bread and juices. It wasn't included in the room price either, so I would recoomend go to a coffe shop instead (if you find any in the area). Another thing I was dissapointed in was that you had to book massages at least 24 hour in advance.

The hotel location was decent, quiet and calm but it was a 30 minute walk to the center (which we find ok) and a ten minute walk to the subway. West end shopping centre is located real close, perhaps a ten minute walk, and so is the new market hall which is definitively an expericence. Great fun to watch the locals and the different fruit and food stands.

All in all I would give this hotel maybe a four star rating, based on services offered (wifi/fitness area/indoor pool/spa) . Breakfast and the wall to wall carpet is a drawback and if you want to stay close to the heat it's a bit off. I would recomment it if for a longer stay, it's probably very comfortable if you are travelling with kids. The staff was real nice and the location is decent if you are prepared to walk - it's a nice walk along the river.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M1lla
Reviewed 18 July 2009

We started our vacation to central Europe in Budapest and stayed 5 nights at the Adina Hotel. There were four of us, myself, wife and two kids 12 and 14. The Adina was perfect for us. We were a little concerned at first since this was our first family trip to Europe and I did all the planning. We rented a two bedroom apartement that was very nice and comforatable. The bedrooms were reasonably sized, one with a queen, the other two twins. It had a nice large living room with balcony, a good sized bathroom and small kithchen. Importantly the staff, especailly the night manager, were extreemely helpful with all our needs.

The hotel is located outside of the main tourist area, but is very close to subway line #3, and numerous bus and tram stops. So getting into the city and anywhere else you want to go is very easy. There are also several good to excellent resturants in the area. My kids especially like the all you can eat place right around the corner. I've forgotten the name. Also nearby is the western train station and market.

We had a great experience here and would definately recomend this hotel and Budapest for a family vacation. Make sure to visit the baths. These were the highlights for my kids. The Terror Museum is also very informative and enlightening.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I must admit that I was a bit nervous before our weekend escape to Budapest - especially when a friend who is local to Budapest told me that the Adina apartments were "not in the best place of town"! But from the moment we arrived, my anxiety was wiped away. We were greeted by extremely friendly staff at reception (btw, this was actually a "secret hotel" booked through a lastminute.com deal - £99 for two nights) and given the key to our room, which was VERY spacious - much larger than I was expecting. The one downside to the apartments is that they're obviously business-centred - meaning they're designed for business men/women on short term stays in Budapest. So it's not exactly a cozy B&B/grand hotel feeling, but a bit clinical. On the other hand, it was pretty empty so at one point, we had the gorgeous pool, jacuzzi, and sauna completely to ourselves for an afternoon! It was really terrific. The staff were more than willing to help us with directions, booking a restaurant (we would recommend Klassz btw on Andrassy Ut - ridiculously amazing food for a freakishly low price), and even loaned me a towel AFTER WE HAD CHECKED OUT so my partner and I could have one last trip to The Gellert baths on our last day!

Sure the part of the city it's in is quite rundown and quiet. But at no time did I feel unsafe or uneasy. Everyone around was very nice and the strangers we stopped on the street were nothing short of helpful. Overall, Adina really gave us a great impression of our first time in Budapest.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple