All reviewslehel teraldi supermarketswimming poolwashing machinecity centrefull kitchena quiet residential areametro stationtrofea grillwest end shoppingsteam roomself cateringblue lineseparate toiletliving roomthe rivermargaret island
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We had previously stayed at an Adina Apartment Hotel in Copenhagen and loved it. The rooms in Copenhagen and Budapest are so comfortable, spacious and clean. However, our main reason for choosing Adina is that it offers laundry capabilities within the rooms. That helps us travelers who go on extended trips to Europe but still want to pack light. Unfortunately in Budapest, the room only had a washer, not a dryer. I was told I could use the two dryers the hotel's basement, but they weren't well vented and couldn't dry our clothes either. I ended up walking five blocks to Bubbles Laundromat to dry our wet clothes. It was frustrating. Also, there was no active air conditioning in the room; we had to open the windows. Finally, the WiFi and TV connections were a little unreliable. All that said, I still like the Adina Apartment Hotel chain. The rooms are great. In the Budapest location, it's just two blocks to the Metro, which takes you everywhere in Budapest, so that was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel but don't count on the convenience of its laundry capabilities.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
ABUD, Ügyvezető igazgató at Adina Apartment Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear InLoveAndOnTheGo,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We are sorry about your experience about our dryers in the laundry room and sorry that my colleagues could not help you to fix this. To my knowledge both machines work well. Next time please feel free to contact any of my team member and we will assist you with solutions.
We hope that you will visit us in the future and we can improve your Love for Budapest.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

A couple of blocks from the Metro stop but also a nice walk along the Danube to the city centre. Along the way you'll walk past the Parliament building and the shoes on the Danube memorial. The staff here are very friendly and helpful, knowledgeable about the city and willing to advise. As with other Adina apartments (we've stayed with them in Copenhagen) this is situated slightly outside the centre in a residential area which is safe and quiet. The pool, gym, sauna and steam room are good. There is a lovely bar, outside space and a book library. The apartment was very well appointed and a pleasure to stay in. If we came back to Budapest we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoxieandBaggy
ABUD, Ügyvezető igazgató at Adina Apartment Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear CoxieandBaggy,

thank you for your great feedback. Our Team is looking forward to welcoming you back at Adina Budapest or any other Adina Apartment Hotels.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Visited here with my partner and baby boy. If we were here just as a couple, it may have gotten a 4/5 but there were issues with having a baby with us.

Pros
General: Really nice hotel, very clean in general. Nice decor. Can't complain.
Service: The hotel staff provided a high chair at our request and were generally lovely.
Room upgrade: We were upgraded from a studio to a one bed, which was very much appreciated.
Location: As long as you don't mind a 20-ish minute walk along the river into city centre, it's a great location.

Cons
Room heating: The room was stifling hot and the air con would only blow hot air. We asked about this at reception and they said their heating works on one pipe and as we were coming into the winter months, it would only blow hot air. We were advised to keep the windows open, which the cleaners closed whilst we were out and we couldn't keep them open at night as it would wake the baby. They really need to update their air con.
Pool: One of the key reasons for booking this place was that it had an indoor pool so our aim was to have a daily swim with our baby son. We got down to the pool, changed in the extremely small changing rooms and then checked the pool... freezing. The temperature on the wall said the water was 28 degrees, which was rubbish. Unfortunately, you can't put a baby in such cold water so we had to leave. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear stockmaster247,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your general feedback about our hotel. I am pleased that your were overall satisfied with our service attitude.
Regarding the technical points you raised it is a fact that we have a two pipe system for cooling and heating. It means that we either heat or cool the building. I apologize for the fact that the cleaning ladies closed your window. Sorry if they missed the info not to close it. I am not sure that my colleagues knew about your complain as we are able to
cut off the fancoil so that it does not blow air at all.
I am sorry about your experience with our pool and temperature. We offer a swimming pool with a tempreature of 28 degrees. As we have to check the temperature every day I can confirm that this is constantly 28-30 degrees. In all our marketing materials we publish that we have a swimming pool that is cold for babies. Actually our jacuzzi offers a warm experience for all our guests.
I hope that we can welcome you back one day at Adina Budapest and your baby would enjoy our pool more and our lovely inner garden with the facilities.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Having requested a "quiet" room, preferably high up. We were allocated a double studio on the top floor overlooking the garden. Excellent accommodation and exactly what we requested. Just around the corner is an Aldi supermarket, and just up the road a market. Around the other corner is a tram stop, and 100 meters further a bus stop. The nearest metro stop is only 5 minutes. Good location, bright and clean, and very quiet. There is a gym and sauna on site. The staff are most friendly and helpful, a very good place to stay in an interesting city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden, so away from any traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham E

Dear Graham E,

we thank you for taking the time sharing your feedback and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay.
We do hope that we can welcome you back at one of our Adina Apartment Hotels in Europe, Australia or New Zealand.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I was very happy by choosing the Adina apartment hotel during my stay in Budapest. I stayed there for 5 nights from Oct the 04th till Oct the 09th and really enjoyed every minute of my stay in the hotel and in Budapest .
Arrived around 03,00 pm to be greeted by a lovely reception lady called Gabrielle ( Sorry if I'm spelling it wrong ) she was so helpful , informative and friendly checked me in no time and answered all my questions in a professional way I had apartment 47 .
The apartment was like a studio flat had everything you need and anything you can think of and a small little kitchenette but I'm not there to cook.
It was very clean and comfortable and in a reasonable size with a big bath room which contains a tub beside the shower so can't complain or ask for anything more .
Location wise it is in a very residential area so nice and quite 5 minutes walk to the tube station and a few yards away you could find Aldi supper market and inside the tube station you could find two more supper markets Penny and Prima both are very handy and about 15 minutes walk a big huge shopping centre called West End
Budapest is a charming city you fall in love with it in no time very clean and well organized and covered by an excellent public transportation system.
I did find out that senior citizens travel free of charge on all public transportation and this is not only for the Hungarian people but for people who comes from an EU country brilliant.
Next to the tube station which is close by the hotel there is a Hungarian market and must be seen all kind of fresh food is on display and of course the famous delicious Hungarian salami is available and very cheap comparing to England.
I was very sad to leave and felt sorry that I didn't stay any longer but I will be back and at least now I now where I will be staying next when I visit Budapest the Adina hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Richard504202

Dear Richard504202,

on behalf of the Team I thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope that you visit us soon.