“Very good!!!”
Review of Korona Panzio

Korona Panzio
Ranked #205 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Wow! This hotel was really great! It's very nice, good and clean room with balcony, fan and refrigerator! The service was pleasant and polite. Good breakfast. Only minus is a little bit far away from the center. But the place is very lovely and beautiful!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent 3 nights at Korona with my boyfriend and had a nice experience.
It is a small, family run "hotel" in the outskirts of Budapest, so be prepared that commuting to the city centre and back could take around 35-45 mins if you choose public transport but in return you can enjoy a quieter side of the capitol and a greener environment.
When I say it's a budget hotel, I mean don't expect huge rooms, king size beds, balcony facing the Danube etc.
Rooms are quite small, (or at least on the first floor), no balcony just on the second floor and the bathroom was only with a shower and was so tiny that the toilet was literaly in front of the bathroom door (but you could at least watch TV from there LOL).
The bed was a twin pushed together to make a sort of king size, not so comfy but okay. Our room on the first floor also had a small desk with mirror, a big wardrobe a small TV and a mini fridge that we could use free of charge. We didn't have aircon just a small fan but thankfuly there was no need to use it as the weather was not so hot.
Staff were really smiley and kind and we had free breakfast as well, which was in another building, in a restaurant about a minute walk from the hotel. Breakfast was continental, solid choice but helps you start the day. Unfortunately had a coffee vending machine provided only and coffee was dreadful from there, but otherwise there were salamis, scrambled and boiled eggs, some sausage, tomatoes, 2 types of cereals, 2-3 types of breads, jam...etc so fair enough for a free breakfast.
Overall the hotel was really clean, we got our towels changed after the second use without asking for it, which is a big plus because I've been to budget places where they didn't bother to change towels in 7 days. There was daily cleaning and the garden was also kept nice and clean.
Receptionists were serving from the bar even after midnight although the bar was supposed to be open only until 10pm, so they truly make those extra miles why they got Tripadvisor's best budget hotel award last year.
We'll be back next week for another some nights before we head back to Manchester.
We choose this hotel simply because the location was the best for us to be close to where our relatives live and of course the good reviews supported our decision as well. And we didn't regret it at all.
Great place for short term, budget stay, but not recommended for younger people who want to go out to party every night as the city centre is not so close and you could end up paying a lot for taxi rides. There are a few parking places in the hotel's parking lot if you hire a car and the hotel is easy to reach from the highway if you come from somewhere else. Public transport is not the best, there is one bus that stops in front of the hotel and runs until the outskirts of the city centre in every 15-25 mins, but you have to change to another bus or tram to get to the very centre.
Overall I would definately recommend Korona for down to Earth, older groups of people or couples, who don't have big expectations for a budget stay, but would like to enjoy a decent, clean, average room and quiet environment.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor room is you would like a balcony. Rooms facing the garden were super quiet...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Smurfingale
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

had a lovely stay here, the room was very clean, the food was amazing, staff really were helpful, very polite and gave us a warm welcome. Location is within easy reach of the city in a quiet suburban neighbourhood.Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank claireym50
Reviewed 8 July 2014

very nice location, panzio, staff and good services. back each time with great pleasure. Thank staff about! Here you will find a delicious breakfast, clean rooms, a lovley garden where you can relax !!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Selegian P
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend and our stay was terrible. A woman at the front desk named Andrea was condescending and very sarcastic every time we inquired about anything. The rooms are HOT and dirty. They didn't change our bed sheets once in our entire trip. The hot water heater doesn't work and you can bet on an ice cold shower every morning. There are so many beautiful hotels that are reasonable in price- avoid this one! Plus be aware of fees that the hotel doesn't include or mention - it cost us about 80$ extra in fees once we got there. My boyfriend and I tried to eat the breakfast (was supposed to be French toast??) and were both throwing up for 2 days. The bus rides aren't terrible to get to center city if you don't mind the 20ish minute trip but there is nothing located near the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
9  Thank Saraadilongo
Koronamanagement, Tulajdonos at Korona Panzio, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guests!

We are really sorry about your review, we checked all the mentioned details and I think your really subjective opinion comes from your disappointment about the payment upon your departure, what is mentioned in your review. I checked your travel voucher and it is an absolut professional description about the govermental tax called " city tax" what you should pay upon your arrival and the already paid services do not contain it. You spend a couple of days in our pension and as far as I know you never complained during your stay. As a hotelier I know that we can always do better and accept all concrete complains and me and the collegues try our best to find the best solution to solve them, but sorry to say we are not armoured against viciousness.

I strongly hope (also on other hotelier's behalf) that your review was written under an over-excitement and you will review hotels truly in the future.

Best regards:

Balázs Hernády
G.M.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I arrived to the hotel on Friday evening, but they said they had a trouble with a pump, so there were no water in the hotel. I was ready to solve this on my own but! This guys had already done it. They've booked me a room in another hotel, the ordered a taxi there and paid it. Moreover in Corona There was no breakfast included because I choosed this variant, but guys booked a room in new hotel and the breakfast was included! So they solved this problem and I could only say great thanks for it! So, I'm really happy that in this hotel there are such responsible persons

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Максим С
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I honestly have no idea how people are giving this place four stars. Maybe the reviews are not written by people who have actually stayed here? We have traveled all over the world and we are not picky people at all. Upon arrival we were not made aware of a 400 HUF fee per day, per person. This ended up being an extra 60 dollars for us. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere and you have to take two buses to get to center city (about 30 minute commute). There are huge spiders in the bathroom & my fiancé got bitten by one of them. Our shower was completely broken and Kevin had to stand on the toliet to hold the shower head and only a drizzle came out. Or extremely cold or hot water comes out. After 3 days of complaining they fixed the shower but the water heater is still broken & either burns you or is freezing. There were blood spots on our comforter and sheets. The breakfast consisted of dried out fruit and soggy French toast covered in flies, no joke. The service was sarcastic and condescending & Andrea in particular was completely useless. I took the time to learn enough Hungarian to be polite and respectful but Andrea was rude from the start. The AC was locked and we were told by Andrea we couldn't use it until 2 days ago we complained to a different guy and he just handed us the remote no problem- before that we had to sleep in a stuffy hot room for no reason bc the weather has been really nice here n makes our hotel room unbearable. The beds are hard and you feel wooden planks under your back. The patio is very nice.
Oh, and the wifi hasn't worked most days. I have to "forget" the network and resign on every 10 minutes if I'm lucky for it to work at all. There is no business center here with a computer you can use, so be advised. We had to ask repeatedly to have our boarding passes printed, and they were not happy to do it.
People at the hotel made some restaurant arrangements for us and said this is a service they provide at no charge but a man at the restaurant told us the hotel gets a kickback for sending people there, which means we paid more than we had to. There are no restaurants or markets close to this hotel.
Honestly, we have stayed in nicer hostels than this.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, there are other affordable options that are better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple