“safe and pleasant”

Gold Hotel Wine & Dine
Ranked #118 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I spent some days in Gold Hotel Buda in October 2011. This hotel is well located in the center of Budapest. I could easily reach my company's office, but I also had an opportunity to see the wonderful view from the Citadel at night. Next evening I checked the beautiful Buda Castle area, where I had a nice dinner too.
I recommend Gold Hotel Buda for anybody, who is travelling by car. It is really a night
mare to find a parking place on the Pest side, and finally when you found one, you pay a
huge parking fee! Buda side is much better and safer. I could easily and safely park my car
for only 10 Euro / night at Gold Hotel Buda.
I also like the spirit of the Buda side, but Gold Hotel Buda still gives you the possibility to easily and quickly get to Pest, if it is absolutely neccessary.
Room was fine, no problem with cleanliness or temperature. Buffet breakfast was better than
I expected.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Terence C

Reviewed 18 October 2011

This hotel definitely does not deserve a 4* listing. Maybe 2. Breakfast is OK, dinner dreadful and they took ages to bring change from the bill and had to be asked repeatedly. The hotel is on a very busy main road.
One of the reception staff was very helpful. I considered changing hotels but decided 2 nights could be managed. The room was freezing and the heating system antiquated.
No minibar, no climate control, no safe and tvs only channel was CNN. Paper thin towels but good water pressure.

This is a beautiful city and well worth a visit. However, make sure you understand the ticket use for buses and metro as it can land you with problems with the so called tourist/transport police. (6000 forints fine and aggression).
A walk into the central locations takes a good 20 minutes, and although this sounds fine most of the walk is along a very busy main road (of which the return journey is up a fairly steep hill).
I would recommend staying the other side of the river in Pest.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jaeorgia
Arany-Toth, Manager at Gold Hotel Wine & Dine, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Dear Jaeorgia,
Thank You for sharing your experiences with us.
I am sorry to read that we did not succeed to fulfill all your expectations.
I am also sad to see that you removed the nice wooden cover of the heater and you made a photo about the heater without the cover. In case of a complaint we do our best to either turn on the heating or showing another room. I fully agree with you that you should have had a minibar in your room. Please accept my appologizes, that we did not succeed to repair and return it during your stay. Now we have minibars in all rooms. We have only central safe at the reception desk.
I am glad that you like Budapest and you also have nice memories with our receptionist. I would be also glad to welcome you in Gold Hotel Buda sometimes in the future and compensate you with better and faster service, as all our guests deserve it.
Best Wishes,
Mariann Arany-Toth
Gold Hotel Buda

Reviewed 14 October 2011

Within walking distance to all the sights and locations we wished to visit, this hotel was worth its price tag.Fantastic concierge service which really helps with bookings of theater, restaurant, special exhibitions or just insights into Budapest scene or directions.i would definitley go back to this hotel - it is a fantastic home base.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Arriony S
Reviewed 11 October 2011

True to their word, the hotel staff had a taxi waiting for us at the airport. We arrived exhausted from our trip, but the staff was warm, welcoming, and gladly upgraded our room for us. The friendly desk staff helped us with each request, and took the initiative to fill us in on the best ways to get around the city, even arranging for a rental car. The room was cleaned with care every day, and stocked with new towels and bar items. In spite of Budapest's busy streets, our garden facing 3rd floor room was quiet, with a minimum of sound heard from other hotel occupants. The included buffet breakfast was such a nice treat - every morning we were greeted with delicious, fresh pastries, eggs, cheeses, breads, coffee and other delectable treats. Dinner at the restaurant was also delicious, however due to our later autumn stay in October, we encountered the seasonal closure of the restaurant which was only slightly inconvenient for us, and the staff was happy to bring us hot water for tea/coffee upon our request. We often chose to walk in lieu of public transportation over the Duna River to the Pest side, and easily walked to other restaurants, bridges, the castle and other sites of interest, including a gorgeous walk up Gellert Hill to see the Freedom Statue with extraordinary views of the city!

Room Tip: Garden side is the way to go to cut down on the street noise. For more space and a small kitchen, re...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank NagyFamily
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I found this comfortable hotel on the internet. This was my first visit to Budapest, and frankly, I did not expect Budapest is such a beautiful city!
Receptionist explained everything we needed to know about the hotel and the city. The hotel is close to the Buda Castle, the Citadella and a bus stop (that takes you everywhere).
The other reviews are right, I had a great time in Budapest, specially because of the nicest receptionist, Tunde. Thank You Tunde and see you next time in Gold Hotel Buda.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
9  Thank Jon H
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed at the Gold hotel for 3 nights, had a superb time. Our room was pleasant with a very large bed, with pillow menu. The staff were very friendly and helpfull. The location is superb too. The hotel is situated in the middle of Budapest. 1 minute from the bus stations, easy walking distance to many attractions (be sure to have comfortable shoes). The Buda Castle and the Citadella are a few minutes away. Overall a SUPERB hotel. Loved it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank Christopher A
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Thank you for great service, fresh, delicious breakfast&clean and comfortable room. The location convenient to every part of the city. Public transport so easy, and on time! Good bus service to the Downtown, by Nr. 8 or 112, just 2 minutes. Citadel, Castle Hill: 10 minutes walk.
Reception: very helpful and can't do enough for you.
We will strongly recommend this hotel to our friends.Wish we could stay longer.
We go home with beautiful memories.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends