“A good experience”

Gold Hotel Wine & Dine
Ranked #120 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I spent three days at the Buda Gold Hotel.

To summarise, comfortable hotel, with an efficient polite staff.

Pros:

Polite, professional staff. Patiently answered any questions I had.
The lady during the daytime at the front desk should be singled out.
I thought breakfast was finished at 9 am so getting up late I didn't bother to go down.
She nice enough to call me at 9:55 and tell me that breakfast finished at 10 and I could run down if I wanted.
In addition the soap dispenser on the sink didn't work. I figured the cleaning staff would figure it out the next day. They didn't
so when I called down, she was upstairs in less than a minute with a new one. Management should be aware of how professional, useful and polite she is.

Nice location, very green. The Parliament or Budapest Castle are both about five minutes away by taxi with out traffic. There is a local bus that will take you directly there as well.

Breakfast was decent. I never saw any fruit but I always arrived at the last minute so it may have finished. Juice dispenser is too slow. They're better off with a mug.

Convenience stores nearby.

Bank across the street if you need to get money.

Extremely cost friendly and breakfast was included. My basic bill was 230 dollars for three nights.
However, this was April.

Cons:
Not really near the action in terms of walking. But the bus is cheap. But I was pressed for time and never bothered. I took a tax which was usually 7 to 10
dollars to the Parliament building.
You can actually walk to the Buda Castle which should take about 25 minutes. From there it's about another ten minutes to Parliament.

No room service during the day. No food other than breakfast. However, you can to reception and get a coffee from their machine.
Fridge could have some edibles, eg., nuts, chocolate, etc.

The liquid soap and the bar were not really of good quality. The bar was small and cheap looking and the soap in general wasn't soapy enough. When you're
used to a good quality soap, you can tell the difference.

My fan stopped working for about an hour. I was told the room had to get down to 20 degrees. But then it started working after an hour at 23 degrees and continued
for the rest of the night above 20. Thank God it did eventually work. The room was warm and the poor fellow was clueless as to why, thus the half baked excuse.

To summarise, I enjoyed my time there. I would certainly consider this hotel if I had to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank viri

Reviewed 29 March 2014

They offer very good rate for 3nights! The hotel is beautiful, new. Rooms are comfortable, really nice. Breakfast is fine buffet. It is in the center, we could easily reach any points of the city within minutes. Recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We booked this hotel for 3 nights and we received 20% off. Budapest and also Gold Hotel are beautiful and romantic. All important things are fine in this hotel: the bed, the bathroom, the quality. It was comfortable and reasonable. Location is also fine , in the very center. Book on the official site to get free breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We were in Budapest for a couple days. About the hotel, great location, new, clean, elegant, The bed was the best best bed I have ever slept in. The staff were helpful, friendly, and extremely efficient. All in all, I can not recommend this hotel highly enough. Budapest is a lovely city and this great hotel to use a base.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Svensson V
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We came to the wrestler World Cup and we really-really enjoyed our stay. The sport event could be easily reached from our hotel. The room was completely new and clean. We had more sport channels in the TV. We could choose to run on the steep, but green Gellert hill or on a professional and free runway nearby. We also received a free entrance ticket in a fitness club. I really recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Heinrich B
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had everything, what is important for me during my stay. Parking lot is behind the hotel, easy access to the hotel room. It is rare in Budapest, that the Wifi works properly in the hotel room, but here the WiFi is quick, no interruption, no complaint at all. I liked the quite room and the rich breakfast. Check in is also quick and I found many news channels in TV. I will return.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Grethegrene
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We booked this hotel directly some days before the trip. The staff was very helpful, they also booked our transfer and program tickets before we arrived. The hotel is cosy and comfortable with wonderful breakfast. Our beautiful room was big enough, decorated with nice materials. The quality bathroom is very clean. It’s a good choice to test the local restaurant with wine tasting, they also sell tasty Hungarian wines.Budapest is a pearl, do not miss to visit the folklore program and the Danube boat trip!

• Stayed: February 2014