Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews beautiful zen garden i stayed in a private room young travellers shared bathroom home from home close to public transportation fully equipped kitchen stayed for nights hostel backpackers europe baths
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

I think the one thing that made my trip to Budapest a unique experience was definitely this hostel. Clean environment, peaceful and quiet. Helpful staff. They really succeeded in making this place like home. There's a little garden outside with a no noise zone which is pleasant.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Folbold
Reviewed 27 March 2017

My stay there was very nice. Very kind and helpful staff, and the place is interesting itself, it's not like the other hostels I've been around the globe. It has unique atmosphere. And also, last but not least, it's based in a very quiet area, just 15 min. away from the centre.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mihail K
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I booked last minute for NYE, obviously everything in the city center was booked and more expensive so I was stuck with the cheapest option. However, I am SO thankful I stayed here. Everything happens for a reason! I met the most wonderful people here. The people that stay here are all respectful and the staff is as well. Helpful in everything and the yurt was definitely an experience, especially when its freezing outside! Stay here!!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Samantha W
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I think that most people would agree that the Shantee House is THE PLACE to stay when in Budapest. It is quite far from the city center, but there are buses that go right into town just a few blocks away.

Staff are friendly and helpful. I stayed in the yurt (which I HIGHLY recommend!). The rooms are clean and comfortable. They had extra blankets which I was grateful for on the chillier nights. The other guests were respectful so I got a good nights sleep. The kitchen is quite small considering how many people were staying there but it was fully stocked.

There are lockers - bring a lock! Showers and bathrooms are clean and I never had to wait!

They have a hookah (shisha pipe) and often bake treats for their guests. Free tea and coffee and a full array of movies you can watch in their common room!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed in the yurt while here which was a great experience for me and my partner and the staff really catered to us making sure we was warm enough. There was a lot of facilities films to watch, book swap, showers and a kitchen. One flaw though is that the staff ( I don't know if lived there or not) took up ALOT of time in the kitchen. About 2 hours each time they was in there and it is impossible to cook your food without having to wait so long. Fair enough we all have to eat but maybe save the large amount of homemade cooking and long dishes to another time.. Let the guests use the kitchen too.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple