“Little treasure”
Review of Korona Panzio

Korona Panzio
Ranked #157 of 333 Hotels in Budapest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
The Hague
Reviewed 3 May 2013

my daughter and I had a 2 single bed room booked on April 28.
We arrived early around ten o'clock in the morning after a journey of 1300 km

My daughter wanted to take a shower, but we were not allowed more than two hours in the afternoon in the hotel room.
The room was quite prepared for our arrival, I had happily paid 10 0f 15 euro extra, but that was not mentioned.
additional tourists had to pay even though this was by booking including taxes.

So we went too the center of Budapest.
We saw a city which was much restored to buildings and roads. That seems positive, but you also saw that these renovations were 50 years too late. Budapest is a city in decline. Fun in the dark with lights, but on the day almost a public toilet. We saw and smell human excrement.

Just for two, we arrived back at the hotel reception.
Our room was given to other guests accidentally. We were quickly surprised with another room. When opening we saw a double bed. while we had sent. additional email about the two single beds.
And why did the other guests got our reservated room before 14.00?

This set the tone for our vacation.
I went back to reception and complained about the double bed.

There was some trouble with founding another room. In the seperate building there was a free room, but still had to be made ​​ready.
An hour later we finally could take a shower.
This room also everything was wrong. Air conditioning did not work, minibar did not work, shower mounting system was broken. Again complain, thats not nice if you want have a holliday.

For the airco must found a matching remote control, The minibar was filled with warm beverages, and still dident work.

The room was reasonably clean, but the bathroom had a limestone layer, who makes it all just not fresh. The chrome looks bad.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Johan Alphons D
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed here for 4 nights. Our hotel room was clean a very big, had our own seperate lounge area and big bathroom with a corner tub. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Only negatives was the WiFi did not work in our room but we were on the top floor and just had to walked Down one floor to get signal. Would recommend staying here for a cheap clean place to stay.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have stayed here for 4 days and 4 nights. I brought my mother for her 50th birthday as her father was from Budapest. I chose the hotel based on the price as I intended to be out and about all day and night.

When we arrived it far surpassed any perceptions I had. Brilliant looking outside. Fantastic service inside. The staff speak brilliant English and are always happy to help and assist you.
We had to be upgraded in room when we arrived, due to double bookings, from a triple to a apartment and we were glad of it. Very spacious with 3 single beds and a double split over two rooms. A bathroom, toilet, kitchen and living area, it was like living in a house. Getting to the main city wasn't to taxing. Just two short bus journeys that once done once are easy to remember. The restaurant was lovely. Friendly staff, good choice on the menu and very reasonable price. I would recommend the piggy soup, pork medallions and the penne, chicken and curry. Ate there two nights and one breakfast and walked away very satisfied.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Budapest and will definitely be stopping here myself in the near future.

• Stayed March 2013
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed for 5 nights, enjoyed every day here.
The Panzio is located very well, it is pretty easy to get to the city and also to get out of the city by car.
My room was clean and tidy, so the bathroom, both with a lot of place to put my things here and there. I liked very much the nice fragrance of the bedclothes and towels freshly laundered. Also wifi worked properly.
The breakfast was also nice, my favourites are the home made "körözött" and the fried eggs.
Would have preferred a bigger parking with more lots - actually my fault - I should learn to park my car properly... but the hotel personnel helped me out :-)

Room Tip: The hotel is situated next to a busy street, but it was no issue for me, I could sleep very well. Yo...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Great value for a few nights. We stayed for three nights and it was very clean, tidy if basic and staff excellent with English spoken by all and advice on how to get around etc. The restaurant was excellent value for money and please try the 'soup in a loaf'. Very novel, great taste and very filling!! Bus service was very good so easy to get into town and back at any time of day or evening and cheaply. Would use it again if we go back.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jollylucks
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2013

If your only needs are, bed, bathroom, wireless and food - this is the best budget option by FAR.
We booked for a total of 7 nights for two of us in a double room and paid only around £60 in total.

There are two buildings, the main building is the one you see on all the photos with the Korona sign. This building has the hotel reception, bar, waiting area and rooms. The other building is 20 metres up the road and has more rooms and the hotel restaurant.

Our room was in the second building, one flight of stairs up from the restaurant.
The restaurant is open from 7am-10am for breakfast (at a cost of 5 euro each if you haven't opted for the b&b option) then open from 12 - 10 for lunch/dinner.
Good food selection, very cheaply priced. Booth style seating with a conservatory area - don't sit that end of the restaurant though if it is cold because it's FREEZING down there! the upper part of the restaurant is lovely. A 2 course meal for two with drinks was around 25 euros (they accept Florints too).

Room was basic double, we had a bathroom, bedroom with desk area and tv and a small balcony/terrace area.
Very clean and tidy - duvets are two singles on a double bed (apparently this is common - took some getting used to for us!!)

Staff speak very good english - are really exceptional hosts and are happy to book taxi's/make calls for you.

Buses are the cheapest way into town - you will need Florints for this, the bus driver didn't accept Euros. Bus stop is right outside the hotel, get the number 53 to the top of the hill (about 3 stops) then get the number 8 into town. If you buy your ticket on the bus it's 450 Florints per ticket. (300 F = £1 - ish)

If we were to go back to Budapest, I would stay here again. It's about 35 mins from the airport and 15 mins from the town BUT the peace and quiet of the residential area is just bliss after a day in the bustling city and it's just SO much cheaper than the hotels in the main town.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple