“golden hotel”

Gold Hotel Wine & Dine
Ranked #120 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I was there with my family for seven nights and we spent a very nice time
very good hotel, clean, near to city center and hotel team is very cooperative.
internet is free but with some interruptions, breakfast is good but with limited choices.
price is acceptable, hotel is very calm.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We choose this hotel as it was one of the few available during the formula 1 weekend and were looking for a family apartment with on site parking.

The renovated apartment was in a separate building from the hotel. Prices were relatively high, especially as extra charges for parking and airco were added. (2 times €10 /day).

The hotel is at a main street connecting the motorway with one of the bridges. So pretty busy. With windows closed it was acceptable.

Breakfast was good and service as well. We had issues with the wifi. It was low quality. None of the apple based device could connect.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hvanmierle
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were her only for one night, rooms are really good and brand new ,food can be better... Service is really good too, its close to center. Budapest its terrific, Parking is charged 10 euro per day...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This small hotel is located very centrally, close to Buda Castle and the lovely Gellert Hill. I am very impressed with the food in the restaurant and the Hotel staff was so responsive to my needs. The interior design fun and exciting.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Mik F
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I highly recommend this wonderful hotel, located in center of Budapest. We stayed 3nights in a nice hotelroom. Bathroom, breakfast and restaurant were all excellent. The price/value is exceptional. We will return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maria W
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I've just got back from Budapest with two of my girl friends, we absolutely loved it and the location of the Gold Hotel ensured we got plenty of exercise!! It was situated at the top of the hill which led down to the Elizabeth Bridge, so it was roughly a 20 minute walk to beginning of the shopping areas (obviously walking back up to the hotel after a day's sightseeing was a bit tiring!) But cabs and buses were always available.

The only real gripe I had about the room was that we had very small windows which weren't very effective in creating a breeze or giving much natural light. Our air-con also didn't work, so with three of us sharing a room it often got quite hot and stuffy. But at the end of the day, it is a base to keep your belongings and sleep. The beds were very comfortable and we were always so tired from the day trips that we all slept very well!

I don't think I'd recommend the hotel to anyone who is a light sleeper, as it is situated on a main road and there is a constant sound of traffic and/or sirens. I'm a heavy sleeper so I didn't find it too much of a problem, but once you're aware of the sound it was sometimes hard to block it out.

We booked room only so didn't get to sample any food at the hotel, but the restaurant downstairs looked very nice and predominantly Italian (which was fine by me!)

The staff were always lovely and friendly, they were always very helpful with maps and explaining things. One of the male receptionists in particular was very kind and helpful with regards to booking taxi's and making sure the driver knew exactly where he was going, he seemed genuinely concerned about our well-being which was reassuring, and it was much nicer than just being left to sort it out ourselves. We also purchased our Hop On, Hop off Bus tickets from reception and the lady was very helpful in explaining what we got for our money.

Overall we really enjoyed our Budapest experience! The pound to forint conversion means that your money certainly goes a long way out there, and there is so much to see and do.

I highly recommend the boat trip over to Margaret Island, it was a beautiful place and great for chilling, eating and bike riding. Also make sure you include a visit to Szechenyi Baths - Both amazing on a hot days!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1984jane
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is a small family run hotel which is brand new. Don't expect gastronomic meals but the food is good and very reasonably priced and nothing is too hard work for the staff. The hotel is close to a main road but the superb double glazing stops most of the noise. I never once was interrupted by the noise in my sleep. I loved the bathroom which had a huge double shower. The furniture in the hotel is also new if somewhat of dated design but that does not cause any concerns.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front of the hotel to get quietest options